Concerns under the radar

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Concerns under the radar

Post by Jason Larsen »

Hi, everyone!

As many of you have noticed here, I have not been posting here as much and I have only been playing on Apterous solitary. I would like to let you all know why.

I have had personal problems and felt very stressed.

Now, to my concerns at hand.

1. Nobody told me who Danielle Davies was. I specifically asked you all who she was in one of my prior posts. I also heard that she had left after the last series. If I sent her an e-mail, do you think she would respond?
2. I was lurking here once and I came upon a thread here about the contestant by the name of George Robertson which has since been locked. My question is, did Freddie Milverton, the original poster of that thread leave? I ask because I would like to properly introduce myself to him and, in turn, him to introduce himself properly to me, which he did not do. To be honest with all of you, I do not like it when people here do not introduce themselves properly to us on the forum. If they do, then they are answering the "question of thumb," "Why are you here?"

Second of all, I would like to express my commiserations to Clare Sudbery for losing, and my congratulations to Julie Russell and Jimmy Gough for winning. Even though all of you have your "Countdown strengths," you are all very special people and I wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors.

Lastly, I will be getting a new laptop with lots of RAM and a fairly good processor soon. That means I will not miss Countdown in Series 61. In my opinion, this is the best news of all and I saved the best for last.

Any questions if you don't understand? Please ask me.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Re: Concerns under the radar

Post by Charlie Reams »

Jason Larsen wrote:1. Nobody told me who Danielle Davies was. I specifically asked you all who she was in one of my prior posts. I also heard that she had left after the last series. If I sent her an e-mail, do you think she would respond?
I don't think you should email Danielle, Jason. She doesn't know who you are and she no longer works on Countdown.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Jason Larsen wrote:Lastly, I will be getting a new laptop with lots of RAM and a fairly good processor soon. That means I will not miss Countdown in Series 61. In my opinion, this is the best news of all and I saved the best for last.
This is excellent news Jason! I look forward to more of your match reports.
Jason Larsen wrote:2. I was lurking here once and I came upon a thread here about the contestant by the name of George Robertson which has since been locked. My question is, did Freddie Milverton, the original poster of that thread leave? I ask because I would like to properly introduce myself to him and, in turn, him to introduce himself properly to me, which he did not do. To be honest with all of you, I do not like it when people here do not introduce themselves properly to us on the forum. If they do, then they are answering the "question of thumb," "Why are you here?".
Jason, I think Freddie Milverton was not very interested in telling us why he was here. He was more interested in upsetting people in the George Robertson thread, which is why it was eventually locked. I think he was a bit of a troublemaker, so it's probably for the better that he didn't introduce himself and stick around for a while in case he upset more people than he did already!

Good to hear from you.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

Jason? More like Yayson, amirite?
Jimmy Gough
Devotee

Post by Jimmy Gough »

Thanks for the congratulations Mr Larsen.
Ralph Gillions
Devotee

Post by Ralph Gillions »

Nice to see you posting again Jason.
Good news about your computer.
Matthew Green
Devotee

Post by Matthew Green »

Jason Larsen wrote: I have had personal problems and felt very stressed.

Now, to my concerns at hand.

1. Nobody told me who Danielle Davies was.
Yes, life is hard.
If I suddenly have a squirming baby on my lap it probably means that I should start paying it some attention and stop wasting my time messing around on a Countdown forum
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

Thank you everyone for all your kind words!

Life will go on without Freddie and things will only get better because the more I show interest in Countdown, the more you all care and pay attention to me.