Numbers Attack Tournament - Round 2

Official forum of apterous.org, the website which allows you to play against other people over the Internet.
Sue Sanders
Kiloposter

Re: Numbers Attack Tournament - Round 2

Post by Sue Sanders »

Phil Reynolds wrote:
Haha. You suck.
Phil'll be on about glass number eight now, so we can expect random outbursts from him, heavy with double entendre, for the next couple of hours, until he falls into a slumber induced by twirling a moustache so luxuriant that it can only live in his imagination
'This one goes up to eleven'
Fool's top.
Julie Russell

Post by Julie Russell »

Gregor Morgan 128 - 127 Julie Russell

http://www.apterous.org/viewgame.php?game=124744

Excellent game. Well played Greg
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Sue Sanders wrote:Phil'll be on about glass number eight now, so we can expect random outbursts from him, heavy with double entendre, for the next couple of hours, until he falls into a slumber induced by twirling a moustache so luxuriant that it can only live in his imagination
Marvellous post Sue. :D

In fact, after about a bottle and a half of red wine, a gin and tonic and a limoncello (oh, and an excellent Italian meal), I'm now looking at the remains of a port and brandy while HWMBO has just yawned theatrically and disappeared upstairs. Which, I take it, is my cue to follow. So no more posts from me tonight. 8-)
James Hurrell
Acolyte

Post by James Hurrell »

Close game between myself and Hulme of a pretty decent standard.

James Hurrell 180-170 Andrew Hulme
Last edited by James Hurrell on Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:13 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

James Hurrell wrote:James Hurrell 180-170 Andrew Hulme

Close game between myself and Hulme of a pretty decent standard

(don't know how to do the changing the name of the link to the names and score)

http://apterous.org/viewgame.php?key=224561060920255655
Press the url button and then square brackets come up:

In the first square bracket change the [url] to [url = http://www.blablabla.com] (with no spaces) and in the middle between the two type your message like click here.
Darren Carter
What a lot of bling

Post by Darren Carter »

Niall Seymour 147-158 Darren Carter

Close game in which Niall was unlucky as on Round 19, he got the target just after the clock ran out which would have completely changed the result.
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

I've tired contacting Dod to arrange a time, but have not had a response yet. As i am not available tomorrow or saturday, im starting to worry if we will get our game done on time or not.
John Gillies
Acolyte

Post by John Gillies »

Does anyone know James Hall. I'm having trouble organising my 2nd round game with him - he hasn't responded to my message or email.
I'd really like to play as I was awarded my 1st round tie due to the non-appearance of my opponent. So where are all these guys? I can't believe they're scared to play me, cos I'm pish.
:roll:
James Hurrell
Acolyte

Post by James Hurrell »

Kirk Bevins wrote:
James Hurrell wrote:James Hurrell 180-170 Andrew Hulme

Close game between myself and Hulme of a pretty decent standard

(don't know how to do the changing the name of the link to the names and score)

http://apterous.org/viewgame.php?key=224561060920255655
Press the url button and then square brackets come up:

In the first square bracket change the [url] to [url = http://www.blablabla.com] (with no spaces) and in the middle between the two type your message like click here.
Woohoo! Thanks Kirk - I got there in the end - message edited
Phil Collinge
Acolyte

Post by Phil Collinge »

Division B

Clive Brooker 162-136 Phil Collinge

Well played Clive.
Last edited by Phil Collinge on Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clive Brooker
Devotee

Post by Clive Brooker »

Phil Collinge wrote:Clive Brooker 162-136 Phil Collinge

Well played Clive.
Thanks Phil. Could easily have gone either way.

(Division B)
Last edited by Clive Brooker on Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

To save Charlie saying it (whether he was planning to or not), you guys aren't posting which division your matches in. Give the guy a hand.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Matt Morrison wrote:To save Charlie saying it (whether he was planning to or not), you guys aren't posting which division your matches in. Give the guy a hand.
Surely we don't need to post them here anyway as apterous now automates the service.
Clive Brooker
Devotee

Post by Clive Brooker »

Kirk Bevins wrote:
Matt Morrison wrote:To save Charlie saying it (whether he was planning to or not), you guys aren't posting which division your matches in. Give the guy a hand.
Surely we don't need to post them here anyway as apterous now automates the service.
That's what I'd assumed, but I agree there's no reason not to say it here anyway.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Kirk Bevins wrote:
Yeah I've got no idea, maybe Kirk. Why are people posting results at all then? I've got no idea how much is automated, all I know is that Charlie asked people to post full information so was just a helpful reminder. Besides, a couple of people have mentioned how they completed games with their own invites (as opposed to the automated tournament invitations) so I very much they get reported at all, let alone fully.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Clive Brooker wrote:
Kirk Bevins wrote:
That's what I'd assumed, but I agree there's no reason not to say it here anyway.
I suppose it makes sense to mention it, but surely if Charlie needed this hand, he would have mentioned it long ago.
Darren Carter
What a lot of bling

Post by Darren Carter »

Matt Morrison wrote:
Kirk Bevins wrote:
Yeah I've got no idea, maybe Kirk. Why are people posting results at all then? I've got no idea how much is automated, all I know is that Charlie asked people to post full information so was just a helpful reminder. Besides, a couple of people have mentioned how they completed games with their own invites (as opposed to the automated tournament invitations) so I very much they get reported at all, let alone fully.
In the previous Numbers Attack Tournament thread:

"Feel free to post in here anyway, should you so wish, since it's good for discussion."
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Kirk Bevins wrote:
I suppose it makes sense to mention it, but surely if Charlie needed this hand, he would have mentioned it long ago.
Yeah, he did. But typically I can't find the post now. It must have been on an MSN conversation....
Darren Carter wrote:"Feel free to post in here anyway, should you so wish, since it's good for discussion."
...not that it matters any more :)
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Okay, the official line is:-

If you play your Tournament Game as offered in blue on the site, you don't need to post here. You are welcome to post here in any way you see fit, because it might be interesting, but it's not obligatory.

If you do not play your game as an actual Tournament Game, either because there is some bug or because you just forget, please do post here, or I obviously have no way of knowing which game is the intended "official" one. It's helpful if you remind me of the division in which the game is played; everything else I can infer from a link to the apterous recap.

Hope that helps.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Matt Morrison wrote:
Kirk Bevins wrote:
I noticed that Jono's game said it was in the Numbers Attack Tournament after I'd played my game, and wondered how it knew. Did I miss something or did these automated tournament invitations come in after I'd played?
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Jon Corby wrote:I noticed that Jono's game said it was in the Numbers Attack Tournament after I'd played my game, and wondered how it knew. Did I miss something or did these automated tournament invitations come in after I'd played?
Yeah, I think they came in after or mid-way through the first round. I had absolutely no idea what they were, I signed in to meet Feisty for my Round 2 game, saw an invite there and honestly thought "Jesus Feisty you're keen, I've barely even logged in and you've already invited me"... cue us both confusedly accepting the invite and lots of "aaah this is awkward, I'm already in a game" from him :)
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Matt Morrison wrote:
Jon Corby wrote:I noticed that Jono's game said it was in the Numbers Attack Tournament after I'd played my game, and wondered how it knew. Did I miss something or did these automated tournament invitations come in after I'd played?
Yeah, I think they came in after or mid-way through the first round. I had absolutely no idea what they were, I signed in to meet Feisty for my Round 2 game, saw an invite there and honestly thought "Jesus Feisty you're keen, I've barely even logged in and you've already invited me"... cue us both confusedly accepting the invite and lots of "aaah this is awkward, I'm already in a game" from him :)
Oh right. I don't recall seeing one at all for my second round game.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

Michael Wallace 136 - 150 Nick Wainwright

(Obviously I don't need to put the division because I'm so awesome)

Bit of a weird game, I enjoyed our opening of picking 1 large to see who would slip up first, and was pretty shocked to be 19 in front at the end of round 9. (fun fact: in round 6 I actually had 940, but only realised this after the timer had gone and I was waiting for Nick to put in his answer, during this time I managed to quickly work out a way to 937 just in case (I hope this isn't cheating :()). Then a string of utterly shocking misses from me destroyed me. Fun game,t hough.
Andrew Herbertson
Rookie

Post by Andrew Herbertson »

I'm supposed to be playing young mr buggin but he doesn't seem to be around . Have sent him a message so we'll wait and see. Understandable really being the latest octo champ he'll be busy with the endless rounds of nightclub personal apperances supermarket openings and everything else that comes with it.
Alec Rivers
Devotee

Post by Alec Rivers »

Will any unused blue tournament challenges be removed before the start of the next round?
Hugh Binnie
Enthusiast

Post by Hugh Binnie »

Phil and I have just played our game in division 2: Hugh Binnie 162 - 121 Phil Reynolds.
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

Andrew Herbertson wrote:I'm supposed to be playing young mr buggin but he doesn't seem to be around . Have sent him a message so we'll wait and see. Understandable really being the latest octo champ he'll be busy with the endless rounds of nightclub personal apperances supermarket openings and everything else that comes with it.
:) Not to mention, it's Freshers' Week.
Living life in a gyratory circus kind of way.
Innis Carson
Devotee

Post by Innis Carson »

Me 174-171 Kai

Really tense game here, I (once again) just pipped him by a few points. If I remember right, he misclicked one of the earlier rounds which sadly seems to have cost him the game. Unlucky mate.
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Dinos Sfyris 148 - 145 Phil Makepeace Twas a battle of 6 small vs 4 large and Phil was probably superior but nerves caused a misclick on rd 19!

Cheers for the game mate :)
J.Levison
Rookie

Post by J.Levison »

Supee Juachan 101 - 111 James Levison

A pretty poor game all round relly, low scoring and needing three tie breakers to split us.
Chris Maudsley

Post by Chris Maudsley »

Chris Maudsley 188 - 171 Kirk Bevins

Since it hasn't been posted on this thread, I thought I might do so.

http://apterous.org/viewgame.php?game=124634

A great game, we both came up with some great solutions.
Julie T
Kiloposter

Post by Julie T »

Sarah White and I are having a fair bit of trouble meeting up to do our game. She's a very busy lady, and hasn't managed to get onto apterous for her last 2 suggested times.

As I'm going out tonight, and to CoLei tomorrow, our next chance of meeting is after 5pm on Sunday, as she is working during the day. Hopefully that will not be too late for the cut off point.
"My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me." Benjamin Disraeli
Oliver Garner
Series 62 Champion

Post by Oliver Garner »

Oliver Garner 177-151 Shaun Hegarty
Very good game - I was a tad fortunate as Shaun misclicked on round 13 and I found the solutions right at the end in rounds 15 and 16.
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

Quoted from the Round 1 thread:
John Gillies wrote:Sorry Charlie I haven't been able to play Jay Murphy. Have tried contacting him to no avail. Haven't seen him on the site all week either. Now I'm off out to see the mighty King Khan & The Shrines, so there's no chance of playing it tonight should he suddenly appear.
One of his mates posted and said he didn't have internet access, which begs the question "Why did he enter?"
I'm having the same problem this week. I PMd Jay him last Sunday evening within minutes of the draw being made, and that PM is still unread. I will keep looking out for him though, but I'm not hopeful.
James Hall
Acolyte

Post by James Hall »

__
James Doohan
Enthusiast

Post by James Doohan »

Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

james doohan wrote:James Doohan 1-0 Kieran Child
That's a pretty impressive score for a numbers attack.
Alec Rivers
Devotee

Post by Alec Rivers »

Alec Rivers wrote:Division B

I forgot to use the blue tournament challenge, sorry. My game with Peter Lee ended 161-154 in my favour, although it could have gone either way.

Thanks again to Peter for an enjoyable game that remained tight throughout. ;)
This result isn't showing on the results page, or am I looking in the wrong place?
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Alec Rivers wrote:
Alec Rivers wrote:Division B

I forgot to use the blue tournament challenge, sorry. My game with Peter Lee ended 161-154 in my favour, although it could have gone either way.

Thanks again to Peter for an enjoyable game that remained tight throughout. ;)
This result isn't showing on the results page, or am I looking in the wrong place?
It's not showing there because you forgot to use the blue tournament challenge as you pointed out.
Alec Rivers
Devotee

Post by Alec Rivers »

Kirk Bevins wrote:It's not showing there because you forgot to use the blue tournament challenge as you pointed out.
Oh, okay. I thought maybe Charlie was adding scores manually in cases like this. As long as he knows the game was played, that's all that matters. ;)
Julie T
Kiloposter

Post by Julie T »

Sarah and I managed to fit in our game. We did it through the tourney thingy, but here's the score anyway:

Julie Taylor 141 - 90 Sarah White

http://www.apterous.org/viewgame.php?game=126198

Sarah was rather tired, and not altogether well, but was keen to fit in our game before the deadline.
I feel a bit of a fraud in winning, as I wasn't exactly brilliant myself, but that's the way it goes sometimes, I suppose.
"My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me." Benjamin Disraeli
peter lee
Rookie

Post by peter lee »

Division B

I forgot to use the blue tournament challenge, sorry. My game with Alec Rivers ended 161-154 in Alec Rivers favour, although it could have gone either way.

Thanks again to Alec for an enjoyable game that remained tight throughout. ;)
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

I arranged to play david today, and as of yet, he has not been online (afaik).
Andrew Herbertson
Rookie

Post by Andrew Herbertson »

I have had no communication with young Jeff sadly,was looking forward to the game.
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

Howard Somerset wrote:I PMd Jay him last Sunday evening within minutes of the draw being made, and that PM is still unread. I will keep looking out for him though, but I'm not hopeful.
Still no sign of Jay, with only about an hour and a half to go.
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

Jack Hurst 168-154 Dod

David played well, and used his mega 4 large skills to good effect, I managed to sneak a couple of 6 small past him. The last 5 or so rounds were all quite easy, so it scuppered Daves chance of catching up toward the end.