Jedward

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

What do you think of Jedward?

They're brave getting up there every night even though they can't sing
7%
I like them, they're funny
25%
I can't stand them, they're cocky and they are tone deaf
7%
Who's Jedward?
61%

Total votes: 28

Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Jedward

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

So the controversy continues, Lucie's out while John and Edward Grimes stay in on the X Factor, I like them, what about you guys?
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Re: Jedward

Post by Michael Wallace »

Having seen these names start appearing in newspapers, I went to Youtube to see what all the fuss is about. And now I know - they're awful. Seriously, seriously bad. Also, wtf is up with their hair?
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

We got seriously annoyed with the result last night - there's no way Lucie should have gone. Simon Cowell went way down in my estimation as he actually had the nerve to say that he would base his decision on the performance in the sing-off and then did nothing of the sort; and also having slagged off Jedward all these weeks, he didn't vote them out when he had the chance. I was actually on the point of calling The Xtra Factor to call him a liar and a hypocrite live on air but HWMBO pointed out that I'd had a bottle and a half of red wine and probably wasn't at my most coherent.

Of course, Cowell doesn't care - as far as he's concerned, the more controversy he creates the better.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

The rest of my family are all X-Factor addicts so I'm forced to watch, and I was outraged and shocked for about 3 seconds, and then realised I didn't actually care.
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

I'm not really fussed about X Factor this year although Emma and my brother Alex are, so I pick up enough to know who's who in this year's show. While they say the level of talent keeps rising there's nobody in this year's bunch who could rival Leona Lewis so I don't really care who wins it. However this duo John and Edward/Jedward/Jedmania have certainly found the media spotlight and while they're a bit well, hopeless, they seem to have fun with what they do which can only be a good thing. But mostly I revel in how comical it is that they piss off nearly the entire nation so much even though it's only a talent show, so I hope they stay in the competition. Jedward = win
Sue Sanders
Kiloposter

Post by Sue Sanders »

The only thing I'm vaguely aware of is their hairstyles and a lingering desire to punch them.
I can't see that X Factor (etc) will ever turn out anything the pop world hasn't already got a surfeit of.
'Wild Horses' has already been done more than adequately by the Rolly Stokers.
'This one goes up to eleven'
Fool's top.
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Eoin Monaghan wrote:So the controversy continues, Lucie's out while John and Edward Grimes stay in on the X Factor, I like them, what about you guys?
You're Irish, right?
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Alec Rivers
Devotee

Post by Alec Rivers »

Kai Laddiman wrote:You're Irish, right?
Racist.
Darren Carter
What a lot of bling

Post by Darren Carter »

I don't see what the big problem is, neither act stood a chance of winning anyway. As it happens, he has pleased more of the British public than he has pissed off, as Jedward had more votes than Lucie.
Hugh Binnie
Enthusiast

Post by Hugh Binnie »

Darren Carter wrote:I don't see what the big problem is, neither act stood a chance of winning anyway. As it happens, he has pleased more of the British public than he has pissed off, as Jedward had more votes than Lucie.
If it was a public vote out rather than vote in, I'm sure Jedward would have gone by now.
Lesley Hines
Kiloposter

Post by Lesley Hines »

Hugh Binnie wrote:
Darren Carter wrote:I don't see what the big problem is, neither act stood a chance of winning anyway. As it happens, he has pleased more of the British public than he has pissed off, as Jedward had more votes than Lucie.
If it was a public vote out rather than vote in, I'm sure Jedward would have gone by now.
Ooooooooh interesting! I love that as an idea. Big Brother meets X Factor. Hang on - we're close already:
Annoying Geordie [ ]
Most of the people utterly talentless (with the potential to throw up a gem from time to time) [ ]
All put in a house together [ ]
Overhyped [ ]
Sole purpose to grease the wheels of the media machine and line pockets [ ]

Ticks a lot of boxes for me! Does quite entertain me though.
Lowering the averages since 2009
Davy Affleck
Acolyte

Post by Davy Affleck »

I walked into my local on Sunday night. X-Factor was on one 1 TV and Live Spanish football was on the other. There was only 1 woman and about 10 guys. The sound was up on one of the TV's and some voices were getting slightly raised - and not about the football. I just shook my head and went to the snooker room. Bloody metrosexuals.
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

:o Jamie's out! The twins are through though :) .

Note: 11 people don't know who Jedward are? :o
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Eoin Monaghan wrote:Note: 11 people don't know who Jedward are? :o
Let's just call it active avoidance shall we? I've seen a picture and heard people spraffing about them. And like Corby above, I'd rather lick hedgehogs (I paraphrase).
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

I was watching the Ireland V France match in my local on Saturday night. Suddenly, waiting for the half time analysis to come on after the ads, i noticed the sound was off on the TV. I turned round to look at the big screen behind and they'd put X Factor on with the sound on just to catch the Jedward performance. This is a shebeen of an old man pub. I was one of about 4 or 5 people in there under 30. Really couldn't believe it!

What i will say is, i've never been unable to avoid an X Factor act as much as these lads before, but now that i know they're from Dublin, i'm totally rooting for them. Gwan the Jedward. Think the show is the devil though.
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Was amused to see, in last night's footage of the remaining finalists visiting their family homes this week, that Stacy somewhat appropriately comes from Dagenham East - which, as Drop the Dead Donkey fans may recall, is "four stops beyond Barking".
Alec Rivers
Devotee

Post by Alec Rivers »

lol :)
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Phil Reynolds wrote:Was amused to see, in last night's footage of the remaining finalists visiting their family homes this week, that Stacy somewhat appropriately comes from Dagenham East - which, as Drop the Dead Donkey fans may recall, is "four stops beyond Barking".
Dagenham East is my nearest tube! Yay!
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

No!!! They're out! :o :( :evil:
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Eoin Monaghan wrote:No!!! They're out! :o :( :evil:
Someone was just telling me that Jews(dard) had been voted out. Makes me ashamed to be part of such a racist society. :roll:
Alec Rivers
Devotee

Post by Alec Rivers »

Eoin Monaghan wrote:No!!! They're out! :o :( :evil:
I thought they came out ages ago! :D
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

Eoin Monaghan wrote:Note: 11 people don't know who Jedward are? :o
There's a picture of them here.
Living life in a gyratory circus kind of way.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

I caught a glimpse of yesterday's Sun and the headline was something like "Jews(dard) Jews(dead)" which was quite amusing.

When Edward Woodwood died it must have been "Deadwood Woodward" or Edward Deadwood - which is better?

Edit - I think it was actually "Jedward Deadwood"
Last edited by Gavin Chipper on Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Jon O'Neill wrote:
Phil Reynolds wrote:Was amused to see, in last night's footage of the remaining finalists visiting their family homes this week, that Stacy somewhat appropriately comes from Dagenham East - which, as Drop the Dead Donkey fans may recall, is "four stops beyond Barking".
Dagenham East is my nearest tube! Yay!
You know you don't live in Essex when:

You have a local tube station. ;)
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Gavin Chipper wrote:I caught a glimpse of yesterday's Sun and the headline was something like "Jews(dard) Jews(dead)" which was quite amusing.

When Edward Woodwood died it must have been "Deadwood Woodward" or Edward Deadwood - which is better?

Edit - I think it was actually "Jedward Deadwood"
It seems ITN are actually calling them Jeward now :)
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

I've just seen this on a Yahoo comments page, on the subject of them possibly going into that other reality show about a jungle:
  • "for god sake, i pay for tv licenceto watch these 2 lads make more idiotic, laughable idiots make money where charities are begging for every penny well done lads, loui and tv execs JOKE comes to mind".
One of the reasons c4c works is because we don't have anybody who writes like that on here.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

It's a good point though.
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Derek Hazell wrote:I've just seen this on a Yahoo comments page, on the subject of them possibly going into that other reality show about a jungle:
  • "for god sake, i pay for tv licenceto watch these 2 lads make more idiotic, laughable idiots make money where charities are begging for every penny well done lads, loui and tv execs JOKE comes to mind".
One of the reasons c4c works is because we don't have anybody who writes like that on here.
yh i agree i cant belive ppl r so unedcated dey cant tawk onlin
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

Kai Laddiman wrote:yh i agree i cant belive ppl r so unedcated dey cant tawk onlin
:D :D