An "episode" that I don't believe was ever recapped

Any recaps from older series should be posted here. This forum is unlikely to contain spoilers, but recaps may contain "forward references" if they are written much later, so approach with caution.

Moderator: James Robinson

Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

An "episode" that I don't believe was ever recapped

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Hey all,

Just wondering... did anyone ever post a complete recap of the 5-round game that Chris Davies played against the Big Brother housemates in 2009? And if not, would they have records of it anywhere? I can't seem to find a recap of it anywhere on the wiki or forum. I know the conundrum was SEEAMOUTH and there are a couple letters and numbers maxes scattered here and there.

JC
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Innis Carson
Devotee

Re: An "episode" that I don't believe was ever recapped

Post by Innis Carson »

You might be able to recap it from this Youtube video if you want to - I only skimmed through it but it looks to be the complete game.

Did the Big Brother producers really think beating Chris was a reasonable expectation?
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

In most games, the consensus view is that the brains or brawn of a lot of people can always beat one. Which is true often enough, I guess. Seems they fell victim to that mentality and didn't think it through - it's a skill that can't be replaced en masse, only by other skilled folk. It's probably the same reason people think having a dictionary is a great advantage in the letters game, when it isn't, because where the hell are you gonna look?
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Innis Carson wrote:Did the Big Brother producers really think beating Chris was a reasonable expectation?
When Big Brother was on Channel 4, the audition process was very different. To get onto big Brother, you had to be able to run 100m in under 10 seconds, beat a world top 10 tennis player over 5 sets, and max three games of Countdown in a row.
Matty Artell
Rookie

Post by Matty Artell »

I suppose a good analogy would be the difference between 1 really strong person trying to lift a car and 10 normal people trying to lift a car, compared to 1 person and a car compared to 10 people and 10 cars. Sort of.
JimBentley
Fanatic

Post by JimBentley »

Matty Artell wrote:I suppose a good analogy would be the difference between 1 really strong person trying to lift a car and 10 normal people trying to lift a car, compared to 1 person and a car compared to 10 people and 10 cars. Sort of.
No, it's more like the difference between 1 really strong person trying to lift a feather and 10 subnormal wannabe starfuckers trying to lift a feather, except they don't actually know what a feather looks like and even if they did one of them would probably flush it down the toilet or something.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

It can't be the full game. Even if they were given 7 for that numbers game (50 x 100), there's 5 points "missing", in a sense, for Last Legs.
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...