Any updates on the show's future (if any)?

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Martin Smith
Acolyte

Any updates on the show's future (if any)?

Post by Martin Smith »

Is there anything official about what happens when Des and Carol leave? Will the current series be filmed as planned, is there a reason for the current 4-week gap (hosts absent or a shortage of contestants?) Will the current 'male host, female hostess/maths whizz, Susie in DC with a different guest every week' format be retained? Personally I wonder if you could have a guest host each week, with Susie doing the words, a new maths woman, and Alison Heard drawing the letters (as anyone who filmed while she was on will attest, she was VERY slim). Will there be a gap between the end of this series and the start of the next one? Will the 6-months-a-series 8-finalist format remain the same?
Damian E
Enthusiast

Re: Any updates on the show's future (if any)?

Post by Damian E »

Ask the Daily Star, they seem to know it all :mrgreen:
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

One thing we know for sure is that Bradley Walsh might be the new host of Countdown.
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Post by David O'Donnell »

Jason Larsen wrote:One thing we know for sure is that Bradley Walsh might be the new host of Countdown.
It isn't possible that Bradley Walsh will be host of Countdown even in an infinite number of universes - someone has been having a little joke with you, Jason.
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

I'm sorry, David!

I was doing what I thought was accurately predicting the foreseeable future of Countdown when in fact I was not.

David, if you're in a silly mood you can sing my sad version of, "We Love Countdown!"