Countdown/Scrabble Intersection

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

How much of a Scrabbler are you?

Scrabble is my life, I only come here to groom promising young Countdown players into turning to the Dark Side.
No votes
I regularly play tournament level Scrabble.
6%
I'm a club player (or at least have a similar level of interest - it's a major hobby).
6%
It's a minor hobby.
23%
I play occasionally with friends/family.
55%
I hate Scrabble. If I go within 3 metres of a set I explode.
10%

Total votes: 31

Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Countdown/Scrabble Intersection

Post by Michael Wallace »

Prompted by the accusation that the forum is "a group of people who go to university and spend all their time playing scrabble." I thought I'd try and see to what extent people here do actually play Scrabble (because surely that's what Scrabble forums are for?).

Feel free to tell us in precise detail how much you play Scrabble (I'm hoping for average number of games per second). Or just vote so I can pretend I'm doing statistics.

(Coming soon - did you go to university, are you a virgin, and did you spend all your time at university playing scrabble whilst having sex with virgins.)
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Re: Countdown/Scrabble Intersection

Post by Jon O'Neill »

I'm really fucking good but I hardly ever play. Rubbish game. Really.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

I will admit I fall somewhere between the top two options, I blame it all on Darth Holden. :P

Incidentally I'm organising a tournament in Lincoln in June if anyone's interested... ;)
Gary Male
Enthusiast

Post by Gary Male »

Michael Wallace wrote:Coming soon - did you go to university
Please include the option "No, although I did sleep on the floor in the room of Kirk's ex-girlfriend in university halls once" so I can vote truthfully.
Martin Gardner
Kiloposter

Post by Martin Gardner »

I find Countdown is a lot more repetitive than Scrabble. It's nice to play one for a while, then have a break and play the other. Obviously with Scrabble, there's nothing remotely like a numbers game, so if I stopped playing Countdown (unlikely) I'd have no numbers fix.

Number of games? Erm when I was younger, about 21, I could play 20 games online a day, so more than 100 in a week. Now it's more three a day maximum, sometimes zero. I did once play about 9 games in a day at a tournament though.
If you cut a gandiseeg in half, do you get two gandiseegs or two halves of a gandiseeg?
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

I used to play Scrabble now and then at Warrington but I don't really bother any more with Scrabble.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Gary Male wrote:
Please include the option "No, although I did sleep on the floor in the room of Kirk's ex-girlfriend in university halls once" so I can vote truthfully.
Oh yeah, bloody hell - I remember that. Why couldn't you sleep on my floor? Why were you in York anyway? Wow.