Hidden talents

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Hidden talents

Post by Andy Wilson »

I'd like to brag about a talent that not many people know I have, and in turn, hear about what other people have discovered they can do through sheer boredom or whatever.

I like to light my farts which is pretty funny when you see it for the first few times, and though i'd be interested to know of fellow fart lighters, I'd rather focus on the fact that I can slap a tune out on my face. To do so I have to make a pretty retarded face, but, by slapping the stretched skin between my jaw bones and moving my jaw a little I can play a decipherable melody. I can also do it by flicking my teeth, but face slapping is more comfortable, even though I do look like an http://www.absolutespa.com/. I haven't tried many tunes but I'm willing to post a you tube video of me doing one if anyone wants to request one.

I know you probably won't be able to top my amazing skill, but in the hope that someone can, I'm just putting it out there, and if not maybe I'll at least discover some fellow fart lighters.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Re: Hidden talents

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Für Elise
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

I can make a really cool noise by letting air out of my cheek in the right way. At primary school everyone loved it. Maybe they still would now. Time for a reuinion.
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

I might be the third-best rubik's cuber in the Countdown community (after Chris Davies and Dan Harris) with a pb of just under 32 seconds- and I can solve larger cubes (up to 7x7x7) and other shapes as well.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

I am incredibly proficient at solving nine-lettered anagrams, or finding the longest word from a random selection of nine letters. Not only that, but given six smallish numbers and a larger number, I can usually conceive of a calculation using the smaller ones that equals the bigger one. All of this in less than the time it takes Neb to solve a Rubik's Cube.
Oliver Garner
Series 62 Champion

Post by Oliver Garner »

Jon O'Neill wrote:I am incredibly proficient at solving nine-lettered anagrams, or finding the longest word from a random selection of nine letters. Not only that, but given six smallish numbers and a larger number, I can usually conceive of a calculation using the smaller ones that equals the bigger one. All of this in less than the time it takes Neb to solve a Rubik's Cube.
Hidden?
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Oliver Garner wrote:
Jon O'Neill wrote:I am incredibly proficient at solving nine-lettered anagrams, or finding the longest word from a random selection of nine letters. Not only that, but given six smallish numbers and a larger number, I can usually conceive of a calculation using the smaller ones that equals the bigger one. All of this in less than the time it takes Neb to solve a Rubik's Cube.
Hidden?
Good point.

I am incredibly proficient at solving nine-lettered anagrams, or finding the longest word from a random selection of nine letters. Not only that, but given six smallish numbers and a larger number, I can usually conceive of a calculation using the smaller ones that equals the bigger one. All of this in less than the time it takes Neb to solve a Rubik's Cube.
Martin Bishop
Enthusiast

Post by Martin Bishop »

Jon O'Neill wrote:
Oliver Garner wrote:
Hidden?
Good point.

Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Andy Wilson wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXp31uuB72g

yes, that's all you get!
Quality Andy! To be fair I've seen you looking more of a spaz in other pics :)
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Andy Wilson wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXp31uuB72g

yes, that's all you get!
Fucking brilliant.
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

Cheers lads. The beard lessens the impact and mutes the sound a bit unfortunately but that probably wasn't a bad thing given the housemates were alseep. So doesn't anyone else light their farts?
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Andy Wilson wrote:Cheers lads. The beard lessens the impact and mutes the sound a bit unfortunately but that probably wasn't a bad thing given the housemates were alseep. So doesn't anyone else light their farts?
I prefer to cup them and throw them at people.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Andy Wilson wrote:Cheers lads. The beard lessens the impact and mutes the sound a bit unfortunately but that probably wasn't a bad thing given the housemates were alseep. So doesn't anyone else light their farts?
This video sounds more graphic than I'd have expected (can't see from here). I'd have thought that far from lessening the impact, a beard would be dangerous for your flaming ringpiece...
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

Well, the beard's already on fire anyway. Fart throwing. Interesting.
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

Ryan Taylor wrote: I prefer to cup them and throw them at people.
2 hands, right? Then more of a carry and release, rather than a throw?
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Andy Wilson wrote:
Ryan Taylor wrote: I prefer to cup them and throw them at people.
2 hands, right? Then more of a carry and release, rather than a throw?
I like that you've clearly been practising for the last couple of hours since your previous post. :)
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

I like that you like to think I have been!

I would have if I'd worked up enough gas already today, but looks like I'll have to wait til later.
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Ben Wilson wrote:I might be the third-best rubik's cuber in the Countdown community (after Chris Davies and Dan Harris) with a pb of just under 32 seconds- and I can solve larger cubes (up to 7x7x7) and other shapes as well.
Kieran Child solved a 7x7x7 in such a way so that KAI was spelt out on 3 of the sides. Which was pretty cool.
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

That stuff blows my mind in fairness.
Liam Tiernan
Devotee

Post by Liam Tiernan »

Andy Wilson wrote:That stuff blows my mind in fairness.
Given your earlier posts in this thread there's a good pun in there somewhere, but I can't be arsed to think of one.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Andy Wilson wrote: I can play a decipherable melody. I can also do it by flicking my teeth, but face slapping is more comfortable
Really? I do the teeth flicking one. I mainly do Popcorn (Jean Michel Jarre) because it seems to suit the sound. I did wonder whether it actually sounded like popcorn (or whether it just did to me) but other people have recognised it easily.

I can also do Rolf Harris's "water drip" noise on my cheek.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Jon Corby wrote:I mainly do Popcorn (Jean Michel Jarre)
By Hot Butter actually.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Ian Volante wrote:
Jon Corby wrote:I mainly do Popcorn (Jean Michel Jarre)
By Hot Butter actually.
Wikipedia tells me it was recorded by Gershon Kingsley originally.

But yeah, you're right, I was playing the Hot Butter one, not the JMJ one. Well spotted ;)
Joseph Krol
Kiloposter

Post by Joseph Krol »

I can fart using my hands. I believe this useless talent is named manualism.