Spoilers For Friday September 25th 2009

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

D Eadie
Devotee

Re: Spoilers For Friday September 25th 2009

Post by D Eadie »

Rosemary Roberts wrote:
Charlie Reams wrote:
Darren Carter wrote:And no matter what Jeff says, don't try to chat up girls at Oxford with "I'm a Countdown Octochamp don't you know...." ;)
This works on Cambridge girls, I can assure you.
It would be an awful lot of commuting, though,
Carbon fuckprint?
Jeffrey Burgin
Acolyte

Post by Jeffrey Burgin »

Kai Laddiman wrote:
Matt Morrison wrote: I was the switchboard operator who connected the phone call.
I was your mom on the other end of the call.
You were Matt Morrison's mum on the other end of the phone call?

I told you, it was meant to be a secret affair...
Alec Rivers
Devotee

Post by Alec Rivers »

Charlie Reams wrote:Phil is correct.
Does that mean "What does everyone else think?" was sarcasm? Sorry I didn't get it. I have Asperger's.
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

Well done Jeffrey. Let the clunge commence :twisted:
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Alec Rivers wrote:
Charlie Reams wrote:Phil is correct.
Does that mean "What does everyone else think?" was sarcasm? Sorry I didn't get it. I have Asperger's.
Yeah kinda. I really just reordered the words in Damian's post, which was already the answer to the your question. I was trying to be amusing but I think that frog has been categorically dissected now.
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Post by David O'Donnell »

I only caught your final game (because work has been overwhelming at the mo), Jeffrey, but I must admit the manner in which you conducted yourself was A1. You came across really well, looked like you were enjoying yourself and all while becoming an octochamp at the same time - great achievement!

I am really looking forward to these finals!

I think Damian was slightly taking the Michael when he posted about your total score etc. I thought he was lampooning the type of pissy posts we tend to get on this forum rather than having a genuine dig at you.
Jeffrey Burgin
Acolyte

Post by Jeffrey Burgin »

David O'Donnell wrote:I think Damian was slightly taking the Michael when he posted about your total score etc. I thought he was lampooning the type of pissy posts we tend to get on this forum rather than having a genuine dig at you.
I know he was, when discussing the whole BEREAVING/BEAVERING incident I brought the matter up that the extra 10 points would be enough to lift me from 2nd worst to 3rd worst of all time as a joke, which he then told me to forget about, as further reflected below.
D Eadie wrote:On a more serious note, many congratulations Jeff. Let nothing detract from your achievement and thanks for making a splendid contribution to the programme.
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Post by David O'Donnell »

Ah, my mistake. Thought you were responding to Damian's post but it was actually James Robinson's.
Daniel H

Post by Daniel H »

I'm sure you've heard this a million times before, but you look like Tim Cahill.

I have nothing of note to add, though. Sorry. :oops:
Jeffrey Burgin
Acolyte

Post by Jeffrey Burgin »

Daniel H wrote:I'm sure you've heard this a million times before, but you look like Tim Cahill.

I have nothing of note to add, though. Sorry. :oops:
I've actually only heard it twice- once from Colin Murray, and once from some girl from Liverpool who added me a few shows into my run. ;) :P
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

Jeffrey Burgin wrote:I've actually only heard it twice- once from Colin Murray, and once from some girl from Liverpool who added me a few shows into my run. ;) :P
The target: Facebook Fanny Frenzy

The solution: Jeffrey Burgin + (8 x episodes of Countdown)
- a few weirdos from DigitalSpy
/ hours in bedroom
Living life in a gyratory circus kind of way.
Liam Tiernan
Devotee

Post by Liam Tiernan »

D Eadie wrote:Lost for words. :P

Bereft in fact.
:lol: :lol:
Nice to see you back, Damian
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Wow. I'd never heard of Tim Cahill but, having Googled him, I have to say yes - the resemblance is quite uncanny.
Sue Sanders
Kiloposter

Post by Sue Sanders »

Derek Hazell wrote:
Jeffrey Burgin wrote:I've actually only heard it twice- once from Colin Murray, and once from some girl from Liverpool who added me a few shows into my run. ;) :P
The target: Facebook Fanny Frenzy

The solution: Jeffrey Burgin + (8 x episodes of Countdown)
- a few weirdos from DigitalSpy
/ hours in bedroom
Please refer to him by his stage name, 'Mr Showbiz' - it's in his rider.
'This one goes up to eleven'
Fool's top.
Jeffrey Burgin
Acolyte

Post by Jeffrey Burgin »

Sue Sanders wrote:Please refer to him by his stage name, 'Mr Showbiz' - it's in his rider.
For Damian's benefit, my rider also includes turquoise Smarties (not blue!), two bottles of sealed yet diluted Ribena, a llama, a first-edition copy of 'Keepy Guppy- The Steve Guppy Story', exactly 8192 pieces of A5 paper, for all production team to be wearing all the clothes that Rachel has worn this series (that includes you Damian, and I want you in the pink dress from Monday) and Dean Gaffney.
Sue Sanders
Kiloposter

Post by Sue Sanders »

Jeffrey Burgin wrote:
Sue Sanders wrote:Please refer to him by his stage name, 'Mr Showbiz' - it's in his rider.
For Damian's benefit, my rider also .... for all production team to be wearing all the clothes that Rachel has worn this series (that includes you Damian, and I want you in the pink dress from Monday) and Dean Gaffney.
I think the image of you, Mr S, languishing back in a chair, and demanding 'turn round slowly for me, monkey boy' of Damian - in a pink dress, and, let us hope, 5 inch heels, may actually cause some on this site to explode!
Fool's top.
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Hmmm, as bereave (verb) is all that is specified, surely the plural would have to be bereaveing? It looks stupid though.
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Kai Laddiman wrote:Hmmm, as bereave (verb) is all that is specified, surely the plural would have to be bereaveing? It looks stupid though.
The intro says that standard formations (e.g. from dropping trailing e's) are not given, presumably for space reasons. Also bereaving is a participle, not a plural.
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Kai Laddiman wrote:Hmmm, as bereave (verb) is all that is specified, surely the plural would have to be bereaveing? It looks stupid though.
The intro says that standard formations (e.g. from dropping trailing e's) are not given, presumably for space reasons.
Fairy nuff.
Charlie Reams wrote:Also bereaving is a participle, not a plural.
Dammit, I keep doing that :P
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
D Eadie
Devotee

Post by D Eadie »

Sue Sanders wrote:
Jeffrey Burgin wrote:
For Damian's benefit, my rider also .... for all production team to be wearing all the clothes that Rachel has worn this series (that includes you Damian, and I want you in the pink dress from Monday) and Dean Gaffney.
I think the image of you, Mr S, languishing back in a chair, and demanding 'turn round slowly for me, monkey boy' of Damian - in a pink dress, and, let us hope, 5 inch heels, may actually cause some on this site to explode!

I feel somewhat violated.
Sue Sanders
Kiloposter

Post by Sue Sanders »

D Eadie wrote:
Jeffrey Burgin wrote:
Sue Sanders wrote: For Damian's benefit, my rider also .... for all production team to be wearing all the clothes that Rachel has worn this series (that includes you Damian, and I want you in the pink dress from Monday) and Dean Gaffney.

I feel somewhat violated.
Well, that's only going to add to it!
Fool's top.
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

Sue Sanders wrote:
D Eadie wrote:I feel somewhat violated.
Well, that's only going to add to it!
'Mr. Showbiz' and Sue-per Sanders Violate Damian Shoc... Oh no, that's been done to death now hasn't it.

As Damian is normally the puppeteer who controls everything that ends up getting discussed on this forum, is this some kind of rôle reversal fantasy?
Living life in a gyratory circus kind of way.
Jeffrey Burgin
Acolyte

Post by Jeffrey Burgin »

Derek Hazell wrote:As Damian is normally the puppeteer who controls everything that ends up getting discussed on this forum, is this some kind of rôle reversal fantasy?
Saying that, it always made me laugh whenever Susie or Jeff started talking to Damian through the earpiece, as you couldn't see him but you could hear him speaking, like God or the Banker from DOND.

Does this also mean my request for Dean Gaffney has been flatly refused? He doesn't need much, just a packet of Hula Hoops and a unicycle to get home to London on.

Hang on a minute- if everyone's wearing Rachel's dresses, does that mean she's not wearing anyt...oh my word! :D ;)
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Jeffrey Burgin wrote:Hang on a minute- if everyone's wearing Rachel's dresses, does that mean she's not wearing anyt...oh my word! :D ;)
Oh, we can only dream, Jeffrey. ;) :) :D
Darren Carter
What a lot of bling

Post by Darren Carter »

James Robinson wrote:
Jeffrey Burgin wrote:Hang on a minute- if everyone's wearing Rachel's dresses, does that mean she's not wearing anyt...oh my word! :D ;)
I'm sure hugging her would be fun then..... ;)
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

James Robinson wrote:
Seriously dude, get a room with yourself.
Julie T
Kiloposter

Post by Julie T »

Virgin Media On Demand has been a bit patchy recently, so just caught up on this yesterday.
Fantastic run, Jeffrey, ignore all the sour grapes - an octochamp is an octochamp! 8-) :)
"My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me." Benjamin Disraeli