HOWTO: Submit recaps to the Countdown Database

Round-by-round summaries of every game in recent series; for every series in the last 5 years, try cdb, the Countdown database. Obviously this forum contains spoilers!

Moderator: James Robinson

Charlie Reams
Site Admin

HOWTO: Submit recaps to the Countdown Database

Post by Charlie Reams »

If you're writing historical recaps: Post them in the Historical Recaps forum and I'll handle the rest. The rest of this does not apply to you.

If you're writing recaps for current games and you are using the Recap Writer: Follow the "Automatic submit page" link once you've finished your recap (it's just under the Make Text Recap button). This will fill in most of the fields for you. You need only fill in your name(s) in the Contributor box and enter your password. If your name is available, or you don't yet have a password, contact me by private message or email and I will pass the details on to you.

If you are not using the Recap Writer: You should do. If for some arcane reason you choose to ignore the advice in the previous sentence, you'll need to point your browser to http://www.apterous.org/cdb/recapsubmit.php and fill in all the details yourself. The above proviso regarding username and password applies similarly.
Joseph Krol
Kiloposter

Re: HOWTO: Submit recaps to the Countdown Database

Post by Joseph Krol »

I posted three recaps for series 39 a few weeks ago, and it is yet to be added to the CDB. Is there something I must do for it to be added?
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Joseph Krol wrote:I posted three recaps for series 39 a few weeks ago, and it is yet to be added to the CDB. Is there something I must do for it to be added?
Did you click the "Automatic submit page" button as it says above? If not, you'll need to go back and add them manually using the Submit new recap link.
Ashton Hancock
Acolyte

Post by Ashton Hancock »

How do you do an old 15 round game ?
I am hosting a Co-Event on 31st August if you are free please come down to “The Centre” in Rotherham.My best friend is Dinos Sfyris who will be my co-host for this event
Ashton Hancock
Acolyte

Post by Ashton Hancock »

Their is no option.
I am hosting a Co-Event on 31st August if you are free please come down to “The Centre” in Rotherham.My best friend is Dinos Sfyris who will be my co-host for this event
Ashton Hancock
Acolyte

Post by Ashton Hancock »

I still can’t figure out how to