Spoilers for Monday 17th April 2017

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Spoilers for Monday 17th April 2017

Post by Tony Atkins »

Alt to Jay's solve on 3rd numbers - (10+3)x10-8
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Re: Spoilers for Monday 17th April 2017

Post by Tony Atkins »

Lucky that "unwashing" was invalid as if he had gone for it, and it was valid, he would have scored 0 for using the N twice.
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Tony Atkins wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:09 pm Lucky that "unwashing" was invalid as if he had gone for it, and it was valid, he would have scored 0 for using the N twice.
0 points is 0 points, whether it's disallowed for one reason or two!
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

COLIN XII attendees who are good at Touchdown may have seen the exceptionally rare 9 that was one letter out in the DIOXIN round...

3rd Numbers Alt.: 25 * 8 - 75 - 3
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Johnny Canuck wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:25 pm COLIN XII attendees who are good at Touchdown may have seen the exceptionally rare 9 that was one letter out in the DIOXIN round...
What was it? You're spending too much time with Tony Atkins!
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Ah, figured it didn't fall under your "must tell" rule since the word didn't actually appear in the game. It was MINOXIDIL, which was one letter away from Round 7 as well as being the COLIN XII final conundrum. Did you go?
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Johnny Canuck wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:36 pm Ah, figured it didn't fall under your "must tell" rule since the word didn't actually appear in the game. It was MINOXIDIL, which was one letter away from Round 7 as well as being the COLIN XII final conundrum. Did you go?
I did indeed go, but I didn't remember the final conundrum. And I'm hoping to see you there next year.

The "must tell" rule isn't really a rule. I just find it slightly irritating when people refer to things without stating them. It's always going to get people asking "What is it?", even if it's only in their own heads, and I think it makes sense to post these things even if it's by changing the font colour or leaving spoiler space in case people want to have a guess at it (in which case I would also always repost the selection).
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:42 pmAnd I'm hoping to see you there next year.
Got a rather high price to pay if I do, but I'll try to make it.
Elliott Mellor
Devotee

Post by Elliott Mellor »

Johnny Canuck wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:25 pm COLIN XII attendees who are good at Touchdown may have seen the exceptionally rare 9 that was one letter out in the DIOXIN round...
I actually did spot that it would have been there but for one letter, which made me look very smart lol.

Anyone else get the impression that Berkan is really nervous?
Elliott Mellor
Devotee

Post by Elliott Mellor »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:15 pm
Tony Atkins wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:09 pm Lucky that "unwashing" was invalid as if he had gone for it, and it was valid, he would have scored 0 for using the N twice.
0 points is 0 points, whether it's disallowed for one reason or two!
Or even three, as I believe has happened on the show before.
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

FURTHERED for 9 if David had picked a consonant at the end of Round 12...
Stewart Gordon
Enthusiast

Post by Stewart Gordon »

Susie talked about expletives. I knew about the literal meaning being 'filler word'. According to Wikipedia, this includes something not mentioned in Susie's piece: words such as "it" and "there" when used as grammatical placeholders.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syntactic_expletive