Countdown break

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Julie T
Kiloposter

Countdown break

Post by Julie T »

For anyone who missed Nick's announcement on Friday, Countdown will be having a four week break, back on Monday 17th September.

It appears to be a delayed summer break, coinciding with Channel 4 racing and Paralympic coverage.
"My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me." Benjamin Disraeli
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Re: Countdown break

Post by James Robinson »

Well, not quite.................

It seems that next week, we'll be treated to 2 Countdown specials. 8-)

The first one on Thursday the 13th, will feature our very own Kerry-Anne Alcock, who will be facing off against Gerri Kostrzewa in a "Females Who Won Matches In Series 66" Special.

And the second one, shown on the following day, will be a husband and wife match between Mr & Mrs X, since I have no clue who it's between. :P

Any extra info would be much appreciated. 8-)
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Re: Countdown break

Post by James Robinson »

Having looked up the schedules, it seems that the series will be taking another break a week on Friday, as another special will be broadcast.

And what a cracker it promises to be too, as it's the battle of two of the more maturer members of Countdown's recent history.

The matchup is between Series 65 quarter-finalist and Only Connect contestant, Dave Taylor, and Series 66 semi-finalist, Peter Lee. 8-)