Spoilers for Thursday 2nd November (Series 77, Prelim 87)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Post Reply
User avatar
Bradley Horrocks
Rookie
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:53 pm

Spoilers for Thursday 2nd November (Series 77, Prelim 87)

Post by Bradley Horrocks » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:30 pm

GINESTRAS as an alternative nine in R13

Got to feel for Dan there. He could’ve declared 400 and would’ve got over the line.
"And PANTIES, thank you for that, that cheers us up enormously" - NH

Tom S
Devotee
Posts: 540
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: Spoilers for Thursday 2nd November (Series 77, Prelim 87)

Post by Tom S » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:05 pm

He was the better player imo. But nevertheless, James did declare some very nice letters solves, but the numbers were definitely not as good. However,it is very unlucky to lose after a 17 point lead, a bit like how I threw 26 points away yesterday to him :x

User avatar
Bradley Horrocks
Rookie
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:53 pm

Re: Spoilers for Thursday 2nd November (Series 77, Prelim 87)

Post by Bradley Horrocks » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:06 pm

Close game but failing to score on any numbers round is usually unforgivable. If someone can get all the numbers against him, then James will be stopped.
"And PANTIES, thank you for that, that cheers us up enormously" - NH

Elliott Mellor
Devotee
Posts: 510
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:42 pm

Re: Spoilers for Thursday 2nd November (Series 77, Prelim 87)

Post by Elliott Mellor » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:22 pm

Bradley Horrocks wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:06 pm
Close game but failing to score on any numbers round is usually unforgivable. If someone can get all the numbers against him, then James will be stopped.
BRA!!
I'm in total agreement :)
Unless they're all impossible.

Declaring nothing on the last numbers was especially poor, you have to get at least one away on that, even though it isn't especially difficult.

Elliott Mellor
Devotee
Posts: 510
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:42 pm

Re: Spoilers for Thursday 2nd November (Series 77, Prelim 87)

Post by Elliott Mellor » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:22 pm

Bradley Horrocks wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:30 pm
GINESTRAS as an alternative nine in R13

Got to feel for Dan there. He could’ve declared 400 and would’ve got over the line.
He could have continued and fudged from there too if he'd added the 50 for 425 and taken away the others for 407.

User avatar
Bradley Horrocks
Rookie
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:53 pm

Re: Spoilers for Thursday 2nd November (Series 77, Prelim 87)

Post by Bradley Horrocks » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:50 pm

Ell! I nicked your new word for the 9 :P
Elliott Mellor wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:22 pm
He could have continued and fudged from there too if he'd added the 50 for 425 and taken away the others for 407.
Yeah, don’t know why you’d give up so soon. As for James, maybe it was nerves.
"And PANTIES, thank you for that, that cheers us up enormously" - NH

Elliott Mellor
Devotee
Posts: 510
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:42 pm

Re: Spoilers for Thursday 2nd November (Series 77, Prelim 87)

Post by Elliott Mellor » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:26 am

Bradley Horrocks wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:50 pm
Ell! I nicked your new word for the 9 :P
Elliott Mellor wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:22 pm
He could have continued and fudged from there too if he'd added the 50 for 425 and taken away the others for 407.
Yeah, don’t know why you’d give up so soon. As for James, maybe it was nerves.
Haha nice one :)

Would have had the lovely 9 PELOBATID (cheers Bra for teaching me!) if a final vowel had been picked r1.

Nerves or not though, it's still pretty poor to not score on a single numbers round - that's 40 points up for grabs and you can't waste it.

User avatar
Bradley Horrocks
Rookie
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:53 pm

Re: Spoilers for Thursday 2nd November (Series 77, Prelim 87)

Post by Bradley Horrocks » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:55 pm

Elliott Mellor wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:26 am

Would have had the lovely 9 PELOBATID (cheers Bra for teaching me!) if a final vowel had been picked r1.
Yeah saw that, I was annoyed that he picked a final consonant!
"And PANTIES, thank you for that, that cheers us up enormously" - NH

User avatar
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter
Posts: 1149
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:44 pm
Location: Atlantic Canada
Contact:

Re: Spoilers for Thursday 2nd November (Series 77, Prelim 87)

Post by Johnny Canuck » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:07 am

Elliott Mellor wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:26 am
Would have had the lovely 9 PELOBATID (cheers Bra for teaching me!) if a final vowel had been picked r1.
Won the duel on 11 Nov. due to learning this word -- thanks a million!
* Despite everything, it's still you.

Elliott Mellor
Devotee
Posts: 510
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:42 pm

Re: Spoilers for Thursday 2nd November (Series 77, Prelim 87)

Post by Elliott Mellor » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:11 am

Johnny Canuck wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:07 am
Elliott Mellor wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:26 am
Would have had the lovely 9 PELOBATID (cheers Bra for teaching me!) if a final vowel had been picked r1.
Won the duel on 11 Nov. due to learning this word -- thanks a million!
Haha I have Brad to thank for teaching me this one, thanks technically due to him :)

User avatar
Bradley Horrocks
Rookie
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:53 pm

Re: Spoilers for Thursday 2nd November (Series 77, Prelim 87)

Post by Bradley Horrocks » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:17 pm

Elliott Mellor wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:11 am
Johnny Canuck wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:07 am
Elliott Mellor wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:26 am
Would have had the lovely 9 PELOBATID (cheers Bra for teaching me!) if a final vowel had been picked r1.
Won the duel on 11 Nov. due to learning this word -- thanks a million!
Haha I have Brad to thank for teaching me this one, thanks technically due to him :)
If only it hadn’t come up in that game a while ago. I’d have had the duel to myself :P
"And PANTIES, thank you for that, that cheers us up enormously" - NH

Elliott Mellor
Devotee
Posts: 510
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:42 pm

Re: Spoilers for Thursday 2nd November (Series 77, Prelim 87)

Post by Elliott Mellor » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:53 pm

Bradley Horrocks wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:17 pm
Elliott Mellor wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:11 am
Johnny Canuck wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:07 am


Won the duel on 11 Nov. due to learning this word -- thanks a million!
Haha I have Brad to thank for teaching me this one, thanks technically due to him :)
If only it hadn’t come up in that game a while ago. I’d have had the duel to myself :P
Aww but it's good to help others:P

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests