Spoilers For Monday December 6th 2010

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers For Monday December 6th 2010

Post by James Robinson »

COUNTDOWN: F MINUS 3 8-)

That's right, folks. We're now just 3 days away from the start of the finals of Series 63. ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

So prepare to see the creme de la creme of Series 63 battle one another for the trophy and the title of Series Champion.

But, before then, we have 3 more preliminaries to decide who will be the carry-over champion into Series 64 in the New Year.

Will it be Denise Smith, now 2 wins to the good, after a low-scoring affair last Friday. Or will it be her challenger who puts themselves in a good position.....

Back in DC for her 2nd stint is the model turned TV presenter, Amanda Lamb.

Join Ryan (who I seem to recall was going for his octochamp berth, when Amanda Lamb made her debut :geek: ) for the recap later. :D
Joe Denniss
Rookie

Re: Spoilers For Monday December 6th 2010

Post by Joe Denniss »

First conundrum was surely the worst scramble ever?
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

Joe Denniss wrote:First conundrum was surely the worst scramble ever?
What was it?
Joe Denniss
Rookie

Post by Joe Denniss »

Michael Wallace wrote:
What was it?
Can't remember exactly but the first two and the last two letters were already in the correct place. Solution was DISGUISED.
James Doohan
Enthusiast

Post by James Doohan »

Joe Denniss wrote:
Michael Wallace wrote:
What was it?
Can't remember exactly but the first two and the last two letters were already in the correct place. Solution was DISGUISED.
Think the scramble was DIGSUISED
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

had SUSIE in it, think it was DIGSUSIED

But yeah, it was just weird. One of those ones where you 'solve' DISGUISED in a second or two and then spend 20 seconds thinking "surely it can't be that fucking easy" before you buzz.
Though of course you could argue that makes it tactically not as easy to 'complete' as it is purely to 'solve', certainly a confusing one.
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

I was told that when the original tie break conundrum was revealed, the letters all fell off, so they had to use another.

More interesting stories about conundrums to come this week.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Matt Morrison wrote:had SUSIE in it, think it was DIGSUSIED

But yeah, it was just weird. One of those ones where you 'solve' DISGUISED in a second or two and then spend 20 seconds thinking "surely it can't be that fucking easy" before you buzz.
Though of course you could argue that makes it tactically not as easy to 'complete' as it is purely to 'solve', certainly a confusing one.
I was thinking the answer might have been intentionally ironic (i.e. it's not disguised).
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

James Robinson wrote:Join Ryan (who I seem to recall was going for his octochamp berth, when Amanda Lamb made her debut :geek: ) for the recap later. :D
Yeah. I'd not heard of her but she get it in the ear. I'm usually quite swift with the recaps but unfortunately today's recap will not be up until tomorrow evening. Sorry.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Ryan Taylor wrote:
James Robinson wrote:Join Ryan (who I seem to recall was going for his octochamp berth, when Amanda Lamb made her debut :geek: ) for the recap later. :D
Yeah. I'd not heard of her but she get it in the ear. I'm usually quite swift with the recaps but unfortunately today's recap will not be up until tomorrow evening. Sorry.
:( :cry:

Oh well, here's the wiki page to keep you entertained till then:

http://wiki.apterous.org/Episode_5169
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

I've just realised the conundrum read "DIG SUSIE D". That's probably the first time it's taken me longer to work out what the scramble said than to work out what the solution was. :lol: