Spoilers For Monday November 29th 2010

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers For Monday November 29th 2010

Post by James Robinson »

Welcome to the start of what could be the week in which the finals are decided. ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

Having said that, there seems to be something overriding me at the start of this week. And that's the colour of white. (I know you artists will tell me that white is "absence of colour" (or is it black :?: ), but hey-ho. :lol: )

I'm probably thinking of white, because of 4 things:

1. The snow. 8-)

2. The "presumably" white wedding of the new Mr. & Mrs. Sfyris. :D

3. The Mighty Terriers' FA Cup 3rd round tie against the team from the White Cliffs. :mrgreen:

4. The possible whiteout of all the rest of the competition of this series as previously mentioned.

As you are probably aware, Greg Hayhurst is the current champion with 2 wins, so if he loses today, only the challenger would have enough time to become an octochamp in time for the finals, beginning in just 10 days time.

Back in DC for his 2nd stint after a brilliant first spell in April, is former newsreader, John Suchet.

Ryan will be recapping later.
Last edited by James Robinson on Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Re: Spoilers For Monday November 29th 2010

Post by Howard Somerset »

James Robinson wrote:As you are probably aware, Greg Hayhurst is the current champion with 2 wins, so if he loses today, all the octochamps will remain as the #1-6 seeds for the finals, beginning in just 10 days time.
Today's winner, whether it's Greg or the challenger, has still time to become an octochamp and even the number one seed, by the time that the prelims are over.

And white is certainly affecting me too today - first time in my life, I think, that I've cancelled a trip away due to weather conditions. So it's home this week instead of a few days in the Lake District.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

James Robinson wrote:I know you artists will tell me that white is "absence of colour", but hey-ho.
Isn't black supposed to be the absence of colour, and oppositely, white is the complete spectrum of all colour combined?
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Matt Morrison wrote:
James Robinson wrote:I know you artists will tell me that white is "absence of colour", but hey-ho.
Isn't black supposed to be the absence of colour, and oppositely, white is the complete spectrum of all colour combined?
As you can tell, Matt, my art is pretty much as rubbish as just about anything I do. :roll:
Howard Somerset wrote:
James Robinson wrote:As you are probably aware, Greg Hayhurst is the current champion with 2 wins, so if he loses today, all the octochamps will remain as the #1-6 seeds for the finals, beginning in just 10 days time.
Today's winner, whether it's Greg or the challenger, has still time to become an octochamp and even the number one seed, by the time that the prelims are over.
Why is it that I always muck up with these sorts of things. :roll: :roll: :? :?
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

Matt Morrison wrote:
I seem to remember from being told when in primary school that there are two ways of looking it at.

If it's illumination, then as Matt says, black is absence of colour, and white is all colours combined.

It it's painting, then white is absence of colour, and black is what you get if you mix up all the paints.

As we were in primary school, it's the latter which we all tried out in practice, and got as black as we could.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Black is the absence of light but colour is a more vague term and I would call black and white colours.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Most racist spoilers thread ever.
Lesley Hines
Kiloposter

Post by Lesley Hines »

Ryan Taylor wrote:Most racist spoilers thread ever.
Said the ginger.
Lowering the averages since 2009
Peter Mabey
Kiloposter

Post by Peter Mabey »

As snooker fans know, black is a colour, and white isn't :)
Joyce Phillips
Acolyte

Post by Joyce Phillips »

I thought Greg got into his stride today. His granny will be proud.
Also... the team in black AND white got a great battling draw against Chelsea yesterday.
Peter Ingham

Post by Peter Ingham »

Colours are creations of the mind - pigments of the imagination you could say.