200 Reviews... and bowling out.

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
DaveC
Acolyte

200 Reviews... and bowling out.

Post by DaveC »

Hiyo everyone...

Hope all is well. If you check out http://www.apterous.org/cdb/sitestats.php you'll see that with the most recent games included I'm on 192 reviews. My inclination is to stop at 200. I wondered if anyone wanted the Friday role, or is there a general shortage of people wanting to do reviews?

200 spanning over 4 years (broadly every Friday) is quite a contribution, I hope we agree. Life is having a few changes, and getting back for a Friday afternoon show on British TV might not always be all that possible. I'm aware of 4oD and all that but not too interested.

So if anyone would like the Friday reviewer spot as of mid November and off into the sunset.... therefore doing the series final, and potentially a C of C final as well, it'd be cool to have that lined up.

Dave C
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Re: 200 Reviews... and bowling out.

Post by Jon O'Neill »

That's cool -- 200 in 4 years is certainly something to be proud of. Well done indeed.
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

200 recaps is indeed quite an achievement, so very well done to you Dave :).

I would like to put my name down please Dave and I would also be more than happy to rotate the Friday recaps with other people, if anyone else wants to put their names down too :D.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Well done, Dave, I don't think anyone can complain if you declare on 200 (and who knows, maybe a second innings some day.)

My stint of Mondays will come to an end soon too, so if Jim and Veronica are still on hiatus then that will also be up for grabs.
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

Dave, you are a great man!
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

200 recaps in little over four and a half years is a truly amazing feat. Especially when one remembers that the show took a month's break this year, and a four month break three years ago. Well done Dave. I remember when I first joined it was the recaps from you and from Jim and Veronica that I noticed most. Fridays will never be the same again.

As for the possibility of Monday becoming vacant too, I'm prepared to offer a 50% share on that day, that is if Jim and Veronica are not back and if there's nobody who's looking to do it full time. I would offer to timeshare Fridays with you Joseph, but I tend to be away more than I'm at home on a Friday, and would therefore not be able to put in my fair share of the work.
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

It certainly is, Howard!

That's why Dave is great!
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Howard Somerset wrote:200 recaps in little over four and a half years is a truly amazing feat. Especially when one remembers that the show took a month's break this year, and a four month break three years ago. Well done Dave. I remember when I first joined it was the recaps from you and from Jim and Veronica that I noticed most. Fridays will never be the same again.

As for the possibility of Monday becoming vacant too, I'm prepared to offer a 50% share on that day, that is if Jim and Veronica are not back and if there's nobody who's looking to do it full time. I would offer to timeshare Fridays with you Joseph, but I tend to be away more than I'm at home on a Friday, and would therefore not be able to put in my fair share of the work.
No worries Howard, I will find someone to help me out with Friday's :D