Pointless experience

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Tom
Acolyte

Pointless experience

Post by Tom »

Hi guys,

I am wondering if any of you on here have been on/auditioned to go on Pointless in the past and if so, what was the experience like?

I've never been on any other show outside of Countdown and have always thought of doing something else and Pointless is one of those shows I would definitely be interested in having a crack at. For any of you who have, what did the audition consist of and if you remember, how long did you have to wait before sending your application off and having an audition date?
Probably the second tallest ever series finalist.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Re: Pointless experience

Post by James Robinson »

Well, I've had the full works, so I can give you an idea.

I sent off an application literally 3 days before the cut-off date, and 6 days later we were given an audition date, which was 2 weeks later.

The audition, assuming it is unchanged (I've had 2 and they were the same, just different subjects), involves you and 4 other pairs taking part in 3 rounds of the game.

Rounds 1 and 2 were your basic rounds, although one person did round 1 and the other did round 2. You're given the 2 subjects beforehand, and you choose before the first question, who does which one.

After that the scores are tallied and then for round 3, you are allowed to confer and give one answer for a final subject. The order is in reverse order, so the pair with the most points goes first, and the pair with the least points go last.

Then afterwards, some of the pairs are invited back for a chat and you a good full discussion about how you know your partner, what you like about the show, etc.

I then found a week later that we were on the shortlist. And then a couple of weeks after that we were told we were on, and days after that we were told to head down to record and the rest is history. :D

Hope that helps, Tom. ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)