George Robertson

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Re: George Robertson

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Ralph Gillions wrote:I love everybody.
(Still)
I prefer it if they move about a bit.
Ralph Gillions
Devotee

Post by Ralph Gillions »

:)
Freddie Milverton
Rookie

Post by Freddie Milverton »

I'd like to know how many people here have made the effort to check out the band? I know there's plenty of apathy here but fight it!!!! I don't like apathy it makes me :x
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Freddie Milverton wrote:I'd like to know how many people here have made the effort to check out the band? I know there's plenty of apathy here but fight it!!!! I don't like apathy it makes me :x
I'll check them out once I've finished burning my Iron Maiden and Metallica (sorry Lars) albums to CD. They might be my sort of thing, you never know... ;)
Freddie Milverton
Rookie

Matt Morrison wrote: If Freddie Milverton was real I'm fairly sure he'd have a Facebook account. He doesn't, and that's why I shouted "RB".
That doesn't stop this whole thread being utter nonsense - if Freddie was a real person, and he really thought that it was ok to join a forum in this way, then nothing we say will change his mind.
If i was an imposter i would've said i know George, he's like my cousin's brother's best friend or something!!!! Also I would have a different first name, it's ok shortened but I hate what it is short for! :oops: For some reason you have to give your real name here anyway!!! I wouldn't have said about my age if legend Kirk hadn't made it seem like I was some pervy old guy wanting to know about a 17 yr old!!! I have been seriously provoked here!!!! it has made me stupidly break a golden rule but there is nothing good about being this age so I would lie about it if i was a liar but I am not. Why is this thread 'utter nonsense' :?: ok, it might be to you but it's not to me and to a couple of others here, also it has introduced people to The Mavericks of Love, which is a band people here might like as much as anybody else!
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

So I just listened to their music and I think I'm with Phil on this - they're not bad, but they're pretty uninspiring.
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Michael Wallace wrote:So I just listened to their music and I think I'm with Phil on this - they're not bad, but they're pretty uninspiring.
Yup. I didn't say they were good, just not bad.
Freddie Milverton
Rookie

Now we'll never know what George would've worn next if he'd won...
Freddie Milverton
Rookie

Phil Reynolds wrote:
Michael Wallace wrote:So I just listened to their music and I think I'm with Phil on this - they're not bad, but they're pretty uninspiring.
Yup. I didn't say they were good, just not bad.
That's something I guess
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Freddie Milverton wrote:Now we'll never know what George would've worn next if he'd won...
Can't you ask him? I presume you know where he lives by now.
Freddie Milverton
Rookie

Michael Wallace wrote:
Freddie Milverton wrote:Now we'll never know what George would've worn next if he'd won...
Can't you ask him? I presume you know where he lives by now.
Yeh. I would be stalking him right now but this worldwide restraining order on me makes it kinda tricky... ;)
Freddie Milverton
Rookie

Someone plz tell me when the other guy get's booted off an I may start watching again. Thanks
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Freddie Milverton wrote:Someone plz tell me when the other guy get's booted off an I may start watching again. Thanks
Monday is his 8th game, so Tuesday he will be gone, win or lose. Do you not enjoy Countdown for the game rather than what make and colour underpants young men are wearing?
Ralph Gillions
Devotee

Post by Ralph Gillions »

Kirk Bevins wrote: Do you not enjoy Countdown for the game rather than what make and colour underpants young men are wearing?
Both.
Matthew Green
Devotee

Post by Matthew Green »

Freddie Milverton wrote:Any info on George Robertson who appeared on today's show?
He likes flowers, chocolates and poetry and he prefers gay men, likely in their 50s, who stalk him via internet game show forums.
If I suddenly have a squirming baby on my lap it probably means that I should start paying it some attention and stop wasting my time messing around on a Countdown forum
Ralph Gillions
Devotee

Post by Ralph Gillions »

I've listened too, and I agree the band are not bad.
Not my kind of music really but I still think they are not bad.
Crisp, sharp, diction alright and some decent harmony.
Freddie Milverton
Rookie

George should go on DOND next, then he'd be around a lot longer and wear lots of different kit! But there are some seriously weird people on that show!!! Also they mostly only ever allow one fit guy max on at a time, but that's like a rare thing. If I was producing that show things would be very different!!! Apart from obviously increasing the m+f hottie factor I would ban all sob stories, systems and supertitious stuff, get the banker to text the offer and make the dude dond deal imediately and I would cut the show to 30 min or get 2 games done in one 45 min show. The time they waste on that show is unbelieveable!!!! Unless there is a fit guy on it has not got much going for it.
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Freddie Milverton wrote:George should go on DOND next, then he'd be around a lot longer and wear lots of different kit!
Freddie Milverton wrote:there are some seriously weird people on that show!!!
Interesting.
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Freddie Milverton
Rookie

I guess i should post something about Countdown!!! I like Jeff a lot but I think he can be a bit sexist sometimes but not intentionally. He is way better than the 2 apathetic Des guys who were half asleep the whole time and you could tell they were like recording loads of shows per week and it was just the same all the time, unlike Jeff who is spontaneous and makes each show different. Also the 2 Des dudes were only interested in talking to Carol not the contestants.
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Freddie Milverton wrote:I guess i should post something about Countdown!!! I like Jeff a lot but I think he can be a bit sexist sometimes but not intentionally. He is way better than the 2 apathetic Des guys who were half asleep the whole time and you could tell they were like recording loads of shows per week and it was just the same all the time, unlike Jeff who is spontaneous and makes each show different. Also the 2 Des dudes were only interested in talking to Carol not the contestants.
Finally, a post that isn't homo-erotic gush (Eww) Now if you can reduce your fucking ridiculous emoticon and exclamation mark quota we'll be half way to curing you!!!!!!!!!! :D :P :mrgreen: :? :o :| :idea: :!:
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Dinos Sfyris wrote:
Freddie Milverton wrote:I guess i should post something about Countdown!!! I like Jeff a lot but I think he can be a bit sexist sometimes but not intentionally. He is way better than the 2 apathetic Des guys who were half asleep the whole time and you could tell they were like recording loads of shows per week and it was just the same all the time, unlike Jeff who is spontaneous and makes each show different. Also the 2 Des dudes were only interested in talking to Carol not the contestants.
Finally, a post that isn't homo-erotic gush (Eww) Now if you can reduce your fucking ridiculous emoticon and exclamation mark quota we'll be half way to curing you!!!!!!!!!! :D :P :mrgreen: :? :o :| :idea: :!:
Oi, lay off. Freddie's emoticon antics are nowhere near as bad as some regulars I could mention. And the exclamation marks aren't too bad either, bring a bit of youthful zest to the place.

(mmmm, youthful zest)
Freddie Milverton
Rookie

In my opinion Rachel is a big improvement on Carol who kinda took over the whole show and I think that's why the Des dudes didn't say much. They were maybe not scared but maybe a little intimidated by her even tho they were the host, cuz she had been on the show soooooo long!!!! She was the big cheese and they knew it, it was like it's Caroldown and don't you forget it!!!!! I guess Rachel will maybe get more confident and want to do other presenting stuff one day but i like her the way she is right now. Carol's cool but she has got a big personality and Countdown isn't that kinda show. btw, I haven't stopped posting about George and his band!!!! So sorry to disapoint some of u but I ain't finished yet!!!!! :D Also I would not give any boy flowers, chocolate or poetry!!!! They are what you give on mothers day!!!!! Why would a guy want flowers, i wouldn't!!! :? I used to think chocolate tasted weird cuz we used to have carob at home. carob is pants compared with choc but i actually thought it was chocolate when I was little!!!!!!
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Here was me thinking that the former head of NATO had been in Dictionary Corner or something.

And anyway, Jeff films just the same amount as Des or Des. Five shows broadcast a week y'know...
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Philip Jarvis
Enthusiast

Post by Philip Jarvis »

Since Freddie has managed to knock up 30 posts in next to no time, he ought to qualify for the anagram treatment. Here's a few I came up with:

REMINDED FIT LOVER
NOT DELIVERED FIRM
ODD FERTILE VERMIN

Not sure which one is the most appropriate? Anyway, there's something I can't understand about this thread. Right from the outset, Freddie has been extremely keen to see pictures of George. That being the case, why is he not prepared to put his own photo on his avatar?
"It's KNACKERED Nick!"
Freddie Milverton
Rookie

Philip Jarvis wrote: Right from the outset, Freddie has been extremely keen to see pictures of George. That being the case, why is he not prepared to put his own photo on his avatar?
I never asked for pics, i've got caps!!!! There are also caps on fmf. I said i would post some if anybody wanted them but if i had gone ahead and posted anyway everybody would have shouted this is not picture forum!!!! an i would have been slagged off even more!!!!! also most of the posts have been me stupidly retaliating to stuff!!!! after the hostile reaction i got from some people on here i wasn't going to stick around to get a profile!!!!
Freddie Milverton
Rookie

In my opinion Des 1 has got zero personality. He was like jetlagged the whole time!!!!!! Like when there was a crucial cunundrum or something, he never bigged it up or made it seem exciting! If they had put a mobile on his chair and got him to text in it would've been more entertaining!!!!!! :lol: He didn't know what to say to the contestants or dc guest. Basically he didn't want to talk to anybody!!!! If I was producer on Countdown i would have made him work for his megabugs!!!!! I didn't know who he was before so I would not have been intimidated by grumpy Des!!!!!! I wouldn't tell Jeff what to do coz in my opinion he is almost perfect, but I would have told the 2 Des dudes to shape up!!!!! I would've been looking forward to Countdown all day if George had won on Friday. I think he would have done better next time round. But we'll never know now... :cry: But hey we've got TMOL!!!!!!!!
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Freddie Milverton wrote:In my opinion Des 1 has got zero personality. He was like jetlagged the whole time!!!!!! Like when there was a crucial cunundrum or something, he never bigged it up or made it seem exciting! If they had put a mobile on his chair and got him to text in it would've been more entertaining!!!!!! :lol: He didn't know what to say to the contestants or dc guest. Basically he didn't want to talk to anybody!!!! If I was producer on Countdown i would have made him work for his megabugs!!!!! I didn't know who he was before so I would not have been intimidated by grumpy Des!!!!!! I wouldn't tell Jeff what to do coz in my opinion he is almost perfect, but I would have told the 2 Des dudes to shape up!!!!! I would've been looking forward to Countdown all day if George had won on Friday. I think he would have done better next time round. But we'll never know now... :cry: But hey we've got TMOL!!!!!!!!
Right, the exclamation marks are getting seriously annoying now. I'll probably have to foe you if it carries on, and I've never yet done that to anyone. What exactly do you feel they add to your posts?

Also, how old are you? You claim to have detailed memories of Des Lynam on Countdown, yet you write like a 6-year-old. What's that all about?
Kieran Child
Enthusiast

Post by Kieran Child »

I don't find this thread that weird... I actually find it kinda funny if George searches himself in the future and finds that his countdown appearance already made him famous enough to be stalkable :)
To be honest, the weirdest thing is, he's not really that attractive...
Also, there's no such thing as a worldwide restraining order, but meh.
Freddie Milverton
Rookie

Phil Reynolds wrote: Right, the exclamation marks are getting seriously annoying now. I'll probably have to foe you if it carries on, and I've never yet done that to anyone. What exactly do you feel they add to your posts?

Also, how old are you? You claim to have detailed memories of Des Lynam on Countdown, yet you write like a 6-year-old. What's that all about?
so foe me!!!! I am not intimidated by threats!!! Why should i change myself :?: I haven't got picky about you. If you wanted to u could put in 100 # an i'd read it all the same. I would just think so what it's your thing. Mostly every reply has been like change or cure yourself someway!!! man, I would take some of u on in a fight if u wanted one! :x
Kieran Child
Enthusiast

Post by Kieran Child »

Line 1: correct and then incorrect spelling of "you".
Line 2: capable and then incapable usage of quotation marks.
Line 3: Unreasonable and then reasonable use of exlamation marks.

I quite like this guy. I find him funny. Pity he's the sort of person who gets chucked off boards. I just hope the folk in charge think the same as me :D
Davy Affleck
Acolyte

Post by Davy Affleck »

Kieran Child wrote:Line 1: correct and then incorrect spelling of "you".
Line 2: capable and then incapable usage of quotation marks.
Line 3: Unreasonable and then reasonable use of exlamation marks.

I quite like this guy. I find him funny. Pity he's the sort of person who gets chucked off boards. I just hope the folk in charge think the same as me :D

Line 3 - improper spelling of exclamation
Ralph Gillions
Devotee

Post by Ralph Gillions »

There are always helpful people on here who will come to the rescue and help, or advise, or even rewrite your posts for you.
I have experienced it myself.
So kind of them to correct ones work. It can seriously make a person nervous about posting in case we fall short of the mark that others have set for them.
I still don`t understand the problem here.
Bands and groups have always had fans who seek "info" about them. That's what many fans do.
The Beatles, Rolling Stones, back to the Andrews Sisters, and the many "boy bands" of recent years.
I have done it myself.
l don't understand this.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

I like this Milverton chap.
Innis Carson
Devotee

Post by Innis Carson »

Ralph Gillions wrote:There are always helpful people on here who will come to the rescue and help, or advise, or even rewrite your posts for you.
So kind of them to correct ones work. It can seriously make a person nervous about posting in case we fall short of the mark that others have set for them.
Bands and groups have always had fans who seek "info" about them. That's what many fans do.
The Beatles, Rolling Stones, back to the Andrews Sisters, and the many "boy bands" of recent years.
I have done it myself.
l don't understand this.
I don't think the reaction would have been quite the same if Freddie hadn't been so quick to start with the "You're all weird for not caring about this and talking about the game instead!" stuff after virtually no provocation. I still can't help but think this guy is just winding us up.
Kieran Child
Enthusiast

Post by Kieran Child »

Ralph Gillions wrote:There are always helpful people on here who will come to the rescue and help, or advise, or even rewrite your posts for you.
I have done it myself.
l don't understand this.
I hope this wasn't a reference to me. Because I also find it petty when people feel the need to correct spellings on an online board. I was just saying how I find it amusing the way he writes "you" sometimes, but others, cannot possibly waste that much time, and instead just uses the last letter of it. It is a bit weird, and it's been weird for all of those bands and groups you mention, but it's not really much of a problem.
Ralph Gillions
Devotee

Post by Ralph Gillions »

No. Everything is fine Kieran. I agree it's not much of a problem.
Regards.
*smile*
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Freddie Milverton wrote:so foe me!!!! I am not intimidated by threats!!!
Good for you. Nobody threatened you, though, so I'm not sure why you brought it up.

I did, however, ask you several questions, none of which you answered. You have therefore shown yourself to be a person who (a) likes to express himself while taking no interest in what others have to say, and (b) thinks it's more important to express himself in his own way than in a way that is pleasant for others to read. Is that how you want to come across? (Another question there, which no doubt you will ignore in any reply.) If so, fair enough - entirely up to you. Just don't expect other people to want to engage in dialogue with you.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

I've been dying to read this thread since it started, but refrained as I was behind with a few shows and didn't want anything spoilered.

:|
Freddie Milverton
Rookie

(Some people don't like it so I'll bleep it) I was p***** off last night and my avatar was gonna be my fist! ( just kidding!!) Ralph has already said it way better than I can, but what I want to say is, It is not weird or scary to want to know about someone in a band or someone you like on tv. There's tons of stuff out there about stars and celebrities, online and in magazines and their is like a big market for it, (tho imo a lot of it is totally ott). If TMOL were more famous, I wouldn't have needed to start this thread cuz the info would be out there. If you think of like your fav recording artists then I bet you know something, maybe a lot about them!! I'm not talking about creepy stuff like exactly where they live and omg what is that in their wheely bin!! I never wanted or expected anyone to post stuff like that! I would have reported it immediately obviously, not that anyone would have posted it. All I wanted was the kinda stuff you get in biogs an interviews, fun stuff. Yeh, I do think George is kinda fit and I have obviously said so like a zillion times an why not!!! But I'm not a groupie kinda person and anyone who knows me would tell u i don't worship anybody like thatt. I do get kinda enthusiatic but I'll probably be over George pretty soon anyway an onto somebody else! tho I do kinda like TMOL and I would check out their new stuff. I should have realized that starting this thread here was a bad idea obviously but i didn't stop to think, i just thought i was getting dissed for no reason unfairly! It's kinda weird how things can turn out, like the oposite way of how you started out or intended in the first place an, like how you can be judged or branded cuz of it!! that's all!!
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Freddie Milverton wrote:(Some people don't like it so I'll bleep it) I was p***** off last night and my avatar was gonna be my fist! ( just kidding!!) Ralph has already said it way better than I can, but what I want to say is, It is not weird or scary to want to know about someone in a band or someone you like on tv. There's tons of stuff out there about stars and celebrities, online and in magazines and their is like a big market for it, (tho imo a lot of it is totally ott). If TMOL were more famous, I wouldn't have needed to start this thread cuz the info would be out there. If you think of like your fav recording artists then I bet you know something, maybe a lot about them!! I'm not talking about creepy stuff like exactly where they live and omg what is that in their wheely bin!! I never wanted or expected anyone to post stuff like that! I would have reported it immediately obviously, not that anyone would have posted it. All I wanted was the kinda stuff you get in biogs an interviews, fun stuff. Yeh, I do think George is kinda fit and I have obviously said so like a zillion times an why not!!! But I'm not a groupie kinda person and anyone who knows me would tell u i don't worship anybody like thatt. I do get kinda enthusiatic but I'll probably be over George pretty soon anyway an onto somebody else! tho I do kinda like TMOL and I would check out their new stuff. I should have realized that starting this thread here was a bad idea obviously but i didn't stop to think, i just thought i was getting dissed for no reason unfairly! It's kinda weird how things can turn out, like the oposite way of how you started out or intended in the first place an, like how you can be judged or branded cuz of it!! that's all!!
:lol:
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Ralph Gillions
Devotee

Post by Ralph Gillions »

I understand your post Freddie and appreciate your desire to clarify.
The whole thing was in danger of taking on a tone and weight which was not intended.
Thanks and good wishes.
Hannah O
Acolyte

Post by Hannah O »

Well, I think he looks kind of like Nicholas Hoult (is that his name?) off Skins, except his eyebrows aren't as scary. Unfortunately, I missed his game, so there's not much else I can say.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

I think this has run its course now.