Spoilers for Tuesday 7th February 2017

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers for Tuesday 7th February 2017

Post by Gavin Chipper »

It could be two new contestants today. Find out by watching yesterday's game.
szodiac
Enthusiast

Re: Spoilers for Tuesday 7th February 2017

Post by szodiac »

Round 8: SXLEUIGWR. Carl (in the challengers chair) tries GRUELS, Susie declares it's a ^mass noun^ but allows it because the example sentences indicate there is more than one type of GRUEL. As it turned out it wasn't crucial. But... if at the end of the day all dubious declarations are down to Susie's judgement...

Mauro
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

szodiac wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:17 pm Round 8: SXLEUIGWR. Carl (in the challengers chair) tries GRUELS, Susie declares it's a ^mass noun^ but allows it because the example sentences indicate there is more than one type of GRUEL. As it turned out it wasn't crucial. But... if at the end of the day all dubious declarations are down to Susie's judgement...

Mauro
This shouldn't even have been up for debate. It's clearly allowed by the restaurant rule.

Also in round 10 GRAB + A gives GARBA. Only an equaller but it shows the benefits of stemming.

Also EMOTICONS as an alternative 9 to ECONOMIST. And JARHEAD equals BREADTH.
Last edited by Gavin Chipper on Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

I wonder whether Robbo spotted the alternative 9 in the ECONOMIST round...........? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :roll:
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Johnny Canuck wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:55 pm I wonder whether Robbo spotted the alternative 9 in the ECONOMIST round...........? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :roll:
Ruined with my edit.
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:53 pmAnd JARHEAD equals BREADTH.
Only one A there, buddy.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

Quite the restaurant that would sell gruel.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark
Zarte Siempre
Series 78 Champion

Post by Zarte Siempre »

Mark Deeks wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:56 pm Quite the restaurant that would sell gruel.
Heston is working on it as you speak.
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Zarte Siempre wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:16 pm
Mark Deeks wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:56 pm Quite the restaurant that would sell gruel.
Heston is working on it as you speak.
What about this?
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:55 pm
Johnny Canuck wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:55 pm I wonder whether Robbo spotted the alternative 9 in the ECONOMIST round...........? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :roll:
Ruined with my edit.
I did indeed. Always good to see😉😊😄😎

Also the most ridiculous method ever for the first numbers game: ((100 - 25 - 7) x 4) - (8 x 7) = 216