Project: Contestant Information

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Joseph Krol
Kiloposter

Project: Contestant Information

Post by Joseph Krol »

Hello people,

I have spent quite a while today adding information from Mike's notes about the contestants from series 25 onto the corresponding Wiki pages. Wondering if anyone else would like to have a go at this as quite a lot of the contestant pages are untouched since they were created as skeleton pages and have short descriptions of the people normally just including the series they partook in. Unless anyone requests otherwise I'll allocate them by series - and if anyone wants to take charge I'm happy to let them take over.
Soph K
Devotee

Re: Project: Contestant Information

Post by Soph K »

I will. Even though I'm not 100% sure what you're on about...
One Direction are my life. <3
"The reason for life is to find out who you are"
"It always seems impossible until it's done" :)
Love loads of celebs to be honest... Might marry Nicky Maccy :P
Mike Brown
Legend

Post by Mike Brown »

Joseph Krol wrote:Hello people,

I have spent quite a while today adding information from Mike's notes about the contestants from series 25 onto the corresponding Wiki pages. Wondering if anyone else would like to have a go at this as quite a lot of the contestant pages are untouched since they were created as skeleton pages and have short descriptions of the people normally just including the series they partook in. Unless anyone requests otherwise I'll allocate them by series - and if anyone wants to take charge I'm happy to let them take over.
Sounds like you've just given yourself a job, Joseph. :) I thought I might have a bash at doing some at some point, but not until I've finished with historical recaps. If you want to set up some kind of allocation by series, it's fine by me. And well done for doing some work on those for Series 25. Finally, any budding scan readers please note: my spelling of place names isn't always very good, especially on the older ones; my geography has improved over the years, but it's still far from perfect!
Joseph Krol
Kiloposter

Post by Joseph Krol »

Am now about halfway through series 29. Will resume work after lunch. :D
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Joseph Krol wrote:Am now about halfway through series 29. Will resume work after lunch. :D
You have a late lunch.
Joseph Krol
Kiloposter

Post by Joseph Krol »

Ryan Taylor wrote:
Joseph Krol wrote:Am now about halfway through series 29. Will resume work after lunch. :D
You have a late lunch.
I know. These peeps came to our house and we hadn't made any lunch so we had to wait until they went to eat and they left at quarter to three, lunch took ten mins to prepare and I've just finished. :D
Soph K
Devotee

Post by Soph K »

Joseph Krol wrote:
Ryan Taylor wrote:
You have a late lunch.
I know. These peeps came to our house and we hadn't made any lunch so we had to wait until they went to eat and they left at quarter to three, lunch took ten mins to prepare and I've just finished. :D
Or a more detailed version of what Joseph said, Ryan, is this: Joseph's friend came for a sleepover last night and Joseph's friend's mum was talking to mine and Joseph's mum, for ages! Joseph's friend's mum picked Joseph's friend up from our house today at 12:45 or thereabouts, and we hadn't had time to have lunch yet. Joseph's friend's mum and mine and Joseph's mum were talking for literally about 1 hour and 30 minutes. Then, of course, mine and Joseph's mum had to cook dinner which took around 20 minutes. Therefore we had a late lunch. We don't normally have our lunches as late as that. We normally have them at about 1:30pm which, still, some people would call late. We have our teas, which are late to other people also, at around 7pm.
One Direction are my life. <3
"The reason for life is to find out who you are"
"It always seems impossible until it's done" :)
Love loads of celebs to be honest... Might marry Nicky Maccy :P
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Brilliant :lol:
Joseph Krol
Kiloposter

Post by Joseph Krol »

BUMP.

Just realised that if we can organise and categorize known locations and occupations then we can create some interesting statistics. Anyone interested?
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Joseph Krol wrote:BUMP.

Just realised that if we can organise and categorize known locations and occupations then we can create some interesting statistics. Anyone interested?
Definitely an interesting idea. Mike does have notes on virtually every series and they do have the player's locations on them, so would be interesting.
Thomas Carey
Kiloposter

Post by Thomas Carey »

I'll do some Series 17 ones, as soon as I get a countdown wiki account...
cheers maus