What do you permit in front of your partner?

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

What do you permit in front of your partner?

Post by Matt Morrison »

How's this for an interesting discussion, then?

So the other night after she cooked up this awesome Thai curry for us, I treated Heather by squeezing out one of the most epic farts you can ever imagine.
Seriously. Go get a stopwatch out and count 20 seconds. Maybe 25. Doesn't sound like much but that is a fucking huge fart. It was so epic it basically had chapters.

SO: what do you do in front of your girlfriend/husband/live-in lover/rent boy? What is a step too far? What have they unexpectedly been really offended by? Do you poo with the door open?
Philip Jarvis
Enthusiast

Re: What do you permit in front of your partner?

Post by Philip Jarvis »

Matt - Pretty disgusting mate.

My honest answer though is circa 8 inches!!
"It's KNACKERED Nick!"
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

I can't really add anything worthy to this topic although I must say that a 20+ second fart is vile. Karl Pilkington said something funny about farting on An Idiot Abroad if any of you watch that. Anyway I will just add that my mum always farts* and she laughs when she does it. My dad doesn't seem to have much problem with this so farting would seem acceptable at the Taylor household.

*True story. So I'm living in a rented student house at the moment and when my mum and dad took me back there I was showing them my room and how I'd kitted it out with cool things like a map of the world, soft toys and a bin. Then came this bloody awful stench to which my reaction was "fucking hell, who's that?" and my mum started laughing. She then leaves the room and we congregate in the hallway before they are about to go. At this moment one of my housemates was in the living room who she has met perhaps once before so I don't know what he made of all the commotion upstairs earlier regarding said bottom burp. Just as they're about to go her last words are not "see you later" but rather "I'll leave you with that one" only for the foul smell to once again hit my nose. I don't know what she'd eaten that day but it wasn't beyond reason that she'd had some Thai curry. Welcome to Hull. :)
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Haha. It's cool to be able to say "I fucking love your mum" and not even mean it as a diss.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

sick thread.

A couple that I know inspect each other's poos before flushing. Now that is fucked up.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Jon O'Neill wrote:A couple that I know inspect each other's poos before flushing. Now that is fucked up.
Quality. That is amazing. A step beyond 'being comfortable with each other' into a realm of simply 'being odd'.
Jon O'Neill wrote:sick thread.
I had high hopes for this thread. I feel like it would have worked out better if it hadn't been hijacked by Jarvis shouting about his massive cock. Let's see how it develops tomorrow with the weekday crowd.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Hmm, definitely no public toileting in here, although there's probably rather more inappropriate molestation than is reasonable.

Bollock-scratching are farting are perfectly acceptable. Some around here may disagree.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

I still think about this thread from time to time. I honestly thought it was going to be a cracker, potential for some really interesting dialogue!
And now every time I think about it I invariably end up thinking about the thick, veiny schlong that protrudes from the bottom of Philip Jarvis's torso. I bet that thing weighs like half a kilo.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Matt Morrison wrote:I still think about this thread from time to time. I honestly thought it was going to be a cracker, potential for some really interesting dialogue!
And now every time I think about it I invariably end up thinking about the thick, veiny schlong that protrudes from the bottom of Philip Jarvis's torso. I bet that thing weighs like half a kilo.
I suggest at these moments you should give yourself a rub-down with the nearest newspaper (preferably damp).
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Matt Morrison wrote:I still think about this thread from time to time. I honestly thought it was going to be a cracker, potential for some really interesting dialogue!
Lesley Hines
Kiloposter

Post by Lesley Hines »

Matt Morrison wrote:Haha. It's cool to be able to say "I fucking love your mum" and not even mean it as a diss.
Had to re-read that. Switched round the second and third words by mistake :lol: I did think for a thread about what you permit in front of your partner it was pushing it :shock: :lol:
Lowering the averages since 2009