Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Round-by-round summaries of every game in recent series; for every series in the last 5 years, try cdb, the Countdown databasel. Obviously this forum contains spoilers!

Moderator: James Robinson

Sean Fletcher
Rookie
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 4:39 pm
Location: Bournemouth

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by Sean Fletcher » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:09 am

James Robinson wrote:8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown returns on Friday, some recappers will be required for that.

There's also a spare recap going next Monday (June 9), as Andy is on holiday.

All enquiries welcome. 8-)
I'm free that day so could potentially do it if you're really stuck. What exactly would I have to do?

User avatar
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 9101
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Mirfield, West Yorkshire

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by James Robinson » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:10 pm

Sean Fletcher wrote:
James Robinson wrote:8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown returns on Friday, some recappers will be required for that.

There's also a spare recap going next Monday (June 9), as Andy is on holiday.

All enquiries welcome. 8-)
I'm free that day so could potentially do it if you're really stuck. What exactly would I have to do?
Basically, Sean, you watch the show, use this lovely recap writer: http://cdb.apterous.org/recapwriter.php to put down all the necessary information and then when you've finished at the bottom, hit the button that says "Check for errors", then the one that says "Make text recap", copy that onto a new topic, and then fill in with your own wit and comments.

If you want an idea of how everyone else does it, just look in this topic for loads of hints and ideas. ;) :) :D
WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!
UP THE MIGHTY TERRIERS!!! ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

Sean Fletcher
Rookie
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 4:39 pm
Location: Bournemouth

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by Sean Fletcher » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:32 pm

I've had a bit of a play with that and it seems straight forward enough. I've noticed on the recaps that some words come with definitions. Is that automatically done?

User avatar
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 9101
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Mirfield, West Yorkshire

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by James Robinson » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:38 pm

Sean Fletcher wrote:I've had a bit of a play with that and it seems straight forward enough. I've noticed on the recaps that some words come with definitions. Is that automatically done?
No, that's what we choose to add on ourselves, as you can see, not everyone does it, but I think it's worth doing. :D
WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!
UP THE MIGHTY TERRIERS!!! ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

Sean Fletcher
Rookie
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 4:39 pm
Location: Bournemouth

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by Sean Fletcher » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:48 pm

Those are added after hitting "Make text recap" I assume???

User avatar
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 9101
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Mirfield, West Yorkshire

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by James Robinson » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:55 pm

Sean Fletcher wrote:Those are added after hitting "Make text recap" I assume???
Yes. :)
WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!
UP THE MIGHTY TERRIERS!!! ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

Sean Fletcher
Rookie
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 4:39 pm
Location: Bournemouth

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by Sean Fletcher » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:35 pm

I've just remembered I have an exam on the 9th, can't find my statement of entry for it though, but I'm 99% sure it's in the morning. If it is in the afternoon i'll be home by around 15:30 (traffic dependent) so could do it off catchup. Would that be ok?

Anthony Endsor
Enthusiast
Posts: 318
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:55 pm

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by Anthony Endsor » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:42 pm

Sean, you're better off recording the episode on Sky Plus if you have it, or some other recording facility.
I've been doing recaps for a while and it's not always possible to catch everything first time round. You need to get the contestants' words and then DC words and note everything down, not to mention the bit at the beginning for the contestants' introductions. You may need to replay parts of it a few times just to make sure you have all the information correctly put down.
Also, you don't necessarily need to do it when the programme goes out live. Almost all recaps are at least a few hours after the episode before they appear. The normal protocol is to try and get it done the same night as the episode if possible, though it has been known for recaps to go out even later than that in some cases :roll:

Sean Fletcher
Rookie
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 4:39 pm
Location: Bournemouth

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by Sean Fletcher » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:47 pm

Cheers for the advice Anthony. Don't have Sky Plus but I can get it on catchup through 4od on my laptop so can watch it repeatedly on that if needed.

User avatar
James Laverty
Enthusiast
Posts: 381
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:45 pm
Location: West Bridgford

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by James Laverty » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:55 pm

James Robinson wrote:8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown returns on Friday, some recappers will be required for that.

There's also a spare recap going next Monday (June 9), as Andy is on holiday.

All enquiries welcome. 8-)
I'll have a go at doing Catsdown on Friday if it's still available.
Definitely not Jamie McNeill or Schrodinger's Cat....

User avatar
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 9101
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Mirfield, West Yorkshire

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by James Robinson » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:20 pm

Sean Fletcher wrote:I've just remembered I have an exam on the 9th, can't find my statement of entry for it though, but I'm 99% sure it's in the morning. If it is in the afternoon i'll be home by around 15:30 (traffic dependent) so could do it off catchup. Would that be ok?
That's what we expect everyone to do, Sean. You can have the 9th if you wish, Sean, I have no worries with that. 8-)
James Laverty wrote:
James Robinson wrote:8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown returns on Friday, some recappers will be required for that.

There's also a spare recap going next Monday (June 9), as Andy is on holiday.

All enquiries welcome. 8-)
I'll have a go at doing Catsdown on Friday if it's still available.
You can take that if you wish, James. ;) :) :D
WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!
UP THE MIGHTY TERRIERS!!! ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

Sean Fletcher
Rookie
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 4:39 pm
Location: Bournemouth

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by Sean Fletcher » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:25 pm

I'll give it a go - Monday 9th it is then! :)

User avatar
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 9101
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Mirfield, West Yorkshire

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by James Robinson » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:08 pm

Sean Fletcher wrote:I'll give it a go - Monday 9th it is then! :)
Excellent, feel free to ask anyone else for any tips, or me too. We're more than willing to help out as much as possible, Sean. 8-)
WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!
UP THE MIGHTY TERRIERS!!! ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

Sean Fletcher
Rookie
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 4:39 pm
Location: Bournemouth

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by Sean Fletcher » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:20 pm

Thank you, it appears straight forward enough (famous last words), just hope wit doesn't desert me on the day!

User avatar
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 9101
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Mirfield, West Yorkshire

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by James Robinson » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:33 pm

A recapper is required for tonight's Catsdown episode.

All enquiries welcome. ;) :) :D
WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!
UP THE MIGHTY TERRIERS!!! ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

User avatar
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 9101
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Mirfield, West Yorkshire

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by James Robinson » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:56 pm

James Robinson wrote:A recapper is required for tonight's Catsdown episode.

All enquiries welcome. ;) :) :D
Looks like it's my turn then.......... :P
WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!
UP THE MIGHTY TERRIERS!!! ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

User avatar
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 9101
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Mirfield, West Yorkshire

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by James Robinson » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:06 pm

Recapper required for Catsdown tomorrow night. ;) :) :D
WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!
UP THE MIGHTY TERRIERS!!! ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 7820
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by Gavin Chipper » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:36 pm

James Robinson wrote:Recapper required for Catsdown tomorrow night. ;) :) :D
Can I do it? I've never done one of these before. It won't appear until the next day though.

User avatar
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 9101
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Mirfield, West Yorkshire

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by James Robinson » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:40 pm

Gavin Chipper wrote:
James Robinson wrote:Recapper required for Catsdown tomorrow night. ;) :) :D
Can I do it? I've never done one of these before. It won't appear until the next day though.
Fair enough, I was 2 days late with mine last week. Go for it. ;) :) :D
WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!
UP THE MIGHTY TERRIERS!!! ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 7820
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by Gavin Chipper » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:57 pm

James Robinson wrote:
Gavin Chipper wrote:
James Robinson wrote:Recapper required for Catsdown tomorrow night. ;) :) :D
Can I do it? I've never done one of these before. It won't appear until the next day though.
Fair enough, I was 2 days late with mine last week. Go for it. ;) :) :D
OK cheers.

User avatar
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 7232
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:27 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by Matt Morrison » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:18 am

Make it good or don't bother gev

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 7820
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by Gavin Chipper » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:55 pm

Matt Morrison wrote:Make it good or don't bother gev
What are you going to do about it?

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 7820
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by Gavin Chipper » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:24 pm

James Robinson wrote:
Gavin Chipper wrote:
James Robinson wrote:Recapper required for Catsdown tomorrow night. ;) :) :D
Can I do it? I've never done one of these before. It won't appear until the next day though.
Fair enough, I was 2 days late with mine last week. Go for it. ;) :) :D
It will be Sunday now.

User avatar
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 9101
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Mirfield, West Yorkshire

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by James Robinson » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:08 pm

Gavin Chipper wrote:
James Robinson wrote:Recapper required for Catsdown tomorrow night. ;) :) :D
Can I do it? I've never done one of these before. It won't appear until the next day though.
Fair enough, as I said before, mine was on the Sunday. They're not really missed that much. :P
WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!
UP THE MIGHTY TERRIERS!!! ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

User avatar
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 9101
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Mirfield, West Yorkshire

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by James Robinson » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:47 pm

Recapper required for this Friday's Catsdown episode, and for the next 2 Fridays too, before I forget......... :P
WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!
UP THE MIGHTY TERRIERS!!! ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

Anthony Endsor
Enthusiast
Posts: 318
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:55 pm

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by Anthony Endsor » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:16 pm

Just to inform you, unfortunately due to a thunderstorm, our SkyPlus box decided not to bother recording yesterday's (Friday) countdown :shock:
This therefore means I am not able to do the recap until the repeat is broadcast.
Apologies on behalf of the weather for the delay. Normal service shall be resumed in due course.
Does anyone know when Friday's will be repeated by any chance?

User avatar
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 9101
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Mirfield, West Yorkshire

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by James Robinson » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:10 pm

Anthony Endsor wrote:Just to inform you, unfortunately due to a thunderstorm, our SkyPlus box decided not to bother recording yesterday's (Friday) countdown :shock:
This therefore means I am not able to do the recap until the repeat is broadcast.
Apologies on behalf of the weather for the delay. Normal service shall be resumed in due course.
Does anyone know when Friday's will be repeated by any chance?
6am on Monday morning, or you can watch it on 4OD here: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/countdown/4od
WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!
UP THE MIGHTY TERRIERS!!! ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

Anthony Endsor
Enthusiast
Posts: 318
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:55 pm

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by Anthony Endsor » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:50 pm

James Robinson wrote:
Anthony Endsor wrote:Just to inform you, unfortunately due to a thunderstorm, our SkyPlus box decided not to bother recording yesterday's (Friday) countdown :shock:
This therefore means I am not able to do the recap until the repeat is broadcast.
Apologies on behalf of the weather for the delay. Normal service shall be resumed in due course.
Does anyone know when Friday's will be repeated by any chance?
6am on Monday morning, or you can watch it on 4OD here: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/countdown/4od
Thanks for that James. If I have time tomorrow I'll go down the 4OD route.

User avatar
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 9101
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Mirfield, West Yorkshire

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by James Robinson » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:27 pm

Right, since there's no recap on Thursday, tomorrow's recap will be my last recap this month, as I'll be busy enjoying a nice break in Lake Garda from Saturday for a week and a half. 8-)

So, my recaps for the next 2 weeks after tomorrow are up for grabs (Even though, I am back on the 24th, I'll need time to get back to normal, so I won't them that week either.)

I have already given my recap on the 25th to Anthony, as there's no show on the 26th, thanks to more horse racing antics. :P

So, my recaps on the 17th, 18th and 24th are up for anyone who wants them.

ANY TAKERS :?: :?: :?:
WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!
UP THE MIGHTY TERRIERS!!! ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

Giles
Rookie
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:11 pm
Location: Farnham, Surrey

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by Giles » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:19 pm

I'll see if I can remember how to recap and try the 17th.

User avatar
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 9101
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Mirfield, West Yorkshire

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by James Robinson » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:14 pm

Giles wrote:I'll see if I can remember how to recap and try the 17th.
Excellent, now just need someone for the 18th and 24th. :D
WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!
UP THE MIGHTY TERRIERS!!! ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

Jordan F
Kiloposter
Posts: 1063
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:01 pm

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by Jordan F » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:07 pm

For me it's going to very largely depend on if I have a working feed. If I do, I can do maybe both of the other days.

User avatar
James Laverty
Enthusiast
Posts: 381
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:45 pm
Location: West Bridgford

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by James Laverty » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:23 pm

I can do the 24th if needed
Definitely not Jamie McNeill or Schrodinger's Cat....

User avatar
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 9101
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Mirfield, West Yorkshire

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by James Robinson » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:14 pm

Jordan F wrote:For me it's going to very largely depend on if I have a working feed. If I do, I can do maybe both of the other days.
James Laverty wrote:I can do the 24th if needed
OK, James, you do the 24th. If you can do the 18th, Jordan, do it, if not, you find someone else. :idea:
WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!
UP THE MIGHTY TERRIERS!!! ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

Jordan F
Kiloposter
Posts: 1063
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:01 pm

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by Jordan F » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:10 am

Sounds good to me James. I'll give at least 24 hours notice if I end up being unable.

Anthony Endsor
Enthusiast
Posts: 318
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:55 pm

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by Anthony Endsor » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:11 pm

We appear to have a malfunction for the recaps, as 16th and 17th September haven't yet been done.
I told James I would keep an eye on the recaps while he was on holiday, so may I ask if these have been allocated to anyone?
The last thing I want is a very angry and upset young man from Huddersfield returning from holiday to a recap crime scene :lol:

Giles
Rookie
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:11 pm
Location: Farnham, Surrey

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by Giles » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:10 am

I'm on the 17th, will be up tomorrow :)

Anthony Endsor
Enthusiast
Posts: 318
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:55 pm

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by Anthony Endsor » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:56 am

Thanks Giles. No problem. :)

User avatar
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 9101
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Mirfield, West Yorkshire

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by James Robinson » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:32 pm

Anthony Endsor wrote:We appear to have a malfunction for the recaps, as 16th and 17th September haven't yet been done.
I told James I would keep an eye on the recaps while he was on holiday, so may I ask if these have been allocated to anyone?
The last thing I want is a very angry and upset young man from Huddersfield returning from holiday to a recap crime scene :lol:
FE FI FO FUM!!! :p

I might be on holiday, but it doesn't mean I can't help out if I see trouble is afoot...

Callum told me that he has just started a new job recently, and time has been less free for him, hence some of his recent recaps have been late too....

Don't worry about it, I'm sure he's got it covered. ;) :) :D
WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!
UP THE MIGHTY TERRIERS!!! ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

Anthony Endsor
Enthusiast
Posts: 318
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:55 pm

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by Anthony Endsor » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:40 pm

James Robinson wrote:
Anthony Endsor wrote:We appear to have a malfunction for the recaps, as 16th and 17th September haven't yet been done.
I told James I would keep an eye on the recaps while he was on holiday, so may I ask if these have been allocated to anyone?
The last thing I want is a very angry and upset young man from Huddersfield returning from holiday to a recap crime scene :lol:
FE FI FO FUM!!! :p

I might be on holiday, but it doesn't mean I can't help out if I see trouble is afoot...

Callum told me that he has just started a new job recently, and time has been less free for him, hence some of his recent recaps have been late too....

Don't worry about it, I'm sure he's got it covered. ;) :) :D
No problem James, sorry to interrupt your holiday. Hope you're having fun :P

User avatar
Jennifer Steadman
Devotee
Posts: 982
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:34 pm
Location: Kent
Contact:

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by Jennifer Steadman » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:58 pm

Do we not have a Tuesday recapper at the moment?

If someone tells me what the whole recap fandango requires I think I'd like to have a crack at it please.
proud tiara owner and annoying publicity person who tells you to click links to the the FOCAL website.

(and also to my TRAVEL BLOG)

User avatar
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 9101
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Mirfield, West Yorkshire

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by James Robinson » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:04 pm

Jennifer Steadman wrote:Do we not have a Tuesday recapper at the moment?

If someone tells me what the whole recap fandango requires I think I'd like to have a crack at it please.
We do, but Callum is ridiculously busy with work, and really I should've started filling in the older ones a while ago.

If Callum doesn't mind, have a go at it, Jen. ;) :) :D
WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!
UP THE MIGHTY TERRIERS!!! ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

Andy McGurn
Enthusiast
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:53 pm

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by Andy McGurn » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:44 pm

James Robinson wrote:
Jennifer Steadman wrote:Do we not have a Tuesday recapper at the moment?

If someone tells me what the whole recap fandango requires I think I'd like to have a crack at it please.
We do, but Callum is ridiculously busy with work, and really I should've started filling in the older ones a while ago.

If Callum doesn't mind, have a go at it, Jen. ;) :) :D
Also, like I said at the end of Monday's recap, if there is no one to recap the fourth QF between mark and George, I'll happily do it in addition to my Monday one (though JS may want to do this one as well).

User avatar
Jennifer Steadman
Devotee
Posts: 982
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:34 pm
Location: Kent
Contact:

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by Jennifer Steadman » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:23 pm

Callum said it's fine, so looks like it's all mine now 8-)
proud tiara owner and annoying publicity person who tells you to click links to the the FOCAL website.

(and also to my TRAVEL BLOG)

Anthony Endsor
Enthusiast
Posts: 318
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:55 pm

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by Anthony Endsor » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:05 pm

So we have a new Tuesday recapper appointed. Welcome to the recap team Jen :D

The only question now is, who is going to clear up the mess that is the 2 month backlog of Tuesday recaps. :roll:

User avatar
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 9101
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Mirfield, West Yorkshire

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by James Robinson » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:15 pm

Anthony Endsor wrote:So we have a new Tuesday recapper appointed. Welcome to the recap team Jen :D

The only question now is, who is going to clear up the mess that is the 2 month backlog of Tuesday recaps. :roll:
Well, there are still 4 weeks of shows on 4OD, so that would get a few at least, although I would hope that Callum might eventually get those past ones done at some point :!: :!:
WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!
UP THE MIGHTY TERRIERS!!! ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

User avatar
Jennifer Steadman
Devotee
Posts: 982
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:34 pm
Location: Kent
Contact:

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by Jennifer Steadman » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:27 pm

James Robinson wrote:
Anthony Endsor wrote:So we have a new Tuesday recapper appointed. Welcome to the recap team Jen :D

The only question now is, who is going to clear up the mess that is the 2 month backlog of Tuesday recaps. :roll:
Well, there are still 4 weeks of shows on 4OD, so that would get a few at least, although I would hope that Callum might eventually get those past ones done at some point :!: :!:
Thanks Anthony! :D I probably have them all on Sky+ still (really need an episode clear-out at some point) so can have a look tomorrow and see which ones I can do. *gets GIFs ready*
proud tiara owner and annoying publicity person who tells you to click links to the the FOCAL website.

(and also to my TRAVEL BLOG)

User avatar
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 9101
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Mirfield, West Yorkshire

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by James Robinson » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:33 pm

Jennifer Steadman wrote:
James Robinson wrote:
Anthony Endsor wrote:So we have a new Tuesday recapper appointed. Welcome to the recap team Jen :D

The only question now is, who is going to clear up the mess that is the 2 month backlog of Tuesday recaps. :roll:
Well, there are still 4 weeks of shows on 4OD, so that would get a few at least, although I would hope that Callum might eventually get those past ones done at some point :!: :!:
Thanks Anthony! :D I probably have them all on Sky+ still (really need an episode clear-out at some point) so can have a look tomorrow and see which ones I can do. *gets GIFs ready*
Excellent work, Jen. The last one Callum did was 2 September, so there are quite a few missing. The only one since then that he did was Dan McColm's episode on 14 October. 8-)
WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!
UP THE MIGHTY TERRIERS!!! ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

User avatar
Jennifer Steadman
Devotee
Posts: 982
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:34 pm
Location: Kent
Contact:

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by Jennifer Steadman » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:54 pm

These are the ones that need doing, then:

9th Sept
16th Sept
23rd Sept
30th Sept
7th Oct
21st Oct
28th Oct
4th Nov
11th Nov
18th Nov - DONE
25th Nov - DONE
2nd Dec - DONE

[3/12 SO FAR]

I'll mark them off as I go along.
Last edited by Jennifer Steadman on Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
proud tiara owner and annoying publicity person who tells you to click links to the the FOCAL website.

(and also to my TRAVEL BLOG)

User avatar
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 9101
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Mirfield, West Yorkshire

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by James Robinson » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:09 pm

Jennifer Steadman wrote:These are the ones that need doing, then:

9th Sept
16th Sept
23rd Sept
30th Sept
7th Oct
21st Oct
28th Oct
4th Nov
11th Nov
18th Nov
25th Nov - DONE
2nd Dec - DONE

I'll mark them off as I go along.
Cheers, Jen. Nice work, keep it up. ;) :) :D
WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!
UP THE MIGHTY TERRIERS!!! ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

User avatar
Rhys Benjamin
Kiloposter
Posts: 1883
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:28 pm
Location: Down in the tube station at midnight
Contact:

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by Rhys Benjamin » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:34 am

They might as well go in historical recaps! (Joke)
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...

User avatar
Rhys Benjamin
Kiloposter
Posts: 1883
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:28 pm
Location: Down in the tube station at midnight
Contact:

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by Rhys Benjamin » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:10 pm

Can I just add, as a tiny note, that Robbo pretty much singlehandedly operates the Wiki recaps, and he doesn't get any thanks for it, usually. Robbo may be glad to know that recappers - YOU CAN HELP. When finishing your recap, click on the "generate wiki version" (or something of a similar irk, can't quite remember exactly). That's enough for us, the rest can be done by Robbo (or others) without us having to do too much and work out the complex wiki formatting.

The recap writer (bizarrely) stores all generated wikicaps here, so all Robbo would need to do is copy it through and edit it. I notice that Jen did this today, and I've done Robbo's job for him. This is nit-picking of me, but we would prefer multiplications to be "x" and have a space either side of every operation. Also, I know it's George, but if we could stick to the exact nameplates, we would be very grateful - as all we'd therefore have to do it replace the ?s with the appropriate numbers.
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...

George Pryn
Acolyte
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:55 pm

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by George Pryn » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:27 pm

Rhys Benjamin wrote:Can I just add, as a tiny note, that Robbo pretty much singlehandedly operates the Wiki recaps, and he doesn't get any thanks for it, usually. Robbo may be glad to know that recappers - YOU CAN HELP. When finishing your recap, click on the "generate wiki version" (or something of a similar irk, can't quite remember exactly). That's enough for us, the rest can be done by Robbo (or others) without us having to do too much and work out the complex wiki formatting.

The recap writer (bizarrely) stores all generated wikicaps here, so all Robbo would need to do is copy it through and edit it. I notice that Jen did this today, and I've done Robbo's job for him. This is nit-picking of me, but we would prefer multiplications to be "x" and have a space either side of every operation. Also, I know it's George, but if we could stick to the exact nameplates, we would be very grateful - as all we'd therefore have to do it replace the ?s with the appropriate numbers.
I should've just applied as George Pryn :x

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 7820
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by Gavin Chipper » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:14 pm

George Pryn wrote:
Rhys Benjamin wrote:Can I just add, as a tiny note, that Robbo pretty much singlehandedly operates the Wiki recaps, and he doesn't get any thanks for it, usually. Robbo may be glad to know that recappers - YOU CAN HELP. When finishing your recap, click on the "generate wiki version" (or something of a similar irk, can't quite remember exactly). That's enough for us, the rest can be done by Robbo (or others) without us having to do too much and work out the complex wiki formatting.

The recap writer (bizarrely) stores all generated wikicaps here, so all Robbo would need to do is copy it through and edit it. I notice that Jen did this today, and I've done Robbo's job for him. This is nit-picking of me, but we would prefer multiplications to be "x" and have a space either side of every operation. Also, I know it's George, but if we could stick to the exact nameplates, we would be very grateful - as all we'd therefore have to do it replace the ?s with the appropriate numbers.
I should've just applied as George Pryn :x
Might sound odd coming from me, but why have you got two names?

George Pryn
Acolyte
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:55 pm

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by George Pryn » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:02 pm

Gavin Chipper wrote:
George Pryn wrote:
Rhys Benjamin wrote:Can I just add, as a tiny note, that Robbo pretty much singlehandedly operates the Wiki recaps, and he doesn't get any thanks for it, usually. Robbo may be glad to know that recappers - YOU CAN HELP. When finishing your recap, click on the "generate wiki version" (or something of a similar irk, can't quite remember exactly). That's enough for us, the rest can be done by Robbo (or others) without us having to do too much and work out the complex wiki formatting.

The recap writer (bizarrely) stores all generated wikicaps here, so all Robbo would need to do is copy it through and edit it. I notice that Jen did this today, and I've done Robbo's job for him. This is nit-picking of me, but we would prefer multiplications to be "x" and have a space either side of every operation. Also, I know it's George, but if we could stick to the exact nameplates, we would be very grateful - as all we'd therefore have to do it replace the ?s with the appropriate numbers.
I should've just applied as George Pryn :x
Might sound odd coming from me, but why have you got two names?
Well, when a person is born, their parents give them a 'forename' such as George, Ryan, Jake etcetera to accompany their 'surname' or 'family name'. For example, if Mrs Smith and Mr Smith make love and produce a male child, his name could be anything from Ryan Smith, Mark Smith or even Greg Smith.

User avatar
Jennifer Steadman
Devotee
Posts: 982
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:34 pm
Location: Kent
Contact:

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by Jennifer Steadman » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:08 pm

Can someone do my recap slot for the next 2 months please - RSI is back so not meant to type outside of work where possible (no Apto for me for a while :( ) and travelling for a bit next month too so won't be available then. Will take over again from May 5th.
proud tiara owner and annoying publicity person who tells you to click links to the the FOCAL website.

(and also to my TRAVEL BLOG)

User avatar
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 9101
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Mirfield, West Yorkshire

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by James Robinson » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:51 pm

Jennifer Steadman wrote:Can someone do my recap slot for the next 2 months please - RSI is back so not meant to type outside of work where possible (no Apto for me for a while :( ) and travelling for a bit next month too so won't be available then. Will take over again from May 5th.
We'll see what we can do, Jen. Incidentally, what happened to this week's recap :?: I see you've put a link on cdb, but there's no recap on it....... :P
WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!
UP THE MIGHTY TERRIERS!!! ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

User avatar
James Laverty
Enthusiast
Posts: 381
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:45 pm
Location: West Bridgford

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by James Laverty » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:46 pm

I can stand in for the next few Tuesdays if needed. Will make sure to include gifs, footballers called Darren and all the rest
Definitely not Jamie McNeill or Schrodinger's Cat....

User avatar
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 9101
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Mirfield, West Yorkshire

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by James Robinson » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:23 pm

James Laverty wrote:I can stand in for the next few Tuesdays if needed. Will make sure to include gifs, footballers called Darren and all the rest
Cool, that would be nice, James.

Could you possibly do the Tuesday before last just as a warm-up :?: :idea:
WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!
UP THE MIGHTY TERRIERS!!! ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

User avatar
James Laverty
Enthusiast
Posts: 381
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:45 pm
Location: West Bridgford

Re: Calling All Wannabe Recappers!!

Post by James Laverty » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:20 pm

on it, no problem
Definitely not Jamie McNeill or Schrodinger's Cat....

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests