Spoilers for Tuesday 4 April 2017 (Series 76, Prelim 61)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Spoilers for Tuesday 4 April 2017 (Series 76, Prelim 61)

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Nick mentioned in the introduction that Mandy had been on the show before without winning a teapot, but there has never been a Mandy Spencer according to the wiki. Presumably she changed her surname, probably due to marriage; there have been 7 Mandys on Countdown previously, none of whom have won teapots (2 were on before teapots were introduced, and the other 5 all lost their first games). Does anyone know which one she might be? I'll hold off making an article on her while I see if anyone knows.

RELIGATED as a beater in Round 1.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Re: Spoilers for Tuesday 4 April 2017 (Series 76, Prelim 61)

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Well it was 25 years ago so around 1992.

Also RUPTION as a beater in round 5 and RETAILED as a less obscure alternative to LITREAGE and UNIONAL as an alternative to LANOLIN.
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:52 pm Well it was 25 years ago so around 1992.
Most likely Mandy Lewis then. On the off-chance someone notices this is wrong and it's not actually her, please let me know in this thread and I'll update the wiki. Thanks.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Johnny Canuck wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:56 pm
Gavin Chipper wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:52 pm Well it was 25 years ago so around 1992.
Most likely Mandy Lewis then. On the off-chance someone notices this is wrong and it's not actually her, please let me know in this thread and I'll update the wiki. Thanks.
Seems realistic, as Mandy Lewis also got a 9-letter word, which she said she got when she was on originally.
Elliott Mellor
Devotee

Post by Elliott Mellor »

My dad, who normally is quite bad at the game and comes up with loads of invalid words, walked in the room in r10, looked at the screen and instantly said "what about RETINOL for 7?". Not the max, but still a pretty good find.