Contestants You'd Like Too See Given Another Go

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Re: Contestants You'd Like To See Given Another Go

Post by Jon Corby »

James Robinson wrote:
Jon Corby wrote:Mine too James. Nonetheless, I don't see what your issue is with giving the letters of a conundrum individually, or as a "phrase" (eg ELITEBOUT). Otherwise you're effectively saying blind people can't audition.
What rubbish about blind people. My point is that when you're playing a conundrum, you're given a mixed-up 9-letter word already ready, calling for a fast reaction to solve it ahead of your opponents (OK, it might be slightly different in terms of the audition).

Whereas, if the conundrum was just put out a letter at a time, that's basically the same as a normal letters game with the only difference being that you have the knowledge of knowing that there is a guaranteed 9-letter word in that selection. That's the point I'm making.
I thought the point you were making was that conundrums only work when presented visually, hence why you couldn't fathom how it would work over the telephone. If they only work visually, this excludes blind people from participating.

You follow?

No, of course you don't.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Re: Contestants You'd Like Too See Given Another Go

Post by Jon Corby »

Douglas Wilson wrote:I'm not here for an argument either and I think you're a lot less of a twat for taking the time to construct this post. :D
Cheers.

Surely there's people you don't like though, people who you'd find it funny if they messed up and ended up with egg on their face? That's all I'm on about. The fact that she's a woman is irrelevant, I'm not sure why you keep mentioning it.
Martin Smith
Acolyte

Post by Martin Smith »

I'm tempted to apply again, as I lost to D O'D on my first appearance, and while in a worse medical state than I am now. Maybe Damien or others can advise me on how this would be regarded?
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Martin Smith wrote:I'm tempted to apply again, as I lost to D O'D on my first appearance, and while in a worse medical state than I am now. Maybe Damien or others can advise me on how this would be regarded?
:lol:
Steve Durney
Acolyte

Post by Steve Durney »

Steve Durney wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:09 pm Definitely Dinos.
Congratulations Dinos! I knew you'd do well!