Blockbusters: Video Games and Internet themed

For all TV game shows, past, present and future, apart from the main event.

Moderators: JackHurst, Lesley Hines

Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Blockbusters: Video Games and Internet themed

Post by Graeme Cole »

I'd have thought a low-budget remake of Blockbusters themed entirely around internet and old-computer-game-related questions was a pretty niche interest, but I guess the Venn diagram intersection between fans of old technology and fans of old game shows isn't exactly small.

Enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv9HcIXlLH0

Bonus from a related channel: a Countdown conundrum-like game demonstrates that choosing an obscure word with low-probability letters is not what makes a conundrum difficult. I got SIPARPARAX and HOSEZLNCZS but not FARTPIGURE.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Re: Blockbusters: Video Games and Internet themed

Post by Ben Wilson »

Semi-related, but through that first video, I found this, which I couldn't be more chuffed about. :D
Mark James
Kiloposter

Post by Mark James »

Ben Wilson wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:56 pm Semi-related, but through that first video, I found this, which I couldn't be more chuffed about. :D
So this is out now. Have to say I watched the first two episodes and thought it was pretty shit. I love the Digitiser humour in print and some of the found footage stuff was good but I'm not getting this at all. Fat Sow in particular was always a firm favourite but the appearance on the show lacked any of the wit of the teletext articles. And the less said about Street Farter the better.

Biffo said episode 1 was a bit rough around the edges and that they found their feet more in episode 2 but I thought episode 2 was actually worse. It barely seems to even be about gaming really either. The set design is nice though.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

I've got the 48k Spectrum version of Blockbusters, but the questions are getting a bit dated at this stage.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Mark James
Kiloposter

Post by Mark James »

Episode three was much better. Still too much toilet humour for me (which i guess was always part of Digi) but it felt more like a gaming show with absurdist comedy rather than an absurdist comedy show with gaming elements.