David Barnard (1991-2022)

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Tracey Anne Mills
Devotee
Location: The Series 72 Runner Up, The Crazy Cat Lady that lives with her two cats Freddie and Callie

David Barnard (1991-2022)

Post by Tracey Anne Mills »

Hello everybody this is on behalf of the apterous and countdown community

It is with great sadness that former series 67 semi-finalist and Champions of Champions participant David Barnard has passed away at the age of 30. David was a popular and well liked member of the Countdown/Apterous community he was a regular on the Co:event circuit. He was one of the best players on apterous and held the top ranking for some time,I had some fabulous battles against him ( even though he got a max game against me) he was somebody you could have a laugh with he had a wicked sense of humour we always had some great banter in apto-chat even though we supported rival football teams, he hated confrontation and didn't like to see people sad. Outside of countdown he was a cracking pool player and played a lot of golf. David always told me to believe in myself and never give up, Goodbye my friend RIP David you will be sadly missed.
Last edited by Tracey Anne Mills on Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:50 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Tracey 'Old Enough To Be My Mum' Mills aka Crazy Cat Lady and Cat Lover
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Re: David Barnard (1991-2022)

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Devastating news. I briefly met David "face-to-face" during our ZoomDown game and I could tell he was just such a cheerful and personable soul. Also an Apto-master -- let's award him a bunch of Spoons of Awesome.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Jason William Larsen
Rookie

Re: David Barnard (1991-2022)

Post by Jason William Larsen »

We all knew it was coming, but it is a big shock, nonetheless. Condolences and deepest sympathies to his family and friends at this time.