Cyphers and letters test

Cerebral distractions of every kind, mostly but not exclusively Countdown-related.

Moderator: Michael Wallace

Francisco Segura

Cyphers and letters test

Post by Francisco Segura »

Hello all, I would like to share with you a game programmed by myself several years ago.

I decided to do this game for training before participate on spanish version of countdown.

I defeated 116 opponents in a row ( I think this is an international record ) and friends of mine who played this test defeated many people too.

I have been learning AS3 programming language in order to create a game playable on a website.

Last sunday I uploaded the game to kongregate server and now i hope people enjoy with it.

You can play as guest and see if you like it or
You can register for free and play with stats ( best score, total score and games played ).

Registered players can valorate games. I would appreciate very much if you give 5 stars to this game.

To play "Test CL" follow this link: http://www.kongregate.com/games/scraule ... r=scrauler
SCRAULER
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Re: Cyphers and letters test

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Hmm, not bad. I was disappointed though in my first (and only) game that it disallowed POSTERIZE, which is valid according to the ODE.
Francisco Segura

I don't know why posterize is not in the dictionary of the game. I usually play spanish version and so don't check if any word is missing. Sorry for that.

I hope you don't find missing words anymore. It is amazing you have discovered this in your first game!!
SCRAULER
Thomas Carey
Kiloposter

Post by Thomas Carey »

Woo! Awesome, and even more so for using Kongregate! I'm addicted to it (level 39), and there are very few word games on there so seeing this was amazing. 5/5'd and favourited. Hope it gets badges! :D

Btw I was 12 when I got my account so ignore the stupid username. I use Mop3476 as my real internet username now, but unfortunately you can't change it. Ah well.
cheers maus
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Francisco Segura wrote:I hope you don't find missing words anymore. It is amazing you have discovered this in your first game!!
In my second game I had BLOGGED disallowed. :(
Francisco Segura

Thomas Carey wrote:Woo! Awesome, and even more so for using Kongregate! I'm addicted to it (level 39), and there are very few word games on there so seeing this was amazing. 5/5'd and favourited. Hope it gets badges! :D
Thanks a lot.

Badges, I am thinking about it. It sounds great.

You have seen 1.0 lite version, I have a pro version with head-to-head stats, numbers round ranking, percentages, ...

First of all, get a better list of words. This version has more english words than spanish version and it looks there are still too many words missing!

The game detect your browser language so you can play with spanish or english words automatically. Maybe I must do a different ranking for english and spanish players.
SCRAULER
Mark James
Kiloposter

Post by Mark James »

Francisco Segura wrote: I hope you don't find missing words anymore. It is amazing you have discovered this in your first game!!
My very first game and I got 0 points for morphed.
Thomas Carey
Kiloposter

Post by Thomas Carey »

Mark James wrote:
Francisco Segura wrote: I hope you don't find missing words anymore. It is amazing you have discovered this in your first game!!
My very first game and I got 0 points for morphed.
Don't want to be one, but WHINGER also isn't in.
cheers maus
Francisco Segura

I am working in a better list of words for the next version of the game. Sorry for that.
SCRAULER
Francisco Segura

Test CL 1.1 is uploaded to kongregate!

- added some words to the dictionary.
- added a link to this forum inside the game (you can see it every time you finish a game).

... and more changes, test it and tell me what you think.

Thanks a lot.
SCRAULER
David Barnard
Enthusiast

Post by David Barnard »

Very good Francisco, my weakness is spotting 9's and there is alot more 9's available in there than a normal countdown game so I get practise on spotting it
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

David Barnard wrote:Very good Francisco, my weakness is spotting 9's and there is alot more 9's available in there than a normal countdown game so I get practise on spotting it
http://www.apterous.org/viewformat.php?format=178
David Barnard
Enthusiast

Post by David Barnard »

Ryan Taylor wrote:
David Barnard wrote:Very good Francisco, my weakness is spotting 9's and there is alot more 9's available in there than a normal countdown game so I get practise on spotting it
http://www.apterous.org/viewformat.php?format=178
Oh fuck, my brain is literally in meltdown :D :D
David Barnard
Enthusiast

Post by David Barnard »

On a serious note I can spot good 7's and good 8's but I'm not great at spotting 9's at all, you will all see what I mean at CobliviLon