Roses

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Favourite Roses Chocolate?

Dairy Milk
25%
Caramel Velvet
6%
Golden Barrel
6%
Country Fudge
13%
Hazel Whirl
13%
Strawberry Dream
19%
Tangy Orange Creme
6%
Brazilian Darkness
No votes
Caramel
13%
Hazel in Caramel
No votes
None
No votes
Other
No votes
Don't make me choose between my babies
No votes

Total votes: 16

Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Roses

Post by Michael Wallace »

Christmas naturally brings with it the tins of chocolates, and whilst I have become used to the sad departure of the coffee cream from my tin of Roses, I am getting a little fed up of the reshuffling. This year it seems that of the 10 chocolates, a whopping 4 are caramel in some way. 4 out of 10! That's 40% (I know that because I'm a statistician). Unacceptable.

What is your favourite and why? Anyone who only eats Quality Street is ineligible due to being a baby killer.

Mine is probably Country Fudge, although the classic Dairy Milk is a close second.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Re: Roses

Post by Matt Morrison »

I have always thought that Brazilian Darkness sounds well racist, but I have only just begun thinking that Golden Barrel sounds like a well extreme golden shower.
Ralph Gillions
Devotee

Post by Ralph Gillions »

I liked coffee creme best. Pity they dropped it.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Yeah I've gone right off Roses but the strawberry one is still the best one. I am more of a Quality Street fan because of the Toffee Penny which is a dream. Don't mind celebrations but as always happens, I'm left with Mars, Snickers, Bounty and Milky Way left to choose from after devouring all the Galaxy, Galaxy Caramel, Truffle and Malteser ones.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Ryan Taylor wrote:Yeah I've gone right off Roses but the strawberry one is still the best one.
Correct.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Moses supposes his toses are roses but Moses supposes erroneously.
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

It just occurred to me while reading this that my favourite, the bourneville, was missing from the tin that was open in our house this crimbo. It's so long since I had roses I'd forgotten about it. Shame that. Country fudge it is so.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Andy Wilson wrote:It just occurred to me while reading this that my favourite, the bourneville, was missing from the tin that was open in our house this crimbo. It's so long since I had roses I'd forgotten about it. Shame that. Country fudge it is so.
I thought Bourneville was in Miniature Heroes? Whilst on the topic of Miniature Heroes I think they have become quite good at narrowing down the selection to ones that most people like (I am using my own tastes to represent everyone's tastes because I am god). I used to like the Cadbury Dream (the white chocolate ones) but they don't seem to be in them now although the like twisted creme egg one is very nice. Used to always be left with the crunchies and the picnics but again I think Cadbury has noticed this and taken them out. I certainly didn't notice them in the small packet I had just before Christmas.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

I tend to think assorted chocolates that aren't quite as good as chocolate are bit pointless, and anyone who has voted for Dairy Milk surely agrees. Also a friend of mine calls things like this "sweets". No.

Edit - actually they're alright but I'm not sure what I'd pick as my favourite. Maybe just Dariy Milk. :mrgreen:
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Gavin Chipper wrote:I tend to think assorted chocolates that aren't quite as good as chocolate are bit pointless, and anyone who has voted for Dairy Milk surely agrees. Also a friend of mine calls things like this "sweets". No.
Bet you had a fun Christmas.
John Gillies
Acolyte

Post by John Gillies »

Ryan Taylor wrote:I am more of a Quality Street fan because of the Toffee Penny which is a dream.
Whilst trying to munch my way through a tin of Quality Street a toffee dislodged a crown right at the front of my mouth. So that'll cost me a good few quid at the dentist's next week.

Also, we had to replace the washing machine which broke down the week before xmas; a glass coffee table which shattered into a thousand pieces when nudged by the hoover just before xmas; and finally (??!!) the microwave which blew up just after xmas.

Yo Ho Fuckin Ho :evil:
Karen Pearson
Devotee

Post by Karen Pearson »

Ryan Taylor wrote: Don't mind Celebrations but as always happens, I'm left with Mars, Snickers, Bounty and Milky Way left to choose from after devouring all the Galaxy, Galaxy Caramel, Truffle and Malteser ones.
You can send me the Snickers ones (I'll swap you for the Galaxy Truffles).

And I'll have the Crunchies out of your Heroes if you can't bring yourself to eat them. I can't remember what else in in them that I would swap with you.
Oliver Garner
Series 62 Champion

Post by Oliver Garner »

John Gillies wrote:
Yo Ho Fuckin Ho :evil:
Oh how we need the Father Christmas DC character back on Apterous.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

i would have voted for dairy milk but this :The submitted form was invalid keeps happening (well i spose its better than a ban)
Although for pure comic effect a dog eating a toffee is hilarious.
Cue the RSPCA and homophobia comments.
I love dogs, bestiality is best...................how low can you go ?.............a dachshund lol
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Oliver Garner
Series 62 Champion

Post by Oliver Garner »

Marc Meakin wrote::The submitted form was invalid keeps happening (well i spose its better than a ban)
Change your forum skin at your User Control Panel.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Oliver Garner wrote:
Marc Meakin wrote::The submitted form was invalid keeps happening (well i spose its better than a ban)
Change your forum skin at your User Control Panel.
Thanks you are a legend
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Oliver Garner
Series 62 Champion

Post by Oliver Garner »

Marc Meakin wrote: Thanks you are a legend
No probs mate
Soph K
Devotee

Post by Soph K »

STRAWBERRY DREAM!!!!!!!
BECAUSE THEY ARE YUMMY OF COURSE!!!!!!!!!!
P.S. THIS IS RANDOM LOL :)
One Direction are my life. <3
"The reason for life is to find out who you are"
"It always seems impossible until it's done" :)
Love loads of celebs to be honest... Might marry Nicky Maccy :P