Who's going to the finals?

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Who's going to the finals?

Post by Charlie Reams »

Ben and I got our tickets today from the lovely new ticketrix, Saralee, although apparently there are very few left. Anyone else making the trip?
Andrew Hulme
Acolyte

Re: Who's going to the finals?

Post by Andrew Hulme »

Yes
Jeffrey Burgin
Acolyte

Post by Jeffrey Burgin »

Assuming there aren't another 5 Octochamps (and they'd all defo get in unless they get ONE OF THE WORST OCTOTOTALS IN COUNTDOWN HISTORY) then my mum and my ickle brother will be making the trip with me.

I'm offering 1/1000 that James Robinson is going.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

I should be going but haven't got tickets yet.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

The 'Ben' in the OP refers to yours truly and not to messrs Hunter, Pugh, Sisko or any other Ben (besides those others that might be going), so yes. :) Anyone got any dates for them yet?
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Ben Wilson wrote:The 'Ben' in the OP refers to yours truly and not to messrs Hunter, Pugh, Sisko or any other Ben (besides those others that might be going), so yes. :) Anyone got any dates for them yet?
The finals are November 17th & 18th and like Kirk, I'm not actually sure if I'm going yet. I've was put on the waiting list a good while ago, but have heard nothing since.
Richard Priest
Devotee

Post by Richard Priest »

Ben Wilson wrote:Anyone got any dates for them yet?
Dinos, Howard and I are going.17th-18th November, so I'm told :)
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

James Robinson wrote:I was put on the waiting list a good while ago
Rich Priest wrote:Dinos, Howard and I are going.
Is it time to put that picture up AGAIN?
Living life in a gyratory circus kind of way.
Junaid Mubeen
Series 59 Champion

Post by Junaid Mubeen »

Just managed to worm my way in for the 18th :)
Ian Fitzpatrick
Devotee

Post by Ian Fitzpatrick »

I hope we get some good audience pictures then.
I thought I was good at Countdown until I joined this forum
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

Charlie Reams wrote:Ben and I got our tickets today from the lovely new ticketrix, Saralee, although apparently there are very few left. Anyone else making the trip?
I received an email a couple of weeks ago telling me that I was booked in with four tickets. Will I physically receive tickets, or just need to give them my name and details when I show up in Manchester? I assume its the first, but I am partly retarded, so who knows.

The excitation is building :D
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

JackHurst wrote:
Charlie Reams wrote:Ben and I got our tickets today from the lovely new ticketrix, Saralee, although apparently there are very few left. Anyone else making the trip?
I received an email a couple of weeks ago telling me that I was booked in with four tickets. Will I physically receive tickets, or just need to give them my name and details when I show up in Manchester? I assume its the first, but I am partly retarded, so who knows.

The excitation is building :D
You'll get them physically, along with a map etc, a few weeks before the recording.
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

Charlie Reams wrote: You'll get them physically, along with a map etc, a few weeks before the recording.
Yay.

Are you going to both days or just the second?
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

JackHurst wrote:
Charlie Reams wrote: You'll get them physically, along with a map etc, a few weeks before the recording.
Yay.

Just the second, although probably going to get a hotel room that night for maximum partyage.
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

Charlie Reams wrote:
JackHurst wrote:
Yay.

Just the second, although probably going to get a hotel room that night for maximum partyage.
Save your money, sleeping outside of town halls is the way to go.
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

Rich Priest wrote: Dinos, Howard and I are going.17th-18th November, so I'm told :)
Good to hear that, Rich. Who's got the tickets? From what you're saying it looks as if you haven't. And I certainly haven't; I didn't even know the dates until I ready your post just now. Let's hope Dinos has got them. :)
Richard Priest
Devotee

Post by Richard Priest »

Howard Somerset wrote:
Rich Priest wrote: Dinos, Howard and I are going.17th-18th November, so I'm told :)
Good to hear that, Rich. Who's got the tickets? From what you're saying it looks as if you haven't. And I certainly haven't; I didn't even know the dates until I ready your post just now. Let's hope Dinos has got them. :)
I've received email confirmation, Howard.The tickets and a map (not that we'll need it!!) will be sent out to me 3 weeks before the recordings.
Douglas Wilson
Enthusiast

Post by Douglas Wilson »

James Robinson wrote:
Ben Wilson wrote:The 'Ben' in the OP refers to yours truly and not to messrs Hunter, Pugh, Sisko or any other Ben (besides those others that might be going), so yes. :) Anyone got any dates for them yet?
The finals are November 17th & 18th and like Kirk, I'm not actually sure if I'm going yet. I've was put on the waiting list a good while ago, but have heard nothing since.
Surely that's like a football fan going to almost every game of the regular, but missing out a ticket to the Wembley Playoff final?
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

Well, i've decided to take a day out in Manchester. I think my mother might come along too (she's hoping to do a tour of corrie!). So, hopefully i'll get to meet some of you and i'm really looking forward to it.
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

aw tits they're finished. She'll be gutted!
Sue Sanders
Kiloposter

Post by Sue Sanders »

Are any of the girls going to the finals - for possible room sharing potential??
'This one goes up to eleven'
Fool's top.
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

Sue Sanders wrote:Are any of the girls going to the finals - for possible room sharing potential??
You can share a room with James Robinson.
Sue Sanders
Kiloposter

Post by Sue Sanders »

JackHurst wrote:
Sue Sanders wrote:Are any of the girls going to the finals - for possible room sharing potential??
You can share a room with James Robinson.
Does anyone want my ticket?

(that offer's only for comic effect)
Fool's top.
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

You can share a room with my Mam Sue! Seems my friend Samir is interested in coming along too, so i might have to see if there are any more tickets left. I haven't booked a place to stay yet. Now that my Mam is coming, i'll wait and see what she wants to do, as she'd definitely like more comfort than a hostel, which would have been my automatic choice. If anyone wants to recommend a good convenient place feel free, as the last time i was in Manchester was in 1998 when i was 18.
Sue Sanders
Kiloposter

Post by Sue Sanders »

Andy Wilson wrote:You can share a room with my Mam Sue! Seems my friend Samir is interested in coming along too, so i might have to see if there are any more tickets left. I haven't booked a place to stay yet. Now that my Mam is coming, i'll wait and see what she wants to do, as she'd definitely like more comfort than a hostel, which would have been my automatic choice. If anyone wants to recommend a good convenient place feel free, as the last time i was in Manchester was in 1998 when i was 18.
Well, Dinos endearingly made reference to the 'Contestants' Hotel Proper' last night - where I think there is a move towards staying, for the apres-piste activities. I'll prod him for more information! Our tickets are for the Wednesday and I believe Tuesday night is earmarked for revelry so Tuesday night is the one that I want the hotel room for.
Fool's top.
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

Ill be around on tuesday night, but not Wednesday. If there are going to be a few around on the Tuesday night, I was thinking curry mile. :D
Sue Sanders
Kiloposter

Post by Sue Sanders »

JackHurst wrote:Ill be around on tuesday night, but not Wednesday. If there are going to be a few around on the Tuesday night, I was thinking curry mile. :D
Always up for a curry!
Fool's top.
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

Nice. I'll be in Dublin on Tuesday night. Would have gone over but got important college stuff on. Don't think my mam would be up for a curry anyway so just as well! So what's the craic for Wednesday. Will i get to meet some of ye?
Sue Sanders
Kiloposter

Post by Sue Sanders »

Derek and I will drive up on the Tues evening - though may not arrive til 8 - 9pm ish. The Manchester Youth Hostel appears to be fairly central - maybe 10 mins walk from the studio. They have single sex dorms for £18 a night per person and 4 share with an en-suite for £78 per room. Having done the whole backpacking/mixed dorm hostelling thing whilst travelling, I'm easy (oh err) So how would the youth hostel, or something similarly low budget sound to other people?
Fool's top.
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

Pity now, sounds like Tuesdays gona be good craic, but no can do. I've no problem with hostels, but like i said, the ma will probably want something a little more comfortable, so i'll wait til i get a chance to chat to her. She's probably aleady found somewhere knowing her. So who is gonna be around on Wednesday night for a jar?
Sue Sanders
Kiloposter

Post by Sue Sanders »

Andy Wilson wrote:Pity now, sounds like Tuesdays gona be good craic, but no can do. I've no problem with hostels, but like i said, the ma will probably want something a little more comfortable, so i'll wait til i get a chance to chat to her. She's probably aleady found somewhere knowing her. So who is gonna be around on Wednesday night for a jar?
Derek and me probably - Dinos, Howard and Richard too maybe. And those who are actually playing, of course. Worth putting the call out to those who are within striking distance but haven't got tickets to just come along for the evening craic.
Fool's top.
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

Does anybody know if there are tickets still remaining? Because I would like to book more for my mate if theres any left,

Cheers.
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

Well, it can't hurt to call.
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

I got my tickets the other day. Whoooo.
Now I just need to justify having a day off school to watch countdown :D
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

JackHurst wrote:I got my tickets the other day. Whoooo.
I think you've answered your own question there. Surely watching Countdown is justification for having a day off school? :)
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

Matt Morrison wrote:
JackHurst wrote:I got my tickets the other day. Whoooo.
I think you've answered your own question there. Surely watching Countdown is justification for having a day off school? :)
For me it is. But I don't think it is for the people who dish out EMA :(

Is anyone else up for the idea of a mega countdown curry, or will it just be me and Sue?
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

JackHurst wrote:Is anyone else up for the idea of a mega countdown curry, or will it just be me and Sue?
Well, BoxPizza would be a bit of a long walk . . .
Living life in a gyratory circus kind of way.
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

Well, i got my tix today (enclosed with a letter on countdown letterhead... i feel so special), and, i found out that the important college day is now the following Tuesday, so for an extra €25 i can fly direct (flight times meant i had to plan my assault via Dublin from Cork) and be there for the Tuesday night shenanigans. I'll sleep on it. Luckily my course director has been a fan of the show from day one and was delighted when i told him i'd be missing for a couple of days and why :)

I'm trying to play down my excitement, though i'm finding it difficult to hold a general conversation without bringing up countdown. I really need a girlfriend. Who likes countdown.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Andy Wilson wrote: I really need a girlfriend. Who likes countdown.
Is there a "smug" emoticon?
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Charlie Reams wrote:
I think your display picture has it covered, although that's not unique to this post. Then again, nor is your smugness.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Jon O'Neill wrote:
Charlie Reams wrote:
I think your display picture has it covered, although that's not unique to this post. Then again, nor is your smugness.
:lol: ^ O'Neill... wins!
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Charlie Reams wrote: :lol: ^ O'Neill... wins!
try as I might, I just can't envisage you doing a Shao Kahn impersonation.
Lesley Hines
Kiloposter

Post by Lesley Hines »

Anyone know if there are any tickets left? I went recently and had the most fantastic time. Sue - I'd be up for room sharing if we could get the right dates. I'd love to see the finals in action :)
Lowering the averages since 2009
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Lesley Hines wrote:Anyone know if there are any tickets left? I went recently and had the most fantastic time. Sue - I'd be up for room sharing if we could get the right dates. I'd love to see the finals in action :)
It's fully booked, but you can ask to be put on the "waiting list" in case some people drop out.
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Lesley Hines wrote:Anyone know if there are any tickets left? I went recently and had the most fantastic time. Sue - I'd be up for room sharing if we could get the right dates. I'd love to see the finals in action :)
It's fully booked, but you can ask to be put on the "waiting list" in case some people drop out.
For the right price Lesley I can see to it that certain forum members end up 'dropping out' 8-) .
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Not that Brian guy.
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

Charlie Reams wrote:It's fully booked, but you can ask to be put on the "waiting list" in case some people drop out.
I phoned this morning, enquiring about other dates, and was told that there are still places for the afternoon of the 18th, (2 semis and the final), but all tickets gone for 18th morning, and 17th.
Julie T
Kiloposter

Post by Julie T »

Howard Somerset wrote:
Charlie Reams wrote:It's fully booked, but you can ask to be put on the "waiting list" in case some people drop out.
I phoned this morning, enquiring about other dates, and was told that there are still places for the afternoon of the 18th, (2 semis and the final), but all tickets gone for 18th morning, and 17th.
That's strange! I've just been offered tickets for the morning sessions of 17th and 18th, but not the afternoon! :?
"My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me." Benjamin Disraeli
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

It sounds like there must be a certain amount of "flux" as people drop out.
Lesley Hines
Kiloposter

Post by Lesley Hines »

Ben Hunter wrote:For the right price Lesley I can see to it that certain forum members end up 'dropping out' 8-) .
:lol: PM me... :lol:

They're booked out :( They've still got tickets for Wednesday morning, but I can't make it up there in time for that.

Still, everyone have a fantastic time and very best of luck to all the finalists :D
Lowering the averages since 2009
Sue Sanders
Kiloposter

Post by Sue Sanders »

Shame, it looks like Lesley can't make it now - unless someone selflessly offers her a ticket. Are any lone females - forumites or otherwise going, up for room sharing??? Cos if not, I'm gonna have to force myself on the boys. Still, play to your strengths, I say. ;)
Fool's top.
Chris Corby
Devotee

Post by Chris Corby »

Sue Sanders wrote:
JackHurst wrote:Ill be around on tuesday night, but not Wednesday. If there are going to be a few around on the Tuesday night, I was thinking curry mile. :D
Always up for a curry!
Do you prefer a Chinese or Indian, Sue?
Sue Sanders
Kiloposter

Post by Sue Sanders »

Chris Corby wrote:
Sue Sanders wrote:
Always up for a curry!
Do you prefer a Chinese or Indian, Sue?
Whichever has the biggest portion.

(I assume you're looking for a feedline for a knob gag :twisted: Reputations must stay intact! )

But really, I'm easy.

Doh.
Fool's top.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Sue Sanders wrote:Whichever has the biggest portion.

(I assume you're looking for a feedline for a knob gag :twisted: Reputations must stay intact! )

But really, I'm easy.

Doh.
I assumed my father was simply amused by the juxtaposition of 'Indian' and 'Sue' (Sioux).

Charlie Reams wrote:You're not able to understand jokes which are not about penises. We get it.
*whistles*
Richard Priest
Devotee

Post by Richard Priest »

Does anyone fancy rooming with me and Dinos on the night of the 17th? Room cost would be £36.First come first served.
Sue Sanders
Kiloposter

Post by Sue Sanders »

Jon Corby wrote:
Sue Sanders wrote:Whichever has the biggest portion.

But really, I'm easy.

Doh.
I assumed my father was simply amused by the juxtaposition of 'Indian' and 'Sue' (Sioux).

Charlie Reams wrote:You're not able to understand jokes which are not about penises. We get it.
*whistles*

My reference to knob gags was made as a response to Charlie's comment, I'll have you know, young man.
Fool's top.
Sue Sanders
Kiloposter

Post by Sue Sanders »

For update -see 'Manchester' in off-topic.
Fool's top.
Josh Hurst
Enthusiast

Post by Josh Hurst »

I can't wait for Wednesday!!! I'm up for a bash on Tuesday night too. Anyone fancy going out in Fallowfield? It's student haven, lots of horrible girls to leer at.... Andy. Not sure that any of them would like countdown though. The majority of them wear UGG boots (eeeuuurrrggghh). Bring your Mother too. I'm sure she'll love it. ;) Failing that, I'm happy to go with the flow and just go to some bars in town, which would be much closer to your hotels. :(
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

Hah. Well, i've actually just met a girl who doesn't particularly like countdown but thinks it's cute that i do, so we'll see how that goes for now, but besides that, i don't like horrible girls leering at me! I'm not coming over til Weds though, so, see you then! Up for watching the Ireland match?
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

Any spare tickets or owt? Just realised I wouldn't mind coming after all, but I realise it's pretty late in the day to be asking.