(Men) sitting down for a wee

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

(Men) sitting down for a wee

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Recently, someone male who I used to respect greatly confided in me that they sit down for a wee. Am I right to think less of them after this revelation?
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Re: (Men) sitting down for a wee

Post by Ian Volante »

Depends if they've got a Prince Albert or not. I'm led to believe that pissing with one of those in place is akin to putting a hosepipe on spray.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

It depends on the circumstances. If, let's say (for argument's sake) a man approaching his 40's, got a bit tired and hurty knees from all the standing up then perhaps a sit down would do them good.
Dave Preece
Devotee

Post by Dave Preece »

I sit down all the time, especially whilst killing two birds with one stone.
Peter Mabey
Kiloposter

Post by Peter Mabey »

.. and in the 80's natural shrinkage leaves no alternative. :( :? :!:
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

When not using a urinal men should sit down. It's not possible to reliably aim into the bowl without spilling a drop, especially at the start or the end. Maybe it was when I was younger, I genuinely can't remember, and my recent attempts to observe small boys urinating has landed me in a lot of trouble. The state of the floor around most pissed-in (on) public toilets (including those at my work, a professional office environment) suggests I'm not alone.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Peter Mabey wrote:.. and in the 80's natural shrinkage leaves no alternative. :( :? :!:
I'm now worried that my willy's going to wither away :( Unless you mean you're only now about four foot tall, and would have to arc your pee into the bowl.
Jon Corby wrote:When not using a urinal men should sit down. It's not possible to reliably aim into the bowl without spilling a drop, especially at the start or the end. Maybe it was when I was younger, I genuinely can't remember, and my recent attempts to observe small boys urinating has landed me in a lot of trouble. The state of the floor around most pissed-in (on) public toilets (including those at my work, a professional office environment) suggests I'm not alone.
I don't think people try hard enough. I rarely miss, although the tedious problem of a seat at home that doesn't stay up makes it quite difficult not to splatter that now and again.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

I sit down to urinate when the option is realistically available and I have done my whole life.

I harbour no shame about this. To me, it is the infinitely more logical way to approach things. Of course, there are ignorant people on this planet who find this a comical thing to do, and who like to take the piss out of me about this. [Puns!] But it is they who are in the wrong. Their insolence and petty jealousy is the issue here. I am free to use my artistic license in life in whichever ways I choose. And it just so happens I express myself by sitting down to wee.

There are four main reasons as to why this is the case:

a) It is less effort. This one is possibly the most essential of the lot. I am not an exceptionally overweight person, but I am an exceptionally lazy one. And so while I could support my entire body weight while taking a slash, is it not a bit churlish to do so when a seat is on hand ready to assist? There are no other situations in life where I would choose to stand when sitting is a perfectly acceptable option, so why should this be any different?

b) When sitting down, you have the opportunity to read a book, or maybe do a crossword. Or a jigsaw, if you're posh. If you're standing upright, generally you need one hand to guide the hampton (or two if you're lucky), and so reading a book isn't exactly on the cards. How would you turn the page? There is a far greater risk of dropping the book in the lavvy bowl itself, and that's not going to be pleasant at any time, even pre-wee. You could maybe say that mid-wee isn't the time to be reading whether standing OR sitting (or lying down, if it's your thing), and you may have a point, but I can't go that long without entertainment. And I don't consider having a wazz to be entertainment.

c) You cannot miss if you are sitting down, as many men are wont to do when standing upright, or leaning forwardly awkwardly drunk. This can't-miss reason is particularly valid if you have an enormous penis, as you're then pissing directly into the water in the bottom. So now we know Jono does not have an enormous penis.

d) If you have no bowel control or just more than a passing interest in the cleaniness of your own arse, you can perform a brief wipe and tidy up simultaneous with the weeing, as the arse is already exposed. It could also be a good way to aerate your arse on an very hot day, something with which I'm sure we all struggle.

I maintain that it is the way to go. And if you are insecure about it and think it makes you feel like a girl, you probably have repressed identity issues and should probably get reassignment surgery rather than judge others for their logical ways.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

Also, sometimes after you're weeing, you realise you need a poo as well. Well guess what bros, if you're sitting down, you are RIGHT THERE. Primed and ready. So make that five glorious reasons why sitting to wee is the way forward. I shall not be oppressed by your bigotry.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Jon O'Neill wrote:Recently, someone male who I used to respect greatly confided in me that they sit down for a wee. Am I right to think less of them after this revelation?
Me too. What a coincidence.
Ryan Taylor wrote:It depends on the circumstances. If, let's say (for argument's sake) a man approaching his 40's, got a bit tired and hurty knees from all the standing up then perhaps a sit down would do them good.
Yes. If they can't stand for (realistically) under a minute and they also sit down for everything else they do.
Ian Volante wrote:I don't think people try hard enough. I rarely miss, although the tedious problem of a seat at home that doesn't stay up makes it quite difficult not to splatter that now and again.
If it goes non-straight straight out of the gun there's probably not much you can do, to be fair.
Mark Deeks wrote:a) It is less effort. This one is possibly the most essential of the lot. I am not an exceptionally overweight person, but I am an exceptionally lazy one. And so while I could support my entire body weight while taking a slash, is it not a bit churlish to do so when a seat is on hand ready to assist? There are no other situations in life where I would choose to stand when sitting is a perfectly acceptable option, so why should this be any different?
Less effort? I would argue that the effort involved in pulling your trousers and pants down (and up again afterwards), moving into the sitting position and having to stand up again at the end is far more effort than simply standing throughout. And anyway I fundamentally disagree with the premise that standing for a few seconds is "effort".
b) When sitting down, you have the opportunity to read a book, or maybe do a crossword. Or a jigsaw, if you're posh. If you're standing upright, generally you need one hand to guide the hampton (or two if you're lucky), and so reading a book isn't exactly on the cards. How would you turn the page? There is a far greater risk of dropping the book in the lavvy bowl itself, and that's not going to be pleasant at any time, even pre-wee. You could maybe say that mid-wee isn't the time to be reading whether standing OR sitting (or lying down, if it's your thing), and you may have a point, but I can't go that long without entertainment. And I don't consider having a wazz to be entertainment.
How long do you piss for? I'd like to do an experiment. Read, stop reading to have a piss, read. Or read, go for a piss while reading, carry or reading afterwards. In which situation would you get more read? Clearly the first. You waste time with all the faffing. It would have to be a very long piss for it to be worth it. I don't read when I have a shit. Reading when you piss is just ridiculous.
c) You cannot miss if you are sitting down, as many men are wont to do when standing upright, or leaning forwardly awkwardly drunk. This can't-miss reason is particularly valid if you have an enormous penis, as you're then pissing directly into the water in the bottom. So now we know Jono does not have an enormous penis.
You can piss through the gap under the seat onto your trousers if you're sitting down. That counts as missing, and it's worse than pissing on the floor.

Although I do admit that on at least one occasion, when I've stood up to have a piss, someone has decided to commentate on my piss, which could be seen as a drawback. (Any guesses who?) But that's more about being at a urinal than standing up per se. I could have stood up in the cubicle, which I do often do.

Conclusion: Stand up to have a piss. It's not about being a "proper man" or anything like that. It's about not being a cunt.
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

I would argue that the effort involved in pulling your trousers and pants down (and up again afterwards), moving into the sitting position and having to stand up again at the end is far more effort than simply standing throughout. And anyway I fundamentally disagree with the premise that standing for a few seconds is "effort".
Trouser removal requires next to no effort for me. I don't think I wear the same constant erection trousers with optional chastity belt that you do. Also, as we found out at CoLin, you weigh seven stone less than me, so no you wouldn't understand what an effort standing can be.
How long do you piss for? I'd like to do an experiment. Read, stop reading to have a piss, read. Or read, go for a piss while reading, carry or reading afterwards. In which situation would you get more read? Clearly the first. You waste time with all the faffing. It would have to be a very long piss for it to be worth it. I don't read when I have a shit. Reading when you piss is just ridiculous.
I measure my piss time in page count, and generally it's a one pager. Sometimes if I'm enjoying the book I'll remain reading it on the loo. I really think you're overestimating how much effort goes into sitting down on the toilet, which is literally a two seconds each way job in the right attire. Are you sure you're facing the right way?
You can piss through the gap under the seat onto your trousers if you're sitting down. That counts as missing, and it's worse than pissing on the floor.
I cannot imagine how this is possible unless you have a foreskinless one incher or a ridiculously thick toilet seat. I have certainly never done it and I don't consider myself especially skilled at pissing.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Mark Deeks wrote:
I cannot imagine how this is possible unless you have a foreskinless one incher or a ridiculously thick toilet seat. I have certainly never done it and I don't consider myself especially skilled at pissing.
It doesn't happen to me either (when I'm sitting down to have a shit so happen to be pissing anyway), but it has happened years ago. You're actually most at risk if you've got a semi, and you're stopping pissing - applying the brakes so to speak. You sometimes get that extra spurt when you brake don't you?
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

I just don't go for a piss with a semi. Not everyone is as constantly bonered up as you, remember that.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

It's all about sitting down, it's the best.
The only thing I have to add, the only occasional downside, is that sometimes I find once I stand up I fancy a little tiny bit more wee. I've always assumed this is - and here's the science bit - because your internal organs squash together that bit more when you're sat down. And fat.
Peter Mabey wrote:.. and in the 80's natural shrinkage leaves no alternative. :( :? :!:
I read this as meaning the 1980s which was enjoyable.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Matt Morrison wrote:It's all about sitting down, it's the best.
The only thing I have to add, the only occasional downside, is that sometimes I find once I stand up I fancy a little tiny bit more wee. I've always assumed this is - and here's the science bit - because your internal organs squash together that bit more when you're sat down. And fat.
Sometimes when I'm having a shit and obviously I piss as well at the same time, once I've finished everything, I do feel that there's a bit more piss to come out. If I do, I wait until I'm standing up again. It seems to be a more reliable and efficient way of doing it. I don't know why. Maybe as you say it's to do with internal organs and fat. But when I'm pissing there's definitely a point where you know the piss is going to clear out. If I'm sitting down and pissing and there's not much there, it doesn't necessarily reach that point. So you're constantly having to put effort into the piss. But stand up, and it will reach critical mass much more easily and the piss just flows out without extra effort.
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

You're obsessed by the effort thing, aren't you? I'm going to film myself pulling down my trousers and sitting down just to show you how easy it is.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
Mark James
Kiloposter

Post by Mark James »

There's so much from everyone here that I agree with, even people who are disagreeing with each other, and I can't be bothered to quote everything so here' my two cents. The plumbers installed my toilet wrong so the toilet is too close to cistern and the seat won't stay upright. It means I tend to hit the seat often, especially trying to get the last few drops out. It would probably be better if I sat down. I agree with Jon though that sometimes it can go through the gap, even without a semi (incidentally when I was a kid and I got one of my first ever erections without realising, I pissed right up my own nose). I also find it much more effort to sit down and the relaxation of sitting doesn't compensate for this. Sometimes I read when taking a shit but if you get engrossed you end up like Murtagh form Lethal Weapon 2 and your legs go too numb to get back off the seat so I tend not too. I also find I have to pee a few moments after standing up having finished a shit and it's only when I stand up that it becomes noticeable. According to Dara O'Briain you have a u-bend kind of scenario in your urethra so the best thing to do is to manually jiggle your perenium. Having to do this apparently becomes more common as you get older and could be sign of prostrate troubles. At the end of the day though I don't care what other people do. Whatever is comfortable for you is what you should do. All I'll say is if you do pee on the seat please clean it up. I understand all the pitfalls that can occur (rogue pubic hair in the japs eye causing the double stream is one of the banes of my existence) and sympathize but there's no excuse for not cleaning up after yourself.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Sounds like you need to clean your bell-end more often if rogue pubes are a regular problem.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Ian Volante wrote:Sounds like you need to clean your bell-end more often if rogue pubes are a regular problem.
What? How would cleaning your bellend prevent pube displacement in your pants?
Mark James wrote:I agree with Jon though that sometimes it can go through the gap
That was Gev, not me.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

A-lolled in the office at Mark pissing up his nose.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Jon Corby wrote:
Ian Volante wrote:Sounds like you need to clean your bell-end more often if rogue pubes are a regular problem.
What? How would cleaning your bellend prevent pube displacement in your pants?

It wouldn't, but surely if there's only one rogue one, you'd pick it off before commencing flow? Also, for me, pube/hog's eye interactions are at most a couple of times a year, a very rare problem. Maybe my pubes are better anchored.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Mark Deeks wrote:You're obsessed by the effort thing, aren't you? I'm going to film myself pulling down my trousers and sitting down just to show you how easy it is.
The thing about the piss flow is more than about effort though. Once it's flowing properly you know it's going to empty. But if you're constantly having to put the effort in yourself then you don't get the satisfactory end point and it might not empty properly.
Zarte Siempre
Series 78 Champion

Post by Zarte Siempre »

I sit down to wee where possible... mostly because anyone who has seen my level of balance, would be thankful...
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...
Mark James
Kiloposter

Post by Mark James »

Matt Morrison wrote:A-lolled in the office at Mark pissing up his nose.
Mission accomplished.
I exaggerated the frequency of the event for comedic purposes. It might have happened maybe twice.
Jon Corby wrote:That was Gev, not me.
So it was. I actually meant Jon O'Neill anyway as I thought he had said it.
Peter Mabey
Kiloposter

Post by Peter Mabey »

Ian Volante wrote:
I'm now worried that my willy's going to wither away :(
A further age problem is that an enlarged prostate reduces the flow from a jet to a trickle. :( :oops: :cry:
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Maybe I should put this in the coincidences thread but I'm at a friend's in the Netherlands and I've just gone upstairs for a piss because the seat on the downstairs toilet doesn't stay up.
Mark James
Kiloposter

Post by Mark James »

Gavin Chipper wrote:Maybe I should put this in the coincidences thread but I'm at a friend's in the Netherlands and I've just gone upstairs for a piss because the seat on the downstairs toilet doesn't stay up.
Similarly coincidental, I was given a link to this by someone on my facebook page who I'm sure is totally unaware of this converstaion.
Martin Bishop
Enthusiast

Post by Martin Bishop »

What about when you're in a train toilet?

Pissing in a moving carriage that can suddenly jolt or come to a screeching halt seems the most obvious situation where sitting down would be the more logical option. However, I still stand. I haven't really thought about why before. It may be to do with the disgusting nature of train toilets, but I think it's also because I enjoy the challenge.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Mark James wrote:
I exaggerated the frequency of the event for comedic purposes. It might have happened maybe twice.
I might have exaggerated my opprobrium at the cleanliness of your herman gelmet :shock:
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Guys. You've got a pint, maybe a pint and a half, of some smelly yellow unhygienic liquid that you need to dispose of down the toilet. Are you going to pour it from a few feet above the toilet, where it could spill, splash etc, or are you going to make sure it all goes in with no splashing?
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Jon Corby wrote:Guys. You've got a pint, maybe a pint and a half, of some smelly yellow unhygienic liquid that you need to dispose of down the toilet. Are you going to pour it from a few feet above the toilet, where it could spill, splash etc, or are you going to make sure it all goes in with no splashing?
A pint is a lot. That's not a normal piss. Plus it's not that unhygienic.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Jon Corby wrote:Guys. You've got a pint, maybe a pint and a half, of some smelly yellow unhygienic liquid that you need to dispose of down the toilet. Are you going to pour it from a few feet above the toilet, where it could spill, splash etc, or are you going to make sure it all goes in with no splashing?
So when you're pouring waste liquid away, you do it in a carefree manner some distance from the waste receptacle to allow for mishaps? Or did you just deliberately avoid answering the key part of the question?
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Jon Corby wrote:
Gavin Chipper wrote:
So when you're pouring waste liquid away, you do it in a carefree manner some distance from the waste receptacle to allow for mishaps? Or did you just deliberately avoid answering the key part of the question?
The second part didn't apply because there is no pint or pint and a half of some smelly yellow unhygienic liquid. If a tiny bit misses it's not the end of the world. Whereas being sentenced to sit down for a piss for ever more would be.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

I don't think aiming your piss from the height of about 2 feet into a large target is difficult at all. I could probably get it in from one side of the room to the other, although I might miss a bit at the end.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Jon O'Neill wrote:I don't think aiming your piss from the height of about 2 feet into a large target is difficult at all. I could probably get it in from one side of the room to the other, although I might miss a bit at the end.
The state of most public toilets suggests otherwise. For most people I mean, not necessarily you. Although you might actually be exhibiting the toilet-equivalent of the Dunning-Kruger effect - which I might coin the Dunny-Kruger effect from this point forward - which is probably to blame for the problem in the first place.
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

Two feet isn't difficult. But zero feet is an option very much available to you.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

I read the other day that the best way to keep your continence when you're old is to, when you're young and/or middle aged, consciously stop yourself midstream a few times every time. It toughens up the prostate muscle and gives you a better chance of holding it in down the road.

This is way easier to do sitting down. So add yet another stunner to the infallible list of reasons why sitting down is the way to go.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Mark Deeks wrote:I read the other day that the best way to keep your continence when you're old is to, when you're young and/or middle aged, consciously stop yourself midstream a few times every time. It toughens up the prostate muscle and gives you a better chance of holding it in down the road.

This is way easier to do sitting down. So add yet another stunner to the infallible list of reasons why sitting down is the way to go.
Why is that so much easier sitting down? I've done that before standing up, and it's, er, a piece of piss.
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

Presumably you are short enough and/or have such a ginormous whopper of a beast that your junk is pretty close to the toilet at all times. However, for the larger, choaded man *looks around awkwardly* there is quite the gap between lickstick and lavatory. To the naturally risk averse amongst us, you don't take on the gap unless you have to. And you don't.

Again, you can't miss when you're sitting down. You'd be a ruddy fool to miss when standing up, sure, but the risk is nil when seated. Nil. You can only miss if you do so on purpose. Even if you're drunk or high, as I know you often are.

Also, the other day, I was leaning forward on my knees having a read while sitting down to go, and for reasons I'm struggling to remember right now, flushed while still seated and prone. I was leaning so far forward that I ended up flushing the loo all over my balls. This seems relevant here, and to be honest is probably another plus point because it was really rather bracing.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

Mark Deeks wrote:Again, you can't miss when you're sitting down. You'd be a ruddy fool to miss when standing up, sure, but the risk is nil when seated. Nil. You can only miss if you do so on purpose. Even if you're drunk or high, as I know you often are.
Right, well, time for me to swallow a little pride here. I was sitting down to wee on Becky's loo the other day, without using a guiding hand because I was doing a book of arrowwords, and somehow wazzed all over the floor. It honestly defies physics how this happened, but it happened, and thus I am forced to back down unreservedly. I somehow missed from zero feet. I feel like less of a man now.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Mark Deeks wrote:
Mark Deeks wrote:Again, you can't miss when you're sitting down. You'd be a ruddy fool to miss when standing up, sure, but the risk is nil when seated. Nil. You can only miss if you do so on purpose. Even if you're drunk or high, as I know you often are.
Right, well, time for me to swallow a little pride here. I was sitting down to wee on Becky's loo the other day, without using a guiding hand because I was doing a book of arrowwords, and somehow wazzed all over the floor. It honestly defies physics how this happened, but it happened, and thus I am forced to back down unreservedly. I somehow missed from zero feet. I feel like less of a man now.
So you'll be standing up from now on?
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

No, I'm still fat and lazy. I'll just have to retire from arrowords.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Mark Deeks wrote:No, I'm still fat and lazy. I'll just have to retire from arrowords.
Not necessarily piss material, but there's other books for you to be reading...
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

Would you be OK with me sitting down to wee as long as I'm reading your book in the process, then?
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Mark Deeks wrote:Would you be OK with me sitting down to wee as long as I'm reading your book in the process, then?
Alright then.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Mark Deeks wrote:I was sitting down to wee on Becky's loo the other day, without using a guiding hand because I was doing a book of arrowwords, and somehow wazzed all over the floor. It honestly defies physics how this happened, but it happened
It's quite possible indeed, I should know. All it takes is a particular small penis on a small day, the gap between seat and porcelain is quite gettable if your willy is aiming almost directly horizontally.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

I still don't buy the lazy angle.

Squatting down and then back up is not lazy. It's an actual exercise. You're doing actual exercise that you don't need to do. It'd be like me doing jumping jacks when I'm taking a slash (and you'd better believe I'd still get every last drop of piss in the centre of the bowl).
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Sitting down is more restful than standing up. Standing up is more restful than squatting up and down.
The sitting down lasts longer and makes more of an effect to the overall restfulness than the squatting bit does, hence overall sitting is more lazy/relaxing than standing.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Matt Morrison wrote:Sitting down is more restful than standing up. Standing up is more restful than squatting up and down.
The sitting down lasts longer and makes more of an effect to the overall restfulness than the squatting bit does, hence overall sitting is more lazy/relaxing than standing.
How long are you sitting down for for these pisses? The average piss lasts less than 30 seconds. How much restfulness can you gain from 30 seconds of sitting? Not enough to overcome the squatting down and up, surely.

If you're sitting there for a few minutes then fine. But if that's the case you might as well go for a 30 second piss standing up, then spend the time you've saved relaxing properly with some meditation.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Jon O'Neill wrote:
Matt Morrison wrote:Sitting down is more restful than standing up. Standing up is more restful than squatting up and down.
How long are you sitting down for for these pisses? The average piss lasts less than 30 seconds. How much restfulness can you gain from 30 seconds of sitting? Not enough to overcome the squatting down and up, surely.

If you're sitting there for a few minutes then fine. But if that's the case you might as well go for a 30 second piss standing up, then spend the time you've saved relaxing properly with some meditation.
You mean you don't meditate while pissing?
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

I think I've already made the point that it's more effort to sit down for a piss than to stand up.

Edit:
Gavin Chipper wrote:Less effort? I would argue that the effort involved in pulling your trousers and pants down (and up again afterwards), moving into the sitting position and having to stand up again at the end is far more effort than simply standing throughout. And anyway I fundamentally disagree with the premise that standing for a few seconds is "effort".
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Gavin Chipper wrote:I think I've already made the point that it's more effort to sit down for a piss than to stand up.

Edit:
Gavin Chipper wrote:Less effort? I would argue that the effort involved in pulling your trousers and pants down (and up again afterwards), moving into the sitting position and having to stand up again at the end is far more effort than simply standing throughout. And anyway I fundamentally disagree with the premise that standing for a few seconds is "effort".
So?
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Jon O'Neill wrote:
Gavin Chipper wrote:I think I've already made the point that it's more effort to sit down for a piss than to stand up.

Edit:
So?
Just saying, you cunt. Cos you were all like "Hey, I've just thought - How much restfulness can you gain from 30 seconds of sitting? Not enough to overcome the squatting down and up, surely."
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Jon O'Neill wrote:
So?
Just saying, you cunt. Cos you were all like "Hey, I've just thought - How much restfulness can you gain from 30 seconds of sitting? Not enough to overcome the squatting down and up, surely."
You tedious prick.

Anyway I haven't heard from any of the Sitters since I made the argument more convincingly than it had been made previously, so I can only assume I've talked them round.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

If I play a game on my phone/read or something, I'll pee twice within the three or four minutes that I'm sat there. I don't think this is normal or healthy though.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Jon Corby wrote:If I play a game on my phone/read or something, I'll pee twice within the three or four minutes that I'm sat there. I don't think this is normal or healthy though.
Bit weird.
JimBentley
Fanatic

Post by JimBentley »

Jon Corby wrote:If I play a game on my phone/read or something, I'll pee twice within the three or four minutes that I'm sat there. I don't think this is normal or healthy though.
It's possibly because you subconsciously cut off the piss midflow and before its natural end, because at the back of your mind you know that you need a bit more time to finish reading or playing whatever it is you're reading or playing. Then once that distraction's out of the way, the urge will naturally return to finish the piss. It's really two halves of the same piss, broken by a combination of mental and pelvic muscle control.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Jon O'Neill wrote: You tedious prick.
You odious cock.
David Barnard
Enthusiast

Post by David Barnard »

Ok this topic has interested me so I thought it only fair to add my 2 pennys worth.

I have always peed standing when at the toilet and an effective way to aim reliably is to stand fairly close to the bowl and use gravity to guide it into the bowl, the only thing that can disrupt the aim as said earlier is a rogue pube and that's only happened once EVER. The further away you stand from the bowl the more you have to arc it in and that brings a fair few variables into the equation.

By my calculations (obviously this is an estimate and about 4 pees a day since being 14 years old where this may have first been a variable) I have peed around 2920 days which equates to 11,680 pees. The one fail means the fail rate is 0.009%, I'll take that
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

David Barnard wrote:use gravity to guide it into the bowl
This gives the impression you're peeing up into the air and allowing gravity to take its toll.