The last Post?

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Is it time for Meakin to go now?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:34 am

yes, be gone you werent funny and no one likes you
17%
no
17%
no (plus funny comment)
No votes
yes
No votes
yes (plus comment)
No votes
go where oh leave this forum well i'm not exactly sure em don't know
No votes
no on condition that he......(add coment)
50%
yes fuck off and die (how did DOD hijack this poll)
17%

Total votes: 6

Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

The last Post?

Post by Marc Meakin »

Just in case this is my last post (Charlie permitting)I thought I had better get my valediction (?) in now.
I have really enjoyed being part of this forum, and until 'I blew it' it has really been a great comfort to me, particularly during my darkest days of depression (said but true you guys were my only friends during this time) but I feel I am now no longer wanted by the majority of you and because I love em (thanks Sue {no not Sanders YOU MUPPETS}) here is a kinda ultimatum to myself in the form of a poll.
If the various forms of yesses beat the various forms of no's then 'I will get me coat'
I expect at least 20 responses for validity though.
This could be your bestest new year present Charlie.
Poll to end in 15 days.
It's your votes that count, I mean it most sincerely (I wonder how many of you will know who I am paraphrasing)
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Re: The last Post?

Post by Ben Hunter »

I think you should go, for your own sake. You have placed way too big an emotional investment in this place, more than is healthy. And since your name is pretty much mud around here these days you can gain nothing from sticking around. By sticking around you're only going to wind yourself up more and more. Maybe find a new forum and make new friends there.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

You'd do alright here if you just let everything drop. Stop mentioning in every single post how many times you've been banned, how much of a cunt you are, how much of a cunt Charlie is, etc. etc. ad nauseum. Just move on - let it lie - and in giving yourself a chance to forget about the things that have really upset you about this forum, you'll give everyone else a chance to forget the things that might have upset them about you.

Pretend none of the shit here ever happened, and just start posting as if you've turned up here for the first time and you don't know anyone here. That might be your last chance - otherwise, as Ben says, you've just got too much emotional investment for it to work.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

well i tried twice to post under a pen name (parker?)but i assume Charlie forbade it.
IT WOULD BE AN INTERESTING EXPERIMENT TO SEE IF i would piss you all(?) off under a different name.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Marc Meakin wrote:well i tried twice to post under a pen name (parker?)but i assume Charlie forbade it.
Ben does the account approvals these days, I didn't even see it. But had you been successful I would've banned you permanently.
Marc Meakin wrote:IT WOULD BE AN INTERESTING EXPERIMENT TO SEE IF i would piss you all(?) off under a different name.
I'm sure yOUR WRITING STYLE wouldnt give anything aWAY.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Marc Meakin wrote:well i tried twice to post under a pen name (parker?)but i assume Charlie forbade it.
Ben does the account approvals these days, I didn't even see it. But had you been successful I would've banned you permanently.
Marc Meakin wrote:IT WOULD BE AN INTERESTING EXPERIMENT TO SEE IF i would piss you all(?) off under a different name.
I'm sure yOUR WRITING STYLE wouldnt give anything aWAY.
Harsh and amusing in equal measures.
Ralph Gillions
Devotee

Post by Ralph Gillions »

What Matt said. ^^^