COLIN XII- Countdown in Lincoln, 30-31 January 2016

Discussion and announcements relating to unofficial Countdown competitions, held online or in real life. Observation, discussion, reflection, and other stuff ending in -ion.
Ben Wilson
Legend

COLIN XII- Countdown in Lincoln, 30-31 January 2016

Post by Ben Wilson »

Good evening c4cers

It's back.

The twelfth Countdown in Lincoln tournament will be taking place in North Hykeham on Saturday 30th January, and all are cordially invited to take part.

If you've never attended COLIN- or any other co-event- before, the format is quite simple. All the players are divided into groups of 3 where one player acts as 'host' whilst the other two play an old-fashioned 9 round game of Countdown. Everyone has a turn hosting (enabling everyone on the table to play the other two players once each), and after 3 of these rounds, when everyone has played 6 games and hosted 3, the top two players (sorted by number of wins, then by number of points scored) play in the grand final to determine the overall winner, and who gets to take home the COLIN perpetual trophy for the next year.

...And for the third year in a row, we're going to do it all again- well, 2/3 of it again- the following day (Sunday 31st January) at the third COLIN Hangover event. Same format as COLIN itself, only two rounds instead of three (there'll still be a final, though). As with last year, the Hangover will be a team event- it'll be white team vs blue team again, with every player on the winning team getting a small prize. And by 'small', I of course mean 'cheap'. Very cheap.

The hangover will be at the South Hykeham Village Hall, as it was for the past two years, but for 2016 the COLIN main event has found itself a new home- the Ark on Moor Lane, just a bit down the road from the previous venue. Click here for directions from Hykeham station or here for directions from the Thorpe on the Hill Travelodge, which is where all the cool people apparently stay. As always, COLIN will begin at 11:30 with round 1 starting at 11:50, to be all wrapped up by 6pm, and the hangover starts at 11:00 (5 minutes after everyone arrives, if last year is anything to go by) and finishes just after 2:30pm so everyone can get their trains.

The price for COLIN has, unfortunately, had to rise for the first time in several years- the main event will cost £12, the hangover will cost £8 and both events together will cost £17.50. But for that, in addition to entry into the oldest co-event on the calendar, you'll also get the 2016 edition of the COLIN puzzle mag (Lee Fisher is already hard at work on a crossword), a special free gift I'm hard at work on and possibly even more trinkets (probably pads and pens). The puzzle mag will just be a puzzle mag this year and not a sticker album- been there, done that, if you didn't come last year, your problem. I've still got plenty of sticker paper left over from that though, so there may be some sticking in of some sort.

The top 3 at COLIN will get free entry into COLIN the 13th and its hangover, and the top 3 in the COLIN XII hangover will also get free entry into COLIN the 13th's hangover

Further details on prizes, spot prizes and other freebies will be added in weeks to come, so keep checking back to this thread to see everyone boast about how cheap their Travelodge rooms were. I mean, to see news about the prizes.

And there's going to be a bit of extra-special news about COLIN XII coming in the next couple of weeks too, but that'll be slightly bigger- big enough to warrant its own thread. :)

And for the usual tl;dr- COLIN XII, 30/1/16, £12. The Hangover, 31/1/16, £8. Both: £17.50. Payment by paypal to hulla.mahulla@btopenworld.com............................................. or by cheque to my home address (available upon request).

Entrants so far (updated 29/1/16):

COLIN XII (46)-

Jon Corby
Graeme Cole
Alan Young
Zarte Siempre
Gevin Chapwell
Heather Styles
Giles Hutchings
Mark Mills
Tracey Mills
Jon O'Neill
May Battlefield
Callum Todd
Matt Morrison
Heather Badcock
Thomas Cappleman
Dylan Taylor
Eddy Byrne
Rose Boyle
Jack Worsley
Paul Worsley
Jennifer Steadman
Callum Pickering
Gerry Tynan
Mark Hartnett
Matty Artell
Thomas Carey
James Laverty
Stewart Gordon
Mike Brown
Lee Fisher
Anthony Endsor
Ryan Taylor
Michelle Nevitt
Chris Marshall
Andy McGurn
Mark Davies
Zubair Patel
James Robinson
Dinos Sfyris
Rob Foster
Richard Priest
James Wilson
Conor Travers
John Vivian
Jonathan Wynn
Andy Platt

COLIN XII: The Hangover (31)-

Jon Corby
Graeme Cole
Alan Young
Zarte Siempre
Gevin Chapwell
Heather Styles
Mark Mills
Tracey Mills
Jon O'Neill
May Battlefield
Adam Gillard
Callum Todd
Thomas Cappleman
Giles Hutchings
Eddy Byrne
Rose Boyle
Jack Worsley
Jennifer Steadman
Callum Pickering
Gerry Tynan
Mark Hartnett
Matty Artell
Thomas Carey
James Laverty
Stewart Gordon
Lee Fisher
Ryan Taylor
Michelle Nevitt
Chris Marshall
Zubair Patel
James Robinson
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Re: COLIN XII- Countdown in Lincoln, 30-31 January 2016

Post by Jon Corby »

In first and Travelodge booked at £54 for both nights. I've won all the important stuff.
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

As usual I will be offering lifts that you can all bluntly and unnecessarily refuse.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

As usual, I will be waiting until after the FA Cup 3rd round before confirming my attendance...

So, just the 5 month wait then.... :p
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Jon Corby wrote:In first and Travelodge booked at £54 for both nights. I've won all the important stuff.
Well getting Ben to start this thread when I'm not in is hardly fair. And now I'm in an airport, but when I do pay and the times are adjusted for convenience levels (like the age/sex rankings for parkrun) I will come out top.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Mark Deeks wrote:As usual I will be offering lifts that you can all bluntly and unnecessarily refuse.
Are you driving the official COLIN train from King's Cross? That would be awesome.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Mark Deeks wrote:As usual I will be offering lifts that you can all bluntly and unnecessarily refuse.
If you're bringing that thing you put up on Facebook I'm going to be creating extra lifts, not refusing them.
Anthony Endsor
Enthusiast

Post by Anthony Endsor »

As usual, I'll tell everyone I'm going, wait until the weather forecast the week before, see the forecast is snow, then decide not to bother after all. :lol:
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

We didn't get snow last year so fingers crossed for this one, right?
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

I've just sent payment for both (while in the Netherlands, so be impressed).
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Good news: Entries for both events are up to five.

Better news: I'll happily take entries at .co.mk this weekend.

Best news: The puzzle mag will include a crossword written by Lee Fisher.

:)
Tracey Anne Mills
Devotee
Location: The Series 72 Runner Up, The Crazy Cat Lady that lives my with two cats Freddie and Callie

Post by Tracey Anne Mills »

You can count me in :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :geek: :geek: :geek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:
Tracey 'Old Enough To Be My Mum' Mills aka Crazy Cat Lady and Cat Lover
Mark Mills
Rookie

Post by Mark Mills »

We will be there payment will be sent in next few weeks for me and Tracey Mills, we booked in at premier Inn Lincoln Canwick.. Friday till Sunday 2 nights all inclusive for us both £133 including eat as much as you want brekky.... :P :P :P
Married to Tracey Mills but please don't be put off. :D
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

One month after the last entry, Heather Styles brings entry figures to a magnificent seven for both events. Another magnificent forty-odd would be ideal, but every journey starts with a single step etc etc.

More details about COLIN- specifically prizes- will be revealed soon, both here and on the Facebook page. In the meantime, there is even more exciting news about co-events in general coming in the next couple of weeks...
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Three and a half months to go to COLIN and number have reached eight for the main event and seven for the hangover... And I had a fairly exciting delivery a couple of days ago. :) Normally at COLIN, my prizes either come from car boot sales or one of the eternal sales they seem to be having at The Works... This year I've opted for something a bit more special instead.

I've ordered twelve of these which will be given out to the top 6 at COLIN XII, the top 3 at the hangover, the top two overachievers at COLIN and the top overachiever at the hangover. :) These are (obviously) extremely limited edition so COLIN XII will be your only opportunity to get hold of them, and once they're gone (or if you break them again, Deeks), they're gone.

This isn't going to be the only special COLIN-branded surprise I have planned. More to be revealed over the coming few weeks. In the meantime, if anyone wants to contribute to COLIN and has a fondness for karaoke, please contact me by pm. :)
George Pryn
Acolyte

Post by George Pryn »

Ben Wilson wrote:Three and a half months to go to COLIN and number have reached eight for the main event and seven for the hangover... And I had a fairly exciting delivery a couple of days ago. :) Normally at COLIN, my prizes either come from car boot sales or one of the eternal sales they seem to be having at The Works... This year I've opted for something a bit more special instead.

I've ordered twelve of these which will be given out to the top 6 at COLIN XII, the top 3 at the hangover, the top two overachievers at COLIN and the top overachiever at the hangover. :) These are (obviously) extremely limited edition so COLIN XII will be your only opportunity to get hold of them, and once they're gone (or if you break them again, Deeks), they're gone.

This isn't going to be the only special COLIN-branded surprise I have planned. More to be revealed over the coming few weeks. In the meantime, if anyone wants to contribute to COLIN and has a fondness for karaoke, please contact me by pm. :)
if there's no lifesize cardboard cut-out of Jon Corby then I'm not interested
Thomas Carey
Kiloposter

Post by Thomas Carey »

Ben Wilson wrote: I've ordered twelve of these which will be given out to the top 6 at COLIN XII, the top 3 at the hangover, the top two overachievers at COLIN and the top overachiever at the hangover. :)
What if some of those are the same people?
cheers maus
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Thomas Carey wrote:
Ben Wilson wrote: I've ordered twelve of these which will be given out to the top 6 at COLIN XII, the top 3 at the hangover, the top two overachievers at COLIN and the top overachiever at the hangover. :)
I'll ask Jack if he wants to take two home, if not, I'll do a charity auction at the end of the hangover or something.
Jack Worsley
Series 66 Champion

Post by Jack Worsley »

Ben Wilson wrote:
Thomas Carey wrote:
I'll ask Jack if he wants to take two home, if not, I'll do a charity auction at the end of the hangover or something.
If you mean me, I'd better not. There are enough mugs in the Worsley household as it is.
Zarte Siempre
Series 78 Champion

Post by Zarte Siempre »

Jack Worsley wrote:If you mean me, I'd better not. There are enough mugs in the Worsley household as it is.
That's no way to talk about your Dad.
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

For anyone who hasn't booked the Travelodge yet, you can use the code WINTER22 to get 20% off Lincoln Thorpe-On-The-Hill on either/both the COLIN dates. It says there are limited rooms, so you may need to move quick. I've followed it through to payment (to test the code for those dates/location) and it takes the current price of £63 down to £50.40, meaning you also take the lead in the Lodge competition, so you probably owe me a pint or something.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Awesome spot! Come on Jim, be the winner!
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

-2.02% on topcashback = £49.38

One of the best prices seen in a couple of years since the awesome sale.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

I should point out you can't claim victory in the 'got Travelodge the cheapest' unless you actually Paypal me your entry fee as well. And COLIN XII itself won't have any sales. :p

Might have a few extra freebies if people get their entries in early enough, though.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Ben Wilson wrote:I should point out you can't claim victory in the 'got Travelodge the cheapest' unless you actually Paypal me your entry fee as well. And COLIN XII itself won't have any sales. :p

Might have a few extra freebies if people get their entries in early enough, though.
Actually, you know what, let's set a challenge. 40 paid up entries for COLIN XII and 24 for the hangover by December 31st means I'll buy another dozen mugs- all of which (save one that I'll keep for my morning tea) will be given out at COLIN or the Hangover.
Mark Mills
Rookie

Post by Mark Mills »

Mark and Tracey Mills payments sent for both days Ben...
Married to Tracey Mills but please don't be put off. :D
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Mark Mills wrote:Mark and Tracey Mills payments sent for both days Ben...
Yep- bringing COLIN XII to double figures with 3 and a bit months to go. :)
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

You've done Saturday to Monday. Whoops.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

You should pay Corby a tenner for showing you.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Also, he should have angled the screenshot slightly.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

OOF! Don't see Jono on the COLIN entrants list, thus invalidating his Lodge claim.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Jon Corby wrote:OOF! Don't see Jono on the COLIN entrants list, thus invalidating his Lodge claim.
I don't know how you'd get such a list.. do you contact the Travelodge directly? Or go through their Head Office? In any case I can't see them divulging such information as it would be in breach of their duty of data protection.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Matt Morrison wrote:You should pay Corby a tenner for showing you.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Got a whole bunch of these in the post today. Pretty impressive as I only ordered them on Thursday night. :) These will be one of the freebies given out on the day. They're A3 size but they will roll up. Or fold, if you have a personal grudge against me.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

We're up to 16 now- enough to start to get me more than a little excited! As always, there'll be a puzzle magazine given out free at COLIN, and as always, I'll happily accept any contributions for the magazine from anyone wanting to contribute a quiz or a puzzle. But not a crossword- Lee Fisher's got that sorted. :)
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

If you still haven't booked your Travelodge room yet, you can use the discount code BOOKJAN2 to reduce the £69 price (Friday & Saturday night) by 30% down to £48.30. No idea how long this may last.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

At a guess, Wednesday 2nd December.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Matt Morrison wrote:At a guess, Wednesday 2nd December.
Well yeah, but there's probably other limitations too, while stocks last etc.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Just two months to go, and already both events are up to 18 players! :D This makes the hangover half-full, so if you're planning on doing the double this year, you'll need to get your entry to me (and payment to the Travelodge as well, apparently) pretty quick.

I'll repeat my earlier request for puzzles for the puzzle magazine- I've already got a pretty healthy amount to be going on with, but a few more couldn't hurt. :) I'd also be interested to hear which ones are people's favourites- that way I can make sure they appear more often in both the Nottingham and Lincoln puzzle magazines.

Also, as usual, if you're able to bring along copies of the board game, please do so, as it'll make my stress levels much lower in the build-up to COLIN. :)
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

I regret to inform that this will be the first year I have to miss out on COLIN. I hope you all get absolutely battered on me and Corby and O'Neill get it ooooon.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Kirk Bevins wrote:I regret to inform that this will be the first year I have to miss out on COLIN. I hope you all get absolutely battered on me and Corby and O'Neill get it ooooon.
You doing The Masters in MK, per chance??
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Kirk Bevins wrote:I regret to inform that this will be the first year I have to miss out on COLIN. I hope you all get absolutely battered on me and Corby and O'Neill get it ooooon.
:(
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

May Battlefield
Laura Heyman
Genuiinely didn't get these and started Googling them
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark
Thomas Carey
Kiloposter

Post by Thomas Carey »

Ben Wilson wrote: Actually, you know what, let's set a challenge. 40 paid up entries for COLIN XII and 24 for the hangover by December 31st means I'll buy another dozen mugs- all of which (save one that I'll keep for my morning tea) will be given out at COLIN or the Hangover.
Bunp. I'll pay tomorrow or something which means we need another 16 this year. Get on it.
cheers maus
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Thomas Carey wrote:
Ben Wilson wrote: Actually, you know what, let's set a challenge. 40 paid up entries for COLIN XII and 24 for the hangover by December 31st means I'll buy another dozen mugs- all of which (save one that I'll keep for my morning tea) will be given out at COLIN or the Hangover.
Bunp. I'll pay tomorrow or something which means we need another 16 this year. Get on it.
Provided more people don't drop out. :-P :(
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Two more members of Team Ireland bring us up to 25 entries for the main event and 22 for the Hangover! There's still plenty of time to make the biggest- and obviously, the best- COLIN ever. I certainly can't do this by myself- COLIN is and always has been about the people, rather than things like the venue, the cheap crap I give away or even the Countdown itself.

Speaking of those things, in reverse order-

1. The Countdown. Isn't going to take place without people bringing along sets to play with, so if you can bring someone along, please let me know to set my mind at ease. As for the word source used on the day... The apterous dictionary will have the final decision on any and all queries, regardless of how updated it is at the time.

2. The cheap crap. For the sixth year in a row, I'll be doing a puzzle magazine, and it's just about done but I can probably squeeze in a few more puzzles if anyone wants to contribute.

3. The venue. As it's a new venue they have new rules to follow, and one of the rules is, obviously, no consumption of alcohol in the hall itself. There is a pub just across the road though. :)
Zarte Siempre
Series 78 Champion

Post by Zarte Siempre »

Ben Wilson wrote:The apterous dictionary will have the final decision on any and all queries, regardless of how updated it is at the time.
Oh cock off, don't let me get complained at - I've got fucktonnes to do for Mole at the moment, and I'm going to get bitched at if some letters are in and some aren't ¬_¬
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Zarte Siempre wrote:Oh cock off
It wasn't you either.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Ben Wilson wrote:1. The Countdown. Isn't going to take place without people bringing along sets to play with, so if you can bring someone along, please let me know to set my mind at ease. As for the word source used on the day... The apterous dictionary will have the final decision on any and all queries, regardless of how updated it is at the time.
What if it's simply wrong rather than not up to date? Like there's been an omission? Who would be more screwed in this case?
Jack Worsley
Series 66 Champion

Post by Jack Worsley »

I can bring a board game along. It doesn't have the traditional crappy board game letters distribution, though, so I hope it won't ruin things too much. I've brought it for the past couple of years, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.
James Laverty
Enthusiast

Post by James Laverty »

I can bring a board game along as well, it's missing the game board but that shouldn't be too much of a problem. I can sort out the letters distribution if people want a decent set
Definitely not Jamie McNeill or Schrodinger's Cat....
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

We're now at 26 for the main event and 23 for the hangover so numbers are looking good! 'Good-enough-for-a-second-batch-of-mugs' good? ...Might take some doing. Though I've found out recently that I'm not always getting the email alerts from paypal payments because BT is apparently self aware and hates me, so if you think your name should be on the list, ping me either here, on Facebook or by aptomail and I'll see where the cock-up's come from.

And see you in January! :)
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Tom 'Star Wars-like moratorium on spoilers' Carey brings us to 27 for the main event and the mug-meeting target of 24 for the hangover. Entries for the hangover will be capped at 36, so if you want to do both nights, you'll need to get your entries in quick!

Incidentally, COLIN XII already has more entries than 4 out of the first 5 COLINs. 3 more puts it ahead of COLIN 2011, 3 more on top of that puts it ahead of 2010 and 1 more on top of that will put it clearly into the top half of COLINs when based on number of attendees. That's just seven people who need to send me their entry fees... Reckon we can get that by Christmas? :)
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

One month to go until COLIN on the 30th, and today we got our 30th entrant (to the main event, anyway) in the shape of Stewart Gordon. Seven more, and we get more mugs... Twenty-one more, and I get my record back! :) Though I am, of course, too mature to worry about such things...
Dan McColm
Series 71 Champion

Post by Dan McColm »

Hello - there is a spare bed going for the Friday and Saturday nights. £25 in total, payable to danmccolm@hotmail.com. The only catch is you have to share with Andy Platt ;)
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

24 days to go and entry numbers currently stand at 38 (which is already the 4th highest ever for COLIN). That means we passed 37 by 6pm this evening, which means that I have twelve more of these winging their way to me, which means I'll have a whopping 24 to give away over the course of the weekend.

...Which means it's time to talk prizes. Before I get onto the subject of who's getting mugs, I'll first talk about badges. That's BADGES, with a B, not a... Never mind.

There'll be four on offer this year. The traditional conundrum god, for getting at least 5 out of 6 conundrums over the course of the main event (not counting tie-break conundrums), the around the world badges for scoring 360 points or more during the main event regardless of wins/finishing position (as in 360 degrees...), the COLIN to the max badge for getting a verifiable max game (available at both the main event and the hangover), and new for this year, the revenge badge, available for defeating anyone (again, during the main event or the hangover) who's ever defeated you before either at COLIN or on-screen- and with the CoC currently in full swing with three cracking games so far, there's plenty of opportunity for revenge to be had. :)

Now, the mugs. Ideally, I want as many different people to take them away as possible, so for the main event, the entire top ten will take away a mug each, as will the two highest overachievers (who finished 11th or lower), the winner of the now-traditional 'tuff luck' prize and the person with the highest losing score. At the hangover, the top 5 will all take away mugs*, as will the single overachiever*.

This totals 20 mugs dished out so far, leaving me with four left over. But never fear! I have a plan. I also have several sheets of sticker paper left over from COLIN XI's sticker album, and I've had an idea...

Inside the puzzle magazine, there will be a page which looks eerily like two blank letters games and a blank numbers round. Before the start of each round, everyone will be given 6 letters tiles and 2 numbers tiles to stick in their book whatever way they see fit.** The person who gets the longest two words (using Gevin scoring) and solves the numbers game, and who hasn't already won a mug, will win a mug!

The hangover will also have a sticker game, only this time you just get 6 letters before each round and no numbers, and there's just one letters round- a Hyper letters round. It is the twelfth COLIN, I have to celebrate that even if it is in the tiniest most insignificant way possible. Again: mug up for grabs.

So, that's 22 mugs given out, with two left spare. And they will remain spare, as this is COLIN we're talking about, which traditionally hasn't been friendly toward breakable things.

Still plenty of time to get your entries to me. :) See you on the 30th!

*If they already won a mug the previous day, I'll leave it up to them to decide what to do with it.

**Not naming any names here (apart from Jon Corby), but I fully expect people to go home with the word 'penis' written in their puzzle mags*** in sticker form.

***Or on their faces.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Ben Wilson wrote:Now, the mugs. Ideally, I want as many different people to take them away as possible, so for the main event, the entire top ten will take away a mug each, as will the two highest overachievers (who finished 11th or lower), the winner of the now-traditional 'tuff luck' prize and the person with the highest losing score. At the hangover, the top 5 will all take away mugs*, as will the single overachiever*.

*If they already won a mug the previous day, I'll leave it up to them to decide what to do with it.
If you want to give them to as many different people as possible, for the hangover, why don't you say the top five who haven't already won one and the biggest overachiever who hasn't already won one?

Basically, if you want to give them to different people, give them to different people!
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

19 days to go and we're at 38 paid up for the main event and 31 for the hangover, leaving just five free spaces for the hangover so if you haven't entered yet and you want in, don't delay in getting your entry fee to me!

If you're hesitant about entering COLIN- or indeed, any co-event- you really needn't be. Everyone is very friendly and virtually everyone goes away from each co-event having had a great time regardless of whether they win or lose. Plus, you get to meet Jon O'Neill. And Zarte Siempre. :) Obviously I'm not exactly objective about COLIN, but I'm sure- or, at the very least, I hope- there'll be plenty of people who will agree with me about the awesomeness of co-events (and COLIN in particular) in subsequent posts. Please.

See you on the 30th!
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Ben Wilson wrote:If you're hesitant about entering COLIN- or indeed, any co-event- you really needn't be. [...] Plus, you get to meet Jon O'Neill.
Actually, do you do refunds?