Spoilers for Monday 26th March 2018

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Post Reply
Tom S
Enthusiast
Posts: 466
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:38 pm

Spoilers for Monday 26th March 2018

Post by Tom S » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:20 pm

SAMURAI as a R1 beater.

Tom S
Enthusiast
Posts: 466
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: Spoilers for Monday 26th March 2018

Post by Tom S » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:37 pm

Have been doing a "Dave Ryan" in terms of the letters games so far :) Though I had Enations in R5 , I opted to play safe....

Ray Wilding
Enthusiast
Posts: 297
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:32 pm

Re: Spoilers for Monday 26th March 2018

Post by Ray Wilding » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:48 pm

WOOFTER in R13

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 8296
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: Spoilers for Monday 26th March 2018

Post by Gavin Chipper » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:51 pm

Ray Wilding wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:48 pm
WOOFTER in R13
Pretty sure DC got that but decided to withhold it.

Ryan Lam
Acolyte
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:10 am

Re: Spoilers for Monday 26th March 2018

Post by Ryan Lam » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:03 pm

Tom S wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:20 pm
SAMURAI as a R1 beater.
There's MARSUPIA to take it one step further...

And what a bad miss forr me in R5 for ENATIONS...I had NATIONS...

Oh, and did anyone notice the continuity announcement failed at the very end? Looks like no voice came on...

Tom S
Enthusiast
Posts: 466
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: Spoilers for Monday 26th March 2018

Post by Tom S » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:23 pm

I could not keep the Dave Ryan thing up for all of it, but up to R12 is a good effort :)

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 8296
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: Spoilers for Monday 26th March 2018

Post by Gavin Chipper » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:34 pm

Tom S wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:23 pm
I could not keep the Dave Ryan thing up for all of it, but up to R12 is a good effort :)
What is the Dave Ryan thing?

User avatar
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter
Posts: 1121
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:44 pm
Location: Atlantic Canada
Contact:

Re: Spoilers for Monday 26th March 2018

Post by Johnny Canuck » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:53 pm

Tom S wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:23 pm
I could not keep the Dave Ryan thing up for all of it, but up to R12 is a good effort :)
I assume it's related to the fact that Dave Ryan scored 7 in every letters round in one of his games. I'd actually lobby to have that pattern known as the Len Goodman thing, personally.

MIRADOR in the DIORAMA/MORDIDA round to make it a clean sweep.
Q: What's black and white and 3D?
A: A zebra in Blender.

Tom S
Enthusiast
Posts: 466
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: Spoilers for Monday 26th March 2018

Post by Tom S » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:53 pm

Declaring 7s in all the letters rounds, as he did on his last show....

Tom S
Enthusiast
Posts: 466
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: Spoilers for Monday 26th March 2018

Post by Tom S » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:54 pm

Johnny Canuck wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:53 pm
Tom S wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:23 pm
I could not keep the Dave Ryan thing up for all of it, but up to R12 is a good effort :)
I assume it's related to the fact that Dave Ryan scored 7 in every letters round in one of his games. I'd actually lobby to have that pattern known as the Len Goodman thing, personally.

MIRADOR in the DIORAMA/MORDIDA round to make it a clean sweep.
That would be very apt, Johnny :)

Tom S
Enthusiast
Posts: 466
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: Spoilers for Monday 26th March 2018

Post by Tom S » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:01 pm

Amusing tweet by Rachel regarding today's show:

https://twitter.com/RachelRileyRR/statu ... 4771296256

Peter Mabey
Devotee
Posts: 987
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:15 pm
Location: Harlow

Re: Spoilers for Monday 26th March 2018

Post by Peter Mabey » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:49 pm

(100+7)x50x9/75+25 = 667 :)

Elliott Mellor
Enthusiast
Posts: 486
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:42 pm

Re: Spoilers for Monday 26th March 2018

Post by Elliott Mellor » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:40 am

Peter Mabey wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:49 pm
(100+7)x50x9/75+25 = 667 :)
If you legitimately got that, especially in time, that's amazing.

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 8296
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: Spoilers for Monday 26th March 2018

Post by Gavin Chipper » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:40 am

Tom S wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:53 pm
Declaring 7s in all the letters rounds, as he did on his last show....
And we were supposed to know that?

Peter Mabey
Devotee
Posts: 987
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:15 pm
Location: Harlow

Re: Spoilers for Monday 26th March 2018

Post by Peter Mabey » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:43 pm

Elliott Mellor wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:40 am
Peter Mabey wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:49 pm
(100+7)x50x9/75+25 = 667 :)
If you legitimately got that, especially in time, that's amazing.
Way out of time - took around half an hour after exploring blind alleys (2001/3 and 23x29 obviously weren't going anywhere, but 100+567 looked promising)

User avatar
Mark Kudlowski
Enthusiast
Posts: 427
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:15 pm

Re: Spoilers for Monday 26th March 2018

Post by Mark Kudlowski » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:56 pm

1st numbers alt: (9 x 50) - (25 - 8)

4th numbers alt: ((100 x 2) - 9) x (8 / (1 + 1))

Elliott Mellor
Enthusiast
Posts: 486
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:42 pm

Re: Spoilers for Monday 26th March 2018

Post by Elliott Mellor » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:51 pm

Peter Mabey wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:43 pm
Elliott Mellor wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:40 am
Peter Mabey wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:49 pm
(100+7)x50x9/75+25 = 667 :)
If you legitimately got that, especially in time, that's amazing.
Way out of time - took around half an hour after exploring blind alleys (2001/3 and 23x29 obviously weren't going anywhere, but 100+567 looked promising)
lmao reminds me of my sis on conundrums - always insists we pause it and then takes usually 10 minutes after asking "does it end in ER...etc" then when she finally gets it is really chuffed "I beat the contestants" :lol:

User avatar
Tony Atkins
Fanatic
Posts: 2129
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Reading
Contact:

Re: Spoilers for Monday 26th March 2018

Post by Tony Atkins » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:36 pm

Peter Mabey wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:49 pm
(100+7)x50x9/75+25 = 667 :)
The computer tells me you can also make 700 and then do 66/2 to make the 33 to take away.
Obvious once you know how...
CO MSO - Sunday 26th August in London

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests