Tuesday recap apology

Round-by-round summaries of every game in recent series; for every series in the last 5 years, try cdb, the Countdown database. Obviously this forum contains spoilers!

Moderator: James Robinson

Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Tuesday recap apology

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Hi folks. For those who haven't noticed I've been falling more than a little behind with recaps Kid Mole-stylee of late. I've still not done the recap for Tuesday 13th April (Peter Zyss' 8th game) and doesn't look like I'm going to get a chance to do so soon. Thought I'd mention it so someone can have a go before it disappears from 4od. (The wiki version is probably already up if you just want to do a bare-bones version)

Also with exam commitments for the next month or so I've decided to offer up my every-other-Tuesday slot for the next few weeks. Those are:

Tuesday 27th April (tomorrow)
Tuesday 11th May
Tuesday 25th May

Reply here if you want any of these. Due to diminishing interest in new recappers and mass-Robinsonisation etc I don't expect these to get snapped up straight away but it's first come first served.

Thanks in advance!

Dinos Athanasios Sfyris
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Re: Tuesday recap apology

Post by James Robinson »

Since there does seem to be a diminishing interest in new recappers, just to clear up the backlog, I could do the one from 2 weeks ago, after I do tonight's, since I'm still interiming until Kai's replacement is sorted.

Having said that, there does need to be some new talent to be found. Maybe we should do a talent search :!: :idea: 8-)

P.S. I have no interest in doing the 3 recaps while you're off, Dinos. Unless it gets very, very desperate.
Dinos Sfyris wrote:Dinos Athanasios Sfyris
Cool middle name, btw. ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

I might start recapping again. What slots are available?
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

I have time neough on my hands to recap. Although I have no idea what to do or how to do it so that could be a problem. But I am available.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Jon Corby wrote:I might start recapping again. What slots are available?
Alternate Mondays are available with Howard, while Kai is in retirement. I've got today's sorted, so you don't need to worry about that.

As Dinos mentioned above, those 3 Tuesdays are available. Everywhere else is sealed, at the moment.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

James Robinson wrote:
Alternate Mondays are available with Howard, while Kai is in retirement. I've got today's sorted, so you don't need to worry about that.

As Dinos mentioned above, those 3 Tuesdays are available. Everywhere else is sealed, at the moment.
I don't want to rewatch old episodes. I'll take the Mondays then if there's no objection or rival bidding - I assume Howard is on next Monday, so I'll start the one after that, yeah?
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Jon Corby wrote:
James Robinson wrote:

I don't want to rewatch old episodes. I'll take the Mondays then if there's no objection or rival bidding - I assume Howard is on next Monday, so I'll start the one after that, yeah?
Yup. Excellent. Back down to 2 recaps for me then.
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Speaking of recaps, can anyone (Matt) give me any advice how to put a .exe file onto a post? That would make it so much easier for people to get hold of my Statistics Corner program.
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Kai Laddiman wrote:Speaking of recaps, can anyone (Matt) give me any advice how to put a .exe file onto a post? That would make it so much easier for people to get hold of my Statistics Corner program.
I don't think this forum lets you attach files, based purely on the fact that no one's ever done it before that I recall. Probably best thing is to ask Charlie nicely and I'm sure he wouldn't mind uploading it to the apterous server, and then you can give a link to it in your forum signature and/or related posts.
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

Jon Corby wrote:I don't want to rewatch old episodes. I'll take the Mondays then if there's no objection or rival bidding - I assume Howard is on next Monday, so I'll start the one after that, yeah?
Good news, Jon. :)
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

James Robinson wrote:I could do the one from 2 weeks ago
Ryan Taylor wrote:I have time neough on my hands to recap. Although I have no idea what to do or how to do it so that could be a problem. But I am available.
Ryan please help yourself to any (and as many) of my next 3 Tuesday recaps as you like. If you don't know what to do the How To Write A Recap thread should explain all.

Ta :)
Oliver Garner
Series 62 Champion

Post by Oliver Garner »

I will probably be giving up my recapping slot at the end of the series. However, this is not definite and I will confirm this if I do decide to give up.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Ryan Taylor wrote:I have time neough on my hands to recap. Although I have no idea what to do or how to do it so that could be a problem. But I am available.
It's pretty easy nowadays, armed with http://apterous.org/cdb/recapwriter.php and the accompanying help file.
Matt Morrison wrote:
Kai Laddiman wrote:Speaking of recaps, can anyone (Matt) give me any advice how to put a .exe file onto a post? That would make it so much easier for people to get hold of my Statistics Corner program.
I don't think this forum lets you attach files, based purely on the fact that no one's ever done it before that I recall. Probably best thing is to ask Charlie nicely and I'm sure he wouldn't mind uploading it to the apterous server, and then you can give a link to it in your forum signature and/or related posts.
Yep.
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Oliver Garner wrote:I will probably be giving up my recapping slot at the end of the series. However, this is not definite and I will confirm this if I do decide to give up.
If you do give it up I don't mind taking up Tuesdays full-time from Series 63. However an increase in regularity might mean quality of Dinos-caps will take a serious plunge due to a probable influx of can't-be-arsedness so would rather have a new recap buddy if you decide to hang up your recapping hat.
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Dinos Sfyris wrote:
Oliver Garner wrote:I will probably be giving up my recapping slot at the end of the series. However, this is not definite and I will confirm this if I do decide to give up.
If you do give it up I don't mind taking up Tuesdays full-time from Series 63. However an increase in regularity might mean quality of Dinos-caps will take a serious plunge due to a probable influx of can't-be-arsedness so would rather have a new recap buddy if you decide to hang up your recapping hat.
I've always found it's better if you're doing it with someone else, too. Dinos. But then, doing it on your own is better than nothing. :)
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Charlie Reams wrote:quote="Matt Morrison"]
Yep.[/quote]

I sent it to calr3, have you checked/is that the right one?
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Jon Corby wrote:
James Robinson wrote:

About face. I'm just too busy at the moment to give the recap the attention that you other guys do. Can someone pick up Monday 10th please? Sorry...
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Jon Corby wrote:About face. I'm just too busy at the moment to give the recap the attention that you other guys do. Can someone pick up Monday 10th please? Sorry...
Looks like it's up to me again. I'll sort it out, Jon. :)

You just make sure that your recap on the 24th is a blockbuster. ;)
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

James Robinson wrote:
Jon Corby wrote:About face. I'm just too busy at the moment to give the recap the attention that you other guys do. Can someone pick up Monday 10th please? Sorry...
Looks like it's up to me again. I'll sort it out, Jon. :)
Cheers James.
James Robinson wrote:You just make sure that your recap on the 24th is a blockbuster. ;)
Ah, you misunderstand - that was me backing out altogether...
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Jon Corby wrote:
James Robinson wrote:You just make sure that your recap on the 24th is a blockbuster. ;)
Oh dear. Well, I'll continue interimming until a new permanent person can replace you then. Hopefully, it won't take too long.

Maybe Ryan would like the job. He's done pretty good these last 3 Tuesdays. :idea:
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

James Robinson wrote:
Jon Corby wrote:
Oh dear. Well, I'll continue interimming until a new permanent person can replace you then. Hopefully, it won't take too long.

Maybe Ryan would like the job. He's done pretty good these last 3 Tuesdays. :idea:
Well as you know I'm available to do any recaps whenever so if you need them doing then just message me or whatever. Dinos is back to his Tuesdays starting from 18th May right?
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Ryan Taylor wrote:Well as you know I'm available to do any recaps whenever so if you need them doing then just message me or whatever. Dinos is back to his Tuesdays starting from 18th May right?
Ok to take alternate Mondays then? :)
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Ryan Taylor wrote:Dinos is back to his Tuesdays starting from 18th May right?
Negative. I'll be resuming my recapping post Tuesday June 15th.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Dinos Sfyris wrote:
Ryan Taylor wrote:Dinos is back to his Tuesdays starting from 18th May right?
Negative. I'll be resuming my recapping post Tuesday June 15th.
OK so I will continue with the Tuesdays until then shall I?
Howard Somerset wrote:Ok to take alternate Mondays then? :)
Yes I can.