Countdown Birthdays

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Joseph Krol
Kiloposter

Countdown Birthdays

Post by Joseph Krol »

After reading a comment by Jono on a recap I suddenly started wondering about the Countdown games broadcast on birthdays. Were you born on a series final day? Were you born on a week-end? Were you born long, long ago (before November 1982)?
Thomas Carey
Kiloposter

Re: Countdown Birthdays

Post by Thomas Carey »

Weekend. :cry:
cheers maus
Soph K
Devotee

Post by Soph K »

what about me joseph what about me?????? (i have no idea how to find out myself so ill just give me big bro the job-jobbedy!(i like the word(s) job-jobbedy!!!!!!))
One Direction are my life. <3
"The reason for life is to find out who you are"
"It always seems impossible until it's done" :)
Love loads of celebs to be honest... Might marry Nicky Maccy :P
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Joseph Krol wrote:Were you born on a series final day?
No.
Joseph Krol wrote:Were you born on a week-end?
No.
Joseph Krol wrote:Were you born long, long ago (before November 1982)?
No. Next.[/quote]
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

I was born just 15-ish hours before Vic Foster secured his fourth win.
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

As has been observed quite a few times, I was born on the day Sandie Simonis (Miss Indonesia) first appeared. Don't think she posts here any more though.
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Charlie Reams wrote:As has been observed quite a few times, I was born on the day Sandie Simonis (Miss Indonesia) first appeared.
Off-topic, but I don't know where else to post it:

It appears that somebody (not me) has attempted to add a picture of me to my page on the Countdown Wiki. However, all that is actually visible is a large grey box containing the words "Error creating thumbnail: libgomp: Thread creation failed: Resource temporarily unavailable". Some people may feel that this is preferable to an actual picture of me, or indeed even that it is in some way a better, truer representation of me than any mere photographic likeness could ever be. Anyway, just thought I'd mention it in case the person responsible feels like fixing it, or removing it, either of which would meet with my approval.
Oliver Garner
Series 62 Champion

Post by Oliver Garner »

5 days after a certain Damian Eadie won his series. (My birthday was in a 3 month break between series)
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Phil Reynolds wrote:
Charlie Reams wrote:As has been observed quite a few times, I was born on the day Sandie Simonis (Miss Indonesia) first appeared.
Off-topic, but I don't know where else to post it:

It appears that somebody (not me) has attempted to add a picture of me to my page on the Countdown Wiki. However, all that is actually visible is a large grey box containing the words "Error creating thumbnail: libgomp: Thread creation failed: Resource temporarily unavailable". Some people may feel that this is preferable to an actual picture of me, or indeed even that it is in some way a better, truer representation of me than any mere photographic likeness could ever be. Anyway, just thought I'd mention it in case the person responsible feels like fixing it, or removing it, either of which would meet with my approval.
That would be me. Some of these photos have been very fiddly in the uploading process, so it's nice to know that some people check on their pages occasionally.

Will try and sort ASAP. 8-)
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

It seems there's a bug in the wiki software which sometimes causes it to choke on image resizes. I think the workaround is to give it plenty of time between each image upload and [[image]] inclusion.
Peter Mabey
Kiloposter

Post by Peter Mabey »

I was born on the same day as Henry Djanik :?
who he? :?:

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Henry_Djanik

Oh :!:
Soph K
Devotee

Post by Soph K »

Ben Wilson wrote:
Joseph Krol wrote:Were you born on a series final day?
No.
Joseph Krol wrote:Were you born on a week-end?
No.
Joseph Krol wrote:Were you born long, long ago (before November 1982)?
No. Next.
[/quote]
when were you born then? WERE you even born? ...or were you just born yesterday? hmm...
One Direction are my life. <3
"The reason for life is to find out who you are"
"It always seems impossible until it's done" :)
Love loads of celebs to be honest... Might marry Nicky Maccy :P
Mike Brown
Legend

Post by Mike Brown »

I was born WAAAY before Countdown started, but Susie first appeared in DC on my 25th birthday, which I quite like. :)
Adam Gillard
Kiloposter
Location: About 45 minutes south-east of Thibodaux, Louisiana

Post by Adam Gillard »

Joseph Krol wrote:After reading a comment by Jono on a recap I suddenly started wondering about the Countdown games broadcast on birthdays. Were you born on a series final day? Were you born on a week-end? Were you born long, long ago (before November 1982)?
Due to the French Revolution, Friday's Countdown had to be postponed to Saturday, the date of my birth. The French Revolution started in 1789. Shows my age I suppose.
Mike Brown: "Round 12: T N R S A E I G U

C1: SIGNATURE (18) ["9; not written down"]
C2: SEATING (7)
Score: 108–16 (max 113)

Another niner for Adam and yet another century. Well done, that man."
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

James Robinson wrote:
Phil Reynolds wrote:It appears that somebody (not me) has attempted to add a picture of me to my page on the Countdown Wiki. However, all that is actually visible is a large grey box containing the words "Error creating thumbnail: libgomp: Thread creation failed: Resource temporarily unavailable".
Will try and sort ASAP. 8-)
Cheers James, it now says

"Error creating thumbnail: convert: MemoryAllocationFailed `Cannot allocate memory' @ exception.c/AcquireExceptionInfo/108.
convert: UnableToAcquireString `Cannot allocate memory' @ string.c/ConstantString/637.
convert: MemoryAllocationFailed `Cannot allocate memory' @ hashmap.c/NewLinkedList/1411."

which is much more exciting.