Words that are never the best

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Roger Jones

Words that are never the best

Post by Roger Jones »

Hello Countdowners!

I remember stumbling across a webpage a while back that game a list of words in Countdown which (due to the necessity of picking three vowels if I recall) could always be bettered.

I have had no luck in being to relocate this webpage though, neither through googling nor searching these forums. Perhaps I'm searching for the wrong terms, but anyhow, does anyone have a clue what I'm talking about and perhaps a link to the site or list of words?

Thanks all :D
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Re: Words that are never the best

Post by Matt Morrison »

Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Roger Jones

Post by Roger Jones »

Thanks guys, much appreciated.
Karen Pearson
Devotee

Post by Karen Pearson »

And if yesterday's contestant had learnt the 'STRIPED' stem, they'd have got DIOPTRES and SPIRITED for 8. Well worth a bit of homework for an 8 point advantage.
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

Talking of picking vowels, I remember one game a couple of years back where they only had 2 vowels in one of the rounds, I was very excited about this at the time. Anyone remember it? Anyone got linkage?
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Post by David O'Donnell »

JackHurst wrote:Talking of picking vowels, I remember one game a couple of years back where they only had 2 vowels in one of the rounds, I was very excited about this at the time. Anyone remember it? Anyone got linkage?
Can't access apterous at work but there was one of Paddy Izod's games had a 2 vowel selection.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

David O'Donnell wrote:
JackHurst wrote:Talking of picking vowels, I remember one game a couple of years back where they only had 2 vowels in one of the rounds, I was very excited about this at the time. Anyone remember it? Anyone got linkage?
Can't access apterous at work but there was one of Paddy Izod's games had a 2 vowel selection.
http://wiki.apterous.org/Episode_4287