Mastermind

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Ralph Gillions
Devotee

Re: Mastermind

Post by Ralph Gillions »

Jason Larsen wrote:What is the Virgin Catch-Up?
Jason, Virgin Media are one of the suppliers of television programmes. I believe one of the things they do
is to supply a box which enables you to record programmes and watch them later.
Virgin Catch-Up means the programme is recorded on the Virgin equipment and you can then watch and catch up when you choose.
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

So, it's not technically on live TV?
Lesley Jeavons
Enthusiast

Post by Lesley Jeavons »

Oh forgot to say got round to watching this on catch up... Well done, Ian. :D

You came over as a lovely chap...and can I say in a non-predatory, non-sexist way that your eyes are a lovely shape from that side angle. :)
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Lesley Jeavons wrote:Oh forgot to say got round to watching this on catch up... Well done, Ian. :D
You came over as a lovely chap...and can I say in a non-predatory, non-sexist way that your eyes are a lovely shape from that side angle. :)
That's definitely not sexist! It'd be sexist to say "your eyes would be lovely if you're a woman but they suck cos you're a man" :)
Anyway never heard anyone compliment the shape of someone's eyes, that's awesome! The whole package or just the actual eyeballs? heh
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Lesley Jeavons wrote:Oh forgot to say got round to watching this on catch up... Well done, Ian. :D

That all sounds pretty accurate :)

Thanks!
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Lesley Jeavons
Enthusiast

Post by Lesley Jeavons »

Matt Morrison wrote:Anyway never heard anyone compliment the shape of someone's eyes, that's awesome! The whole package or just the actual eyeballs? heh
The shape of the sockets. Almond shaped, which are considered by some to be the most attractive.
Quick education on eye shapes (and how to enhance them with make up if you choose): http://www.profaces.com/info/eye_tips.htm
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Mastermind final on right on BBC Two. Quite a strong lineup so it should be good, then again it is the grand final of TV's toughest quiz. Then when this has finished switch over to BBC One for AQoS at half 8 then HIGNFY straight after and a QI repeat of series G at half 9. I don't know why on earth do people go out on a Friday night when the TV is as good as this!!
Lesley Hines
Kiloposter

Post by Lesley Hines »

Ryan Taylor wrote:I don't know why on earth do people go out on a Friday night when the TV is as good as this!!
To get laid.

HTH ;)
Lowering the averages since 2009
Oliver Garner
Series 62 Champion

Post by Oliver Garner »

Ryan Taylor wrote:Mastermind final on right on BBC Two. Quite a strong lineup so it should be good, then again it is the grand final of TV's toughest quiz. Then when this has finished switch over to BBC One for AQoS at half 8 then HIGNFY straight after and a QI repeat of series G at half 9. I don't know why on earth do people go out on a Friday night when the TV is as good as this!!
This.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Lesley Hines wrote:
Ryan Taylor wrote:I don't know why on earth do people go out on a Friday night when the TV is as good as this!!
To get laid.

HTH ;)
I'm pretty sure I would get more pleasure from TV quiz shows. Graham Norton Show new series is now on and then Celebrity Juiced. The only way I think your argument stands up is if it was with Kevin Ashman.
Lesley Hines
Kiloposter

Post by Lesley Hines »

Ryan Taylor wrote:
Lesley Hines wrote:
To get laid.

HTH ;)
I'm pretty sure I would get more pleasure from TV quiz shows. Graham Norton Show new series is now on and then Celebrity Juiced. The only way I think your argument stands up is if it was with Kevin Ashman.
It's not an argument I want to stand up. :twisted:
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

I imagine Kevin Ashman to be a very unconfident and nervous lover. Gentle but more through insecurity.
Lesley Hines
Kiloposter

Post by Lesley Hines »

Matt Morrison wrote:I imagine Kevin Ashman to be a very unconfident and nervous lover. Gentle but more through insecurity.
Shared too much, dude.