Spoilers for Thursday 10th January 2019 (COC XV, game 7)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Thomas Carey
Kiloposter

Spoilers for Thursday 10th January 2019 (COC XV, game 7)

Post by Thomas Carey »

Now for the guys who lost to yesterday's winners. 77's dunky dunky Bradley Horrocks Vs 75's not from Glasgow as Nick originally said Andrew MacLeod.

94% of you said Brad. Average 26.11. i said 78. Come on lad
    cheers maus
    Ray Wilding
    Devotee

Re: Spoilers for Thursday 10th January 2019 (COC XV, game 7)

Post by Ray Wilding »

REOPPOSE in R12.
    Ryan Lam
    Enthusiast

Post by Ryan Lam »

Like I was saying yesterday, today is Part II where the Runners-Up of both Series from yesterday go head-to-head. Boy was it another brilliant match! Three-in-a-row, combined score of over 200 and the second where both contestants end with a Century and above! Impressive playing from Bradley with ROSULATE and AROELAE. :)

As for Andrew, oh my your hair is even greyer than before (Sorry if I imply you're getting old...), but with old age certainly comes with wisdom, and you fought very, very hard to the point that you literally tied Bradley on every single round except for two! :O Unfortunately, those two rounds were enough to bring you down and gave Bradley the win before the Conundrum. :( I'm sorry that your gamble at the very end didn't pay off as CECIL decided to go easy on both of you, but even in defeat there's something to be proud of, that at least your fight wasn't that painful. With that, all the S75 contestants are knocked out as well. :( Congrats Bradley and with that, oh boy come next Tuesday, it's a REMATCH of Series 77 Semi-Finals #2 where he will face John once again (I wonder if the former will choose 3L again like what he did back then...)

Speaking of 3L, tomorrow is the last Preliminary of this whole Championship, on one side there's the Runner-up who likes that and the other there's the Semi-Finalist and "Show-off Numberwang" 4L Semi-Finalist who left us in awe at his gobsmacking solutions back in 2017. At least we can take a break from six small that's for sure unless someone decides to play the "Plot Twist" card...

Progress:
    Preliminary #1 (02 January): Jonathan Wynn (Series 73 Grand Champion) vs Phil Davies (Series 78 Semi-Finalist) (103 - 68)
    Preliminary #2 (03 January): Ann Dibben (Series 74 Runner-Up) vs John Cowen (Series 77 Semi-Finalist) (94 - 97)
    Preliminary #3 (04 January): Matthew Tassier (Series 73 Runner-Up) vs Dougie Mackay (Series 78 Semi-Finalist) (96 - 78)
    Preliminary #4 (07 January): Thomas Carey (Series 73 Semi-Finalist) vs Stephen Read (Series 76 Grand Champion) (106 - 87)
    Preliminary #5 (08 January): Paul Erdunast (Series 74 Grand Champion) vs Zarte Siempre (Series 78 Grand Champion) (105 - 113)
    Preliminary #6 (09 January): Tom Chafer-Cook (Series 77 Grand Champion) vs Martin Hurst (Series 75 Grand Champion) (129 - 89)
    Preliminary #7 (10 January): Bradley Horrocks (Series 77 Runner-Up) vs Andrew Macleod (Series 75 Runner-Up) (128 - 104)
    Preliminary #8 (11 January): Philip Aston (Series 78 Runner-Up) vs Noel McIlvenny (Series 77 Semi-Finalist)
    Quarter-Finals #1 (14 January): Jonathan Wynn (Preliminary #1 Winner) vs (Preliminary #8 Winner)
    Quarter-Finals #2 (15 January): John Cowen (Preliminary #2 Winner) vs Bradley Horrocks (Preliminary #7 Winner) <- Series 77 SF2 REMATCH
    Quarter-Finals #3 (16 January): Matthew Tassier (Preliminary #3 Winner) vs Tom Chafer-Cook (Preliminary #6 Winner)
    Quarter-Finals #4 (17 January): Thomas Carey (Preliminary #4 Winner) vs Zarte Siempre (Preliminary #5 Winner)
    Semi-Finals #1 (18 January): (Quarter-Finals #1 Winner) vs (Quarter-Finals #4 Winner)
    Semi-Finals #2 (21 January): (Quarter-Finals #2 Winner) vs (Quarter-Finals #3 Winner)
    Championship Final (22 January): (Semi-Finals #1 Winner) vs (Semi-Finals #2 Winner)
    Last edited by Ryan Lam on Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Bradley Horrocks
    Acolyte

Post by Bradley Horrocks »

Ryan Lam wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:37 pm As for Andrew, oh my your hair is even greyer than before (Sorry if I imply you're getting old...), but with old age certainly comes with wisdom, and you fought very, very hard to the point that you literally tied Bradley on every single round except for two!
    Thanks Ryan. You might be surprised to know he's in his early 30s. Grey hair can be fashionable, ask Callum Todd :P
    "And PANTIES, thank you for that, that cheers us up enormously" - NH
    Owen Carroll
    Devotee

Post by Owen Carroll »

You never disappoint Bradley. And an unexpected close game that was actually enjoyable and not scary! But commiserations Andrew who played a lot better than I did.
    Owen Carroll
    Devotee

Post by Owen Carroll »

To be clear, I was referring to your 4th heat and quarter final game when I said scary. Not your grand final against tom. I always knew that would be close
    Elliott Mellor
    Devotee

Post by Elliott Mellor »

"And a better one"....grrr…..our friendship is over :(

amazing game though, double century game indeed! Bra playing exceptionally well especially with that con spot, but well played to Andrew too - really gave him a run for his student loan there.
    Rhys Benjamin
    Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Round 2: “I’ll stick with an eight.”

What was the (presumably invalid) nine you were chickening, Bradley?
    The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...
    Elliott Mellor
    Devotee

Post by Elliott Mellor »

Rhys Benjamin wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:03 pm Round 2: “I’ll stick with an eight.”

fluorates I assume.
    Gavin Chipper
    Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

"AEROGEL"

"Sorry, what the fuck? I've never encountered that word before, nor have I ever heard a Scottish person speak."

That was a bit weird.
    Rhys Benjamin
    Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:33 pm "AEROGEL"

"Sorry, what the fuck? I've never encountered that word before, nor have I ever heard a Scottish person speak."

That was a bit weird.
    Susie had trouble understanding my declarations at times (LIPASE eg). Your point is?
    The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...
    Tom S
    Kiloposter

Post by Tom S »

That was a bit weird.
    Not the first time it has been on....
    Gavin Chipper
    Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Rhys Benjamin wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:40 pm

That was a bit weird.
    Susie had trouble understanding my declarations at times (LIPASE eg). Your point is?
    It just seemed quite clear to me, and I was surprised she struggled with it. I would have thought that AREOLAE was probably more in need of a spell check if anything, because someone could easily mess that spelling up.
    Bradley Horrocks
    Acolyte

Post by Bradley Horrocks »

Rhys Benjamin wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:03 pm Round 2: “I’ll stick with an eight.”

outflares. Andrew had pondered it too - I assumed my doubts were based on OUTGLARES being a word.
    "And PANTIES, thank you for that, that cheers us up enormously" - NH