Android apps

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Joseph Krol
Kiloposter

Android apps

Post by Joseph Krol »

Anyone got any suggestions of good android apps? Mine include:

The Three Angry Birdses
Dropwords
Paper Toss
Air control
Fatbooth
Kobo
Google Earth
Mark James
Kiloposter

Re: Android apps

Post by Mark James »

Try these. Particularly Highway Hog. Warning. You may notice a link to a special article about Highway Hog. Don't read it before you play the game.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

I quite like Trap! on the games front, it's a nice twist on the classic Wetrix-style "make a closed box before the enemies hit you" thing. Also I couldn't live without OI File Manager since the music player seems intent on not finding files I've downloaded unless they're in the Music folder.
Joseph Krol
Kiloposter

Post by Joseph Krol »

Also I like JuiceDefender. I did a vaguely scientific experiment to see which (out of JuiceDefender, GreenPower battery saver, and battery doctor) battery saving app worked best and it came out on top. My phone now runs for about an hour and a half more than it used to! Others I just remembered are Diversion (a weird take on platformers), Fruit Slice, Google Sky Map, Photoshop Express, Slice It, The Jokes, Android Web Editor, and X Construct.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Joseph Krol wrote:Also I like JuiceDefender. I did a vaguely scientific experiment to see which (out of JuiceDefender, GreenPower battery saver, and battery doctor) battery saving app worked best and it came out on top. My phone now runs for about an hour and a half more than it used to! Others I just remembered are Diversion (a weird take on platformers), Fruit Slice, Google Sky Map, Photoshop Express, Slice It, The Jokes, Android Web Editor, and X Construct.
I think I've changed enough settings that my battery life is now optimal without an app like that. Might be interesting to compare, although it might not.

As for apps... Twicca is a nice Twitter app, but the real best app is GameBoid which you have to pay for but is a GameBoy Advance emulator.
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

Bubble Blast 2 is quite a good one.