Spoilers for Tuesday 26 January 2016 (Series 74 Prelim 2)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Spoilers for Tuesday 26 January 2016 (Series 74 Prelim 2)

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Following that decent Championship of Champions, Countdown came back "Down" to Earth yesterday with carry-over champion Tim securing a second victory. Will luck and skill hold up for him today, or will we have our first new winner of 2016?

Someone unexpected is going to need to bite and do the recap, since the Tuesday slot appears to be vacant following Jen's retirement. Join J. Random Recapper later. Potentially a few weeks later.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Re: Spoilers for Tuesday 26 January 2016 (Series 74 Prelim 2)

Post by Jon Corby »

Love conundrum guesses that don't contain the right letters, moreso when they actually contain more than nine letters. I was truly spoiled today.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Jon Corby wrote:Love conundrum guesses that don't contain the right letters, moreso when they actually contain more than nine letters. I was truly spoiled today.
I always think it's strange when the second contestant buzzes in quickly only to get it wrong when they've got the whole time to themselves.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Jon Corby wrote:Love conundrum guesses that don't contain the right letters, moreso when they actually contain more than nine letters. I was truly spoiled today.
I always think it's strange when the second contestant buzzes in quickly only to get it wrong when they've got the whole time to themselves.
She clearly had one eye on the "cumulative conundrum buzz time" record.
Tim Down
Acolyte

Post by Tim Down »

I realised straight after buzzing that my guess was wrong. I should've kept my mouth shut about what I was going to guess.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Tim Down wrote:
I realised straight after buzzing that my guess was wrong. I should've kept my mouth shut about what I was going to guess.
:D

Alternatively, I lose on crucial conundrums all the time because I spend so long double-checking myself.