Netflix reboots

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Netflix reboots

Post by Marc Meakin »

I see Netflix has rebooted Lost in Space and was wondering about over shows that could do with being remade.
Like Catweazel or Worzel Gummidge or maybe Blake's 7.
Do you have any shows that you would like to see redone ?
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Paul Worsley
Enthusiast

Re: Netflix reboots

Post by Paul Worsley »

UFO
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

I was thinking Utopia would have been a good reboot set in America, then I read David Fincher was all set to make it for Netflix but he asked for too big a budget. Shame, as it was one of my favourite channel 4 box sets ever
Mark James
Kiloposter

Post by Mark James »

How about coming up with new stuff?
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Mark James wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:00 pm How about coming up with new stuff?
Nothing wrong with new stuff, if it's original like Counterpart.
It might be an age thing but some of the best stuff of days gone by might look good with a modern makeover i.e. using technology to improve its look.

A bit like the brilliant 8 bit computer games that were highly original in concept but because of the technology being new looks , a bit naff now.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Since Indra has started to get into watching the old series with me, I'd love a new version of Knightmare. That shit would be mad.
Mark James
Kiloposter

Post by Mark James »

Marc Meakin wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:18 am
Mark James wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:00 pm How about coming up with new stuff?
Nothing wrong with new stuff, if it's original like Counterpart.
It might be an age thing but some of the best stuff of days gone by might look good with a modern makeover i.e. using technology to improve its look.

A bit like the brilliant 8 bit computer games that were highly original in concept but because of the technology being new looks , a bit naff now.
Even the video game thing I'm tired of. There's too many reboots. 8 bit and 16 bit games are usually the ones that don't require reboots. Their look is part and parcel of their charm and often the reboots make them look worse (Super Mario All Stars I'm looking at you).

It's the early 3d ones that look really crap compared to today that can get a boost with a graphical update but even then, very few games are worth playing again once you've been through them. Even a graphical update isn't enough. Plus they're rebooting stuff from the last generation that still holds up well graphically and just adding barely noticeable stuff like additional animations that don't affect the gameplay.