(Power) Snooker

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

(Power) Snooker

Post by Michael Wallace »

Last year they decided to try and 'revolutionise' snooker by inventing Power Snooker. You can watch the final on Youtube starting here. It was awful. Snooker is fundamentally unsexy, and I'm pretty sure that even if you replaced the pockets with vaginas and the balls with penises, it would still not be sexy.

I assumed it would quietly be forgotten about, but no, apparently it's back (I randomly stumbled across it on ITV4 yesterday), and it's still awful. Has anyone else seen this? Is it actually amazing and I'm just missing out? How would you make snooker more exciting?
Lesley Hines
Kiloposter

Re: (Power) Snooker

Post by Lesley Hines »

I disagree

Although I'm prepared to concede you have a point in some cases

I think proper snooker's amazing and they don't need to sex it up. I'll look out for the power snooker tho and get back to you.
Lowering the averages since 2009
Craig Beevers
Series 57 Champion

Post by Craig Beevers »

If John 'I was spooked by the Russian mafia' Higgins is banned from it I might watch.
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Michael Wallace wrote:Snooker is fundamentally unsexy
Those of us who recall Kirk Stevens' figure-hugging white suit, trousers forever threatening to burst as he half-straddled the table with the spider rest for yet another tricky corner shot, might respectfully beg to differ.
Brian Moore
Devotee

Post by Brian Moore »

Phil Reynolds wrote:Those of us who recall Kirk Stevens' figure-hugging white suit, trousers forever threatening to burst as he half-straddled the table with the spider rest for yet another tricky corner shot, might respectfully beg to differ.
Not quite sure how you managed to avoid talking about sinking balls into the corner pocket.
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Brian Moore wrote:Not quite sure how you managed to avoid talking about sinking balls into the corner pocket.
I do recall Ted Lowe using the phrase "kissing the pink" quite gratuitously during one of Kirk's games.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Not even a mention of squeezing in a tight brown followed by a long black.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
JimBentley
Fanatic

Post by JimBentley »

"...and Fred Davis, now too old to get his leg over, prefers to use his left hand."