James Pearson

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

James Pearson

Post by Joseph Bolas »

I don't know if anyone else has remembered that Karen's husband is on The National Lottery: Who Dares Wins, but not only has James and his teammate Daniel beat the two lads (thank god, they were annoying), who were the champions last week, but so far they have also banked £20,000.

I liked the story that youse met at a quiz :).

EDIT: If you missed it, it should be on iPlayer shortly.
Karen Pearson
Devotee

Re: James Pearson

Post by Karen Pearson »

Very exciting night in our house - although James was more nervous watching than he was when he was actually filming!!!

Keep watching!
Ben Pugh
Enthusiast

Post by Ben Pugh »

Wow, I had no idea. Congratulations on your husband's winnings Karen.
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Karen Pearson wrote:Very exciting night in our house - although James was more nervous watching than he was when he was actually filming!!!

Keep watching!
Speaking of gameshows, has James never been on Countdown before Karen?
Karen Pearson
Devotee

Post by Karen Pearson »

Thanks Ben. He did a lot of revision for it so it's nice that the hard work paid off.

No, Joe, James hasn't been on Countdown and never will. He's an accountant so he's great on the numbers but pretty clueless on the letters (although he could probably give Andrew Sachs or Joan Bakewell a run for their money).
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Karen Pearson wrote:Thanks Ben. He did a lot of revision for it so it's nice that the hard work paid off.

No, Joe, James hasn't been on Countdown and never will. He's an accountant so he's great on the numbers but pretty clueless on the letters (although he could probably give Andrew Sachs or Joan Bakewell a run for their money).
To be honest, with his brilliant knowledge and memory, I would have thought he would've excelled on Countdown.
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

After last Saturday's game, well done to James and Daniel for now getting up to £125,000 on their current winnings.
Craig Beevers
Series 57 Champion

Post by Craig Beevers »

Yea I echo those sentiments, thought they were doomed when the deciding list was to do with the Spice Girls.

Think it's a bit mean that they split the winnings mind.
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Craig Beevers wrote:Yea I echo those sentiments, thought they were doomed when the deciding list was to do with the Spice Girls.

I was impressed when it came to the 20 royals in the line of the succession to the throne question. James (not sure if Daniel helped out here) knew 16 of the 20 names, exceeding the 15 required for the £50,000.
Craig Beevers
Series 57 Champion

Post by Craig Beevers »

Heh @ this list

Scrabble letters worth more than 1 point - it's a tiebreaker.

Wouldn't be surprised if they got through all of them (as he says that the challengers come up with N and lose)
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Craig Beevers wrote:Heh @ this list

Scrabble letters worth more than 1 point - it's a tiebreaker.

Wouldn't be surprised if they got through all of them (as he says that the challengers come up with N and lose)
That was a good round indeed and finally something Daniel knew :lol:

EDIT: I will also be very surprised if someone gets all 6 main numbers on the lottery too :shock:
Lee Simmonds
Acolyte

Post by Lee Simmonds »

That was a great save getting all those Spanish speaking countries.
8-)
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Lee Simmonds wrote:That was a great save getting all those Spanish speaking countries.
8-)
They are very good, and have done very well so far to get £150,000 in winnings.
Karen Pearson
Devotee

Post by Karen Pearson »

Joseph Bolas wrote:
Craig Beevers wrote:Yea I echo those sentiments, thought they were doomed when the deciding list was to do with the Spice Girls.

I was impressed when it came to the 20 royals in the line of the succession to the throne question. James (not sure if Daniel helped out here) knew 16 of the 20 names, exceeding the 15 required for the £50,000.
Hi. Thanks for all the nice comments about James's performance. We've just got back from 8 days in Vegas (spending the money???) and haven't caught up with the programmes yet.

We had Dan to thank for the getting them through the Spice Girls round (not that it did his streed-cred any good with the other band members!), as well as the Scrabble round (I told you that James doesn't like word games). We had learnt the first 19 of the royals in line to the throne so I knew we were in for £50k as soon as the topic came up! And we'd also learnt the Spanish-speaking countries - but the first time I had tested James on it, the second answer he gave was 'Brazil' (aaarrrgh!). Just shows that hard work pays off!

It would be nice if you didn't have to split the money but even half of it is amazing!! More money than we're ever likely to get in one go again! And way more money than you can win on most shows.

If anyone is interested, Dan's band is called the Station Club (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =115387166).

And another little interesting coincidence.... when we were checking in for our flight to Vegas, we bumped into Ian - the guy who was knocked out on the Spice Girls question. He was on his way to Orlando. What a small world it is!
Julie T
Kiloposter

Post by Julie T »

Congratulations to you and your DH, Karen. :D
I hope you didn't blow it all in Vegas! ;)
"My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me." Benjamin Disraeli
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Karen Pearson wrote:Hi. Thanks for all the nice comments about James's performance. We've just got back from 8 days in Vegas (spending the money???) and haven't caught up with the programmes yet.
Hope you had a lovely time :D