Streaming Movies

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Streaming Movies

Post by Marc Meakin »

What are your views on illegally streaming movies.
I have an unlimited Cinema Pass and Netflix and Amazon Prime so I rarely bother these days but there are some exceptions.
For example I streamed Endgame as I have a weak bladder and wanted to watch it before going to the cinema to watch it ' properly ' .
Also , irked at Once Upon a Time in Hollywood coming out in America three weeks before coming out over here I succumbed to temptation and watched it.
I will still watch it at the cinema though.
I expect some pelters here for ' breaking the law ' but I am curious if most people do it but wouldn't admit to it a bit like masturbation πŸ˜€
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
JimBentley
Fanatic

Re: Streaming Movies

Post by JimBentley »

Marc Meakin wrote: ↑Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:24 am What are your views on illegally streaming movies.
I have an unlimited Cinema Pass and Netflix and Amazon Prime so I rarely bother these days but there are some exceptions.
For example I streamed Endgame as I have a weak bladder and wanted to watch it before going to the cinema to watch it ' properly ' .
Also , irked at Once Upon a Time in Hollywood coming out in America three weeks before coming out over here I succumbed to temptation and watched it.
I expect some pelters here for ' breaking the law ' but I am curious if most people do it but wouldn't admit to it a bit like masturbation πŸ˜€
Yeah, I do it all the time and I'm probably going to do it even more in the future as content becomes even more fragmented. I love TV and I love films and have been quite happy to pay for stuff (e.g. Netflix, Amazon etc.) in the past but there's just too many platforms now and I'm not going to pay for them all. When most things were consolidated onto one or two services, it was a reasonable (and affordable) ask, but now that you need to sign up to five or six of them, it's become ridiculous and far too expensive. So I'm pretty much streaming everything from now on from dodgy sites for free.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

JimBentley wrote: ↑Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:55 pm
Marc Meakin wrote: ↑Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:24 am What are your views on illegally streaming movies.
Yeah, I do it all the time and I'm probably going to do it even more in the future as content becomes even more fragmented. I love TV and I love films and have been quite happy to pay for stuff (e.g. Netflix, Amazon etc.) in the past but there's just too many platforms now and I'm not going to pay for them all. When most things were consolidated onto one or two services, it was a reasonable (and affordable) ask, but now that you need to sign up to five or six of them, it's become ridiculous and far too expensive. So I'm pretty much streaming everything from now on from dodgy sites for free.
Before I got back into work and was poor , dodgy downloads and bootleg DVDs were my only way of affording films .
But now I have the cinema pass I rarely bother but I would rather watch a good pirate copy of a film like OUATIH rather than have some tosser spoil it on social media ( not out here for nearly three weeks ) also I watched an incredibly good pirate of Endgame before seeing it at the cinema as my bladder only lasts around two hours and I didn't want to miss any good bits.
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Marc Meakin wrote: ↑Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:24 am I am curious if most people do it but wouldn't admit to it a bit like masturbation
I've never met anyone who doesn't admit to masturbation.
Fiona T
Kiloposter

Post by Fiona T »

Phil Reynolds wrote: ↑Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:51 pm
Marc Meakin wrote: ↑Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:24 am I am curious if most people do it but wouldn't admit to it a bit like masturbation
Is it a question you ask all your friends? :lol:
Zarte Siempre
Series 78 Champion

Post by Zarte Siempre »

Fiona T wrote: ↑Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:18 am
Is it a question you ask all your friends? :lol:
Not just his friends.

Got him in major trouble when it was his first thing out of his mouth to the arresting offcer...
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...
JimBentley
Fanatic

Post by JimBentley »

Yeah, that was a bit of a weird thing to say. Why would any man not admit that he didn't have a wank from time to time? It's hardly scandalous. I used to think that when you're in a relationship and have sex regularly, you'd probably stop, but in my experience you don't, and that doesn't mean that you're not getting enough, or anything like that. Basically men really enjoy wanking. Any man that says he doesn't is lying.
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

JimBentley wrote: ↑Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:19 pm Why would any man not admit that he didn't have a wank from time to time? It's hardly scandalous. I used to think that when you're in a relationship and have sex regularly, you'd probably stop, but in my experience you don't, and that doesn't mean that you're not getting enough, or anything like that. Basically men really enjoy wanking. Any man that says he doesn't is lying.
I've never heard a woman deny it either.
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Zarte Siempre wrote: ↑Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:01 am Got him in major trouble when it was his first thing out of his mouth to the arresting offcer...
Second thing, if we're being strictly accurate.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Phil Reynolds wrote: ↑Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:29 am
JimBentley wrote: ↑Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:19 pm Why would any man not admit that he didn't have a wank from time to time? It's hardly scandalous. I used to think that when you're in a relationship and have sex regularly, you'd probably stop, but in my experience you don't, and that doesn't mean that you're not getting enough, or anything like that. Basically men really enjoy wanking. Any man that says he doesn't is lying.
I've never heard a woman deny it either.
I must be going to the wrong social gatherings.
I'm glad people (especially men ) still do because regular masturbation in middle/ old age is a good way to prevent prostate cancer.
Masturbation is a good way of relaxing your mind before going to sleep , if you have anxiety.
Probably why I'm banned from Qantas πŸ˜€.

With all the comments above I better change my analogy to secretly liking Boris Johnson
Fiona T
Kiloposter

Post by Fiona T »

You want to watch out for those yellow teeth though.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Whitening-FAMI ... B07M6R5BXP

(4th image down - causes of yellow teeth!)
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

Most threads turn into discussions about masturbation at some point, but this one was especially quick to do so, well done team.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Mark Deeks wrote: ↑Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:28 pm Most threads turn into discussions about masturbation at some point, but this one was especially quick to do so, well done team.
Wanker
sorry couldn't resist.πŸ˜ƒ
Probably why I've got yellow teeth, bad eyes and one large bicep 😜