Another crossword with a prize!

Cerebral distractions of every kind, mostly but not exclusively Countdown-related.

Moderator: Michael Wallace

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Another crossword with a prize!

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Richard Britttain asked me to link to this: http://www.gandiseeg.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1186

£30 prize!
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Re: Another crossword with a prize!

Post by Ryan Taylor »

I hope this doesn't take any shine (if it ever had shine) off my one. Just remember 9 prizes, yeah 9, you heard me right 9. I'd quite like £30 though.
James Hall
Acolyte

Post by James Hall »

Ryan Taylor wrote: Just remember 9 prizes, yeah 9, you heard me right 9.[/size]
One ambulance winging its way to Ryan, perhaps?
__
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Why doesn't RB fuck off?

There are also prize crosswords in several newspapers. We don't need to be told about them either.

Gandiseeg has its own readership of Belgian spambots that can do his crossword. RB obviously doesn't want to be part of this community.

Plus if you win the prize, how's he gonna pay? Home address? Bank details?
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Jon Corby wrote:Plus if you win the prize, how's he gonna pay? Home address? Bank details?
If you bank online, he'll hack into your account to pay the money in.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Richard has made a few minor changes and apparently it's now in its final form. And the winner wins £40 if he solves at least 40 clues.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

If I was moderator, I would delete this thread. Richard does not have a voice here because he is banned (with good reason). You shouldn't be it Gavin. On another forum I frequent, you would also be banned. Admittedly this is a pretty minor transgression, but it has also somewhat pissed on Ryan's fireworks, which is pretty out of order. You shouldn't really have started this thread for that reason alone, but you certainly shouldn't have started it because Richard asked you to.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Jon Corby wrote:If I was moderator, I would delete this thread. Richard does not have a voice here because he is banned (with good reason). You shouldn't be it Gavin. On another forum I frequent, you would also be banned. Admittedly this is a pretty minor transgression, but it has also somewhat pissed on Ryan's fireworks, which is pretty out of order. You shouldn't really have started this thread for that reason alone, but you certainly shouldn't have started it because Richard asked you to.
It's OK Jon, my crossword is so much better.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Jon Corby wrote:If I was moderator, I would delete this thread. Richard does not have a voice here because he is banned (with good reason). You shouldn't be it Gavin. On another forum I frequent, you would also be banned. Admittedly this is a pretty minor transgression, but it has also somewhat pissed on Ryan's fireworks, which is pretty out of order. You shouldn't really have started this thread for that reason alone, but you certainly shouldn't have started it because Richard asked you to.
To be honest I wasn't 100% sure if he was banned or just refusing to post (he's not banned from Apterous). But I wasn't posting this with any sort of agenda in mind. This is nothing to do with being "in league" with the "baddie". Just another crossword for people to do. I doubt many people on here would do it over and above Ryan's anyway. If a moderator wants to delete it, they can.

As for this other forum, I've come across quite a few in the past that are very authoritarian and restrictive. They're generally run by cunts. :D
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

I was going to say something but I felt it might look like I was just complaining about links to gandiseeg, which in general I have no problem with (especially when it's just an inferior knock-off of something on this forum!). I won't be doing any deleting or banning but in future I'd personally prefer it if the banned stayed banned. Especially the racist ones.