Series 88 Finals Predictions (With Poll)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Who do you think will be the Grand Champion of Series 88?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:26 pm

Harry Savage
88%
Viraj Seelam
6%
Ben Bazzard
No votes
Paul O'Brien
No votes
George Baker
6%
Caroline McManus
No votes
Rachel Copley
No votes
David Edwards
No votes

Total votes: 17

Ryan Lam
Enthusiast

Series 88 Finals Predictions (With Poll)

Post by Ryan Lam »

Wow, what an exciting last two weeks of the Series we had so far with back-to-back Crucial Conundrums and us waiting to see if JJ Burrows would make the cut to the last eight but alas, with his loss on Friday and with just three more preliminaries to go this Series, we now know who the final eight are now! Here are the matches as follows below and as per what Colin has mentioned on the show last Friday, the schedule is no secret:

Quarter-Finals #1 (14 December): Harry Savage (#1 Seed) vs David Edwards (#8 Seed)
Quarter-Finals #2 (15 December): Viraj Seelam (#2 Seed) vs Rachel Copley (#7 Seed)
Quarter-Finals #3 (18 December): Ben Bazzard (#3 Seed) vs Caroline McManus (#6 Seed)
Quarter-Finals #4 (19 December): Paul O'Brien (#4 Seed) vs George Baker (#5 Seed)

Well, this Series surely made up for the last where we have way more Octochamps and I have a gut feeling the competition will be more fierce this time round. There's a chance there may be upsets happening again once more especially with Caroline McManus scoring less than Rachel Copley resulting in George having to face Paul, but we'll have to see how this plays out!

I'm not going to be sharing any predictions and will be writing a review of the episode each day as per the last ten Series, so if you have any feel free to post them here! :)

The poll will close on the day the First Quarter Final airs and you will be allowed to change your vote until then. Finally, if you happen to be reading this in the near future, apologies but you will not be able to vote.
Steve Hyde
Acolyte

Re: Series 88 Finals Predictions (With Poll)

Post by Steve Hyde »

Difficult to look beyond Harry for the title, but Viraj might take a numbers round or two off him if Cecil is in a cooperative mood. Ben is a dark horse - clearly didn't have the depth of dictionary knowledge of a top Apterite in his heat games, but hardly missed any of the words that he did know.

Of course I'd love to see someone completely unfancied like George Baker Latchford his way to the title, but we'll see.
Adam S Latchford
Acolyte

Post by Adam S Latchford »

Backing George all the way, although he probably should have chosen a better series champ to become a regen of.

Can't see past Harry but let's go with my heart <3
Martin Hurst
Series 75 Champion

Post by Martin Hurst »

Could well be a finals where all matches go the way of the seedings, but let's hope for some good games and possibly some upsets :)
Tracey Anne Mills
Devotee
Location: The Series 72 Runner Up, The Crazy Cat Lady that lives with her two cats Freddie and Callie

Post by Tracey Anne Mills »

Hard decision to call, but I think Harry Savage will be series champion there is a possibility that Viraj is capable of pulling off an upset
Tracey 'Old Enough To Be My Mum' Mills aka Crazy Cat Lady and Cat Lover
Ryan Lam
Enthusiast

Post by Ryan Lam »

Congratulations, almost all of you were right, Harry Savage won! Marvellous Grand Final to end a fantastic 2023! :D