Hyper Unlimited battle

Official forum of apterous.org, the website which allows you to play against other people over the Internet.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Hyper Unlimited battle

Post by Charlie Reams »

There's an awesome battle going on right now on the Hyper Unlimited Letters Attack leader board.

It all started when Joe Denniss' record of 211, which had stood since last August, was finally broken at the end of January by Lloyd Pettet with 213. Lloyd raised the bar again on 1 March to 214, only for Joe to post 217 later that day. Three days later Lloyd made 218, and the next day Joe re-retook top spot with 219!

I must say, the level these guys are playing at is really insane, with every game littered with words from regions of the dictionary where few angels dare to read. Very impressive dedication to such a niche variant. How long before even higher scores are achieved?
Matt Bayfield
Devotee

Re: Hyper Unlimited battle

Post by Matt Bayfield »

It's been entertaining to watch, and the standard is indeed impressive. Even speaking as a former Hyper Unlimited 15 record holder, I know I'm nowhere near the standard of Joe & Lloyd.
Lloyd Pettet
Rookie

Post by Lloyd Pettet »

Anyone who has been following this battle, which I assume is rather few will be interested by the latest developments. The high score has changed hands 4 times in the last three days.
James Doohan
Enthusiast

Post by James Doohan »

How much higher can this record go to? Joe has set the bar at 238 today, but does anyone know what is the highest max that was ever available in Hyper Unlimited? Well done to both Joe and Lloyd for pushing the record for this higher and higher
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

james doohan wrote:How much higher can this record go to? Joe has set the bar at 238 today, but does anyone know what is the highest max that was ever available in Hyper Unlimited? Well done to both Joe and Lloyd for pushing the record for this higher and higher
The database knows all.
James Doohan
Enthusiast

Post by James Doohan »

Wow, for some reason I thought it would be much higher but that just makes me all the more impressed, fantastic stuff