Twin packs

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Twin packs

Post by Michael Wallace »

For some reason, plenty of Mr Kipling slices are packaged such that a packet of six slices are split into three 'twin pack' subcontainers. This means that it is quite awkward if you only want to eat one. Firstly, because of the nature of the twin pack packaging, you cannot 'slide it out' like you can with a regular packet of this kind, thus mostly sealing the cakes in their original plastic sleeve. Secondly (and more importantly), the twin pack clearly implies that you should be eating two of them, even though the portion mentioned on the box is only one slice. How can you leave half a twin pack uneaten? It's untidy at best.

Why do they do this? Is it to encourage you to be a fatty and eat more of the product (and at the same time overlook how small an individual slice actually is)? Is it to encourage you to share them with your friends? Is it just to highlight that you don't have any friends, you loser, why don't you eat some more cake, at least cake is your friend?
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Re: Twin packs

Post by Matt Morrison »

I've seen my gran and granddad with these and they have one slice each out of the twin bit. So that's fucking cute.
Julie T
Kiloposter

Post by Julie T »

It is a bit daft. With 6 people in my home, there's usually no problem with the other cake not being eaten, but it is a bit awkward all the same.

At least Kipling's Angel cakes now come in individual 'snap' packs of 6. Hopefully this is the way they'll be going with the rest of the varieties.
"My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me." Benjamin Disraeli
Jimmy Gough
Devotee

Post by Jimmy Gough »

I just eat both and feel pretty happy.
Thomas Carey
Kiloposter

Post by Thomas Carey »

This isn't really about cake but about a month ago there was and advert in the paper for Nature Valley bars and it said:

We wanted to increase the freshness by 200% so we put two bars in each pack.

The dodgy maths means there was only two thirds of a bar in the original packs. :lol:
cheers maus