Special 1 TV

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Special 1 TV

Post by Andy Wilson »

Don't know if anyone is familiar with this weekly soccer sketch on Setanta. Started off as 'I'm on Setanta Sports' and, mainly to soccer fans, can sometimes be side splittingly funny. Anyway, they mentioned countdown on todays episode... (flick to 3:38 if you don't want to watch the whole thing)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0WHG2JKL3U

The show is the brainchild of Mario Rosenstock, who uses his immitation skills to great effect on a breakfast radio show slot over here in Ireland (Today FM, Ian Dempsey show, gift grub). To those who pay no attention to soccer, it's a parody of 'You're on sky sports' late night soccer phone in show. Although often focusing on Irish affairs, gift grub can be pretty hillarious too, worth googling if you like that sort of thing. A recent example is Ronan Keating calling Brian Kerr to congratulate him on his new job managing the Faroe Islands and telling him to visit the Pyramids.

While we're on soccer and countdown, Damian, any plans to get a soccer personality in DC? I'm assuming Roy still lives in Manchester...
Kirk Bevins
God

Re: Special 1 TV

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Andy Wilson wrote:Don't know if anyone is familiar with this weekly soccer sketch on Setanta. Started off as 'I'm on Setanta Sports' and, mainly to soccer fans, can sometimes be side splittingly funny. Anyway, they mentioned countdown on todays episode... (flick to 3:38 if you don't want to watch the whole thing)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0WHG2JKL3U

The show is the brainchild of Mario Rosenstock, who uses his immitation skills to great effect on a breakfast radio show slot over here in Ireland (Today FM, Ian Dempsey show, gift grub). To those who pay no attention to soccer, it's a parody of 'You're on sky sports' late night soccer phone in show. Although often focusing on Irish affairs, gift grub can be pretty hillarious too, worth googling if you like that sort of thing. A recent example is Ronan Keating calling Brian Kerr to congratulate him on his new job managing the Faroe Islands and telling him to visit the Pyramids.

While we're on soccer and countdown, Damian, any plans to get a soccer personality in DC? I'm assuming Roy still lives in Manchester...
People actually watch that? That was dire.
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

It's a bit hit and miss alright. I did say, sometimes and to soccer fans!
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Andy Wilson wrote:It's a bit hit and miss alright. I did say, sometimes and to soccer fans!
OK fair enough.
D Eadie
Devotee

Post by D Eadie »

While we're on soccer and countdown, Damian, any plans to get a soccer personality in DC?
Not really. Can't think of many to be honest. Might get Kammy one day though.
Junaid Mubeen
Series 59 Champion

Post by Junaid Mubeen »

D Eadie wrote:
While we're on soccer and countdown, Damian, any plans to get a soccer personality in DC?
Sir Alex? If he was willing to do a segment for the 25th anniversary, perhaps it's not too unrealistic?
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

D Eadie wrote:
Kammy Darweish? Someone told me he used to manage Liverpool years ago.
Living life in a gyratory circus kind of way.
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

I was assuming it was Chris Kamara you were referring to. That'd be pretty nice alright. He'd probably have some funny Jeff related stories. Sir Alex would be pretty fantastic. Rachel could get Ronaldo's phone number.