Who will recap today? 18/02/08

Round-by-round summaries of every game in recent series; for every series in the last 5 years, try cdb, the Countdown database. Obviously this forum contains spoilers!

Moderator: James Robinson

Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Who will recap today? 18/02/08

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Hi I was just wondering if Stuart really has gone forever, who will be doing today's recap? I would offer my invaluable services (I say invaluable in the sense that they're not at all valuable) but I'm otherwise occupied. Or has this issue already been resolved?
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Re: Who will recap today? 18/02/08

Post by David O'Donnell »

Jim Bentley does Mondays. Mr Earl does Thursdays and we shall have to wait and see since he generally posts really quickly.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

I'll happily take over the Thursday recapping if Stuart doesn't return.

This was my plan all along :twisted:
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

David O'Donnell wrote:Jim Bentley does Mondays. Mr Earl does Thursdays and we shall have to wait and see since he generally posts really quickly.
Course he does. My mistake.
Corby wrote:This was my plan all along :twisted:
LMAO :)
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Assuming Stuart has indeed disregarded Matthew 5:39 and left us forever, I'd be happy for you to take over - your previous efforts were very solid. If you're feeling very enthusiastic, you could do this week's one and give Stuart a few hours to post or not. If he doesn't, the slot's yours.
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Fraid now I'm back at uni, only days I catch Countdown are Wednesday and Friday. Prefer just filling in for people anyway, but thanks :)
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Charlie Reams wrote:Assuming Stuart has indeed disregarded Matthew 5:39 and left us forever, I'd be happy for you to take over - your previous efforts were very solid. If you're feeling very enthusiastic, you could do this week's one and give Stuart a few hours to post or not. If he doesn't, the slot's yours.
Was this directed at me or Dinos?

If me, I'll happily do it - I won't get to watch until much later on, so Stuart will have had ample opportunity to post the recap if he chooses to do so (didn't he used to post them pretty much as the end credits were rolling?). I'll check before I begin :)
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

I hope it was directed at me. His comment about my previous efforts being very solid really boosted my confidence :)
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

It was directed at Dinos but Dinos can't do it on Thursdays. I think we should wait until Thursday, I have a feeling that Stuart will probably do something pissy like post it on the mailing list only. I would like to see Corby recap though because 1. he is a funny bar steward and 2. he was been a regular here for years so at least there will be a consistent recapper for that particular day. No disrespect to Dinos but one or two recaps can be fun, having to always be there on a particular day can be a pain in the arse ... metaphorically.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

David O'Donnell wrote:It was directed at Dinos
Oi, since when did you speak for Reams?

Like you though, I'm also half-expecting Stuart to post the recap on the mailing list only...
Last edited by Jon Corby on Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Reams is my puppet, watch, I'll make him dance for you: Dance little monkey boy, dance mu ha ha ha.

What's that, Charlie? All of them must die and Corby goes first?

Okay, point taken. I wasn't aware that you had recapped before, Jonathan, I stand corrected.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

David O'Donnell wrote:Okay, point taken. I wasn't aware that you had recapped before, Jonathan, I stand corrected.
I've done one or two.

(Probably one)
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

It was indeed at Dinos, but I'll leave it to Dinos and Corby to decide what to do. The recap system is decentralised, I just keep a list of what gets posted.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Charlie Reams wrote:It was indeed at Dinos, but I'll leave it to Dinos and Corby to decide what to do. The recap system is decentralised, I just keep a list of what gets posted.
I think Dinos already said that he is only able to see Countdown on Wednesdays and Fridays, so I think therefore I get to do Thursday recapping.

If Dinos wants to contest this, he's welcome to. But he probably should bear in mind that I wield the awesome power of being able to drive those who oppose me from the forum :twisted:
Stuart Earl
Rookie

Post by Stuart Earl »

Charlie Reams wrote:Assuming Stuart has indeed disregarded Matthew 5:39 and left us forever,
I suppose this post recognises that I have been wounded. But why is it that because you all know I am a Christian that you hurl Bible quotes at me? Is it because you think I have done something against biblical principles - or are you just having a laugh at my expense? How sad that you all feel the need to have a go at me, this place used to be enjoyable...

I think it is only fair that I should let you know what I am doing, so that you can make alternative arrangements.

I confirm that I shall not be doing any more recaps or joining in the discussions, because it isn't fun any more. Nor shall I do them and send them to the yahoo group to spite you all - as someone predicted. I shall not be doing anything relating to Countdown. I may lurk, but I shouldn't think I will.

I took my 16 year old daughter to hospital on Monday for a second ECG which will confirm whether or not the total lack of energy she has suffered for the last three months, destroying her GCSE year, is due, as suspected, to a heart condition needing major surgery. Some of you may want to have a laugh about this too but actually we're having a pretty awful time at the moment.

Best wishes,

Stuart
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Stuart Earl wrote:
Charlie Reams wrote:Assuming Stuart has indeed disregarded Matthew 5:39 and left us forever,

I took my 16 year old daughter to hospital on Monday for a second ECG which will confirm whether or not the total lack of energy she has suffered for the last three months, destroying her GCSE year, is due, as suspected, to a heart condition needing major surgery. Some of you may want to have a laugh about this too but actually we're having a pretty awful time at the moment.

Best wishes,

Stuart

I feel sorry for you Stuart, truly, but my emotional blackmail radar appears to be going berserk.
Chris Corby
Devotee

Post by Chris Corby »

Stuart Earl wrote:
I suppose this post recognises that I have been wounded. But why is it that because you all know I am a Christian that you hurl Bible quotes at me? Is it because you think I have done something against biblical principles - or are you just having a laugh at my expense? How sad that you all feel the need to have a go at me, this place used to be enjoyable...

I think it is only fair that I should let you know what I am doing, so that you can make alternative arrangements.

I confirm that I shall not be doing any more recaps or joining in the discussions, because it isn't fun any more. Nor shall I do them and send them to the yahoo group to spite you all - as someone predicted. I shall not be doing anything relating to Countdown. I may lurk, but I shouldn't think I will.

Best wishes,

Stuart

Stuart
You really have more important things to worry about at the moment than jokes made about you on this forum, it explains why you may be over-sensitive.
I hope things are not as bad as you fear about your daughter and I am sure we all wish her well. Perhaps your religion will get you through this difficult time :?:
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Stuart Earl wrote:
Well, you sure did read a lot into a very offhand Biblical reference. There was a time when you would respond to such remarks in the good humour in which they were intended.
Stuart Earl wrote: I think it is only fair that I should let you know what I am doing, so that you can make alternative arrangements.

Thanks for letting us know. It's a shame that you feel the need to punish yourself (and everyone else by your absence) just because Corby called you a rude word.
Stuart Earl wrote: I took my 16 year old daughter to hospital on Monday for a second ECG which will confirm whether or not the total lack of energy she has suffered for the last three months, destroying her GCSE year, is due, as suspected, to a heart condition needing major surgery. Some of you may want to have a laugh about this too but actually we're having a pretty awful time at the moment.
That's unfortunate and I wish your family all the best.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Stuart Earl wrote:I took my 16 year old daughter to hospital on Monday for a second ECG which will confirm whether or not the total lack of energy she has suffered for the last three months, destroying her GCSE year, is due, as suspected, to a heart condition needing major surgery. Some of you may want to have a laugh about this too but actually we're having a pretty awful time at the moment.
Lol, yeah, that is pretty funny.

:|

FFS what do you think is going on here Stuart? Everyone ganging up on you and bullying you? You were waging a prolonged campaign against Des O'Connor over something ridiculously trivial. I didn't approve of it, and I said so. Not in a particularly articulate way I'll grant you, but it felt appropriate at the time (after all, you'd already said days before that you "considered the matter closed" before starting your thread). That's all that happened. What I wrote was akin (in my eyes) to saying "oh for god's sake will you shut up about this?"

Are you offering your daughter's ill-health as an explanation for your irrational overreactions (I count two)? Is this an apology? Or are you trying to make me look insensitive?

(By the way, before anyone tears into me for my opening remark there, it was obviously sarcastic. Most of you will know that my own daughter had life-saving open-heart surgery at 9 months old etc etc)
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Corby wrote:I think Dinos already said that he is only able to see Countdown on Wednesdays and Fridays, so I think therefore I get to do Thursday recapping.

If Dinos wants to contest this, he's welcome to. But he probably should bear in mind that I wield the awesome power of being able to drive those who oppose me from the forum :twisted:
Yeah go for it. Not gonna argue with that.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Charlie Reams wrote:If he doesn't, the slot's yours.
So you are the all-powerful God round here - not just the chap who happens to administer the forum. :mrgreen:

(Just an observation)
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Gevin-Gavin wrote:
So you are the all-powerful God round here - not just the chap who happens to administer the forum. :mrgreen:

(Just an observation)
I've really enjoyed your recent posts, Gevin, I don't know why you feel the need to revert to such pointless digs. People often ask me questions as if I am "in charge" of recapping. I'm not and have never claimed to be - I presume I get asked because I run the Corral. I've never presumed to tell people what to do. As I pointed out in this very thread:
Charlie Reams wrote:I'll leave it to Dinos and Corby to decide what to do. The recap system is decentralised, I just keep a list of what gets posted.
Put a sock in it eh?
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Gevin-Gavin wrote:

(Just an observation)
I've really enjoyed your recent posts, Gevin, I don't know why you feel the need to revert to such pointless digs. People often ask me questions as if I am "in charge" of recapping. I'm not and have never claimed to be - I presume I get asked because I run the Corral. I've never presumed to tell people what to do. As I pointed out in this very thread:
Charlie Reams wrote:I'll leave it to Dinos and Corby to decide what to do. The recap system is decentralised, I just keep a list of what gets posted.
Put a sock in it eh?
Ooh sorry, didn't think it was that offensive a post. Oh well, forget I said anything.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Gevin-Gavin wrote:Ooh sorry, didn't think it was that offensive a post. Oh well, forget I said anything.
Good, or I might smite you.