Runner 'Been: He's only gone and done it

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Runner 'Been: He's only gone and done it

Post by Charlie Reams »

Since Junaid has been too modest or too knackered to post it here, I thought I'd bring to your attention that (as promised in the earlier topic) our own runner 'Been completed the Birmingham half-marathon yesterday in an excellent PB time of 98 minutes and 12 seconds. Woo!

If you, like me, feel like rewarding the months of hard work that went into this awesome time, I suggest heading over to his Just Giving page and making a contribution to his chosen charity. It's considerably easier than running 13.1 miles yourself.
Ian Dent
Devotee

Re: Runner 'Been: He's only gone and done it

Post by Ian Dent »

That is a superb time Junaid. Well done.
Paul Howe
Kiloposter

Post by Paul Howe »

Awesome stuff, congratulations! 98mins sounds pretty rapid to me.
Junaid Mubeen
Series 59 Champion

Post by Junaid Mubeen »

Thanks a lot guys, I was gonna plug this today but Charlie beat me to it. I was mightily relieved to get through to the end as I had some major knee concerns in the last week (missing CoLei as a precaution - well done Jono btw, sounds like it was awesome), but fortunately it all worked out brilliantly. I'm still in shock at the time; I was thinking 1hr 45 as an optimistic target so to break 1hr 40 was a thrill. I underestimated how much the atmosphere and adrenaline can up your performance. A fantastic event; I definitely reccommend long distance racing to everyone!

Thanks so much to everyone who's donated already, it is really appreciated :) The situation in the Swat Region is getting more desperate every day so your contributions are much needed!
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Post by David O'Donnell »

Fuck! Took me 2 hours but then I am a fatty and smoke.
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

Wonderful, Junaid!
Phil Makepeace
Acolyte

Post by Phil Makepeace »

Junaid, that's ace. :) Now just watch the weight pile on... I put on over a stone in the month following my half-marathon last year.
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Having physically exhausted myself in a mystery activity yesterday I have a new found respect for Junaid and his remarkable achievement. Congrats :) If I had money I'd donate, but I don't right now, so I can't, but you can consider your next co-event entry money on me (unless it's at a palace or something) and make a donation on my behalf :)